Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Bug Report: Unique Longship Raiders' Shields Can Break in Combat, This Causes Their Shields to be Invisible when Bracing.

0 Likes/4 Replies/22 Views
    SkywardSoul
    Original poster 82 posts

The unique raiders that you can along throughout the main story can have their shields broken in combat. This causes the same raiders to have "invisible shields" when they are bracing on the longship. The bug seems to affect Rollo, Vili, and Bjorn (this is the guy you unlock from the Berserker Pre-order quest). It does not seem to happen with Birna from my attempts to recreate the bug with her, and I can't test the bug with Finnr as I did not make the right choices in the story to unlock him for my ship. I've seen this bug in the game since launch, and it is still in the game since the previous patch, 1.2.2. I just recently figured the cause of the bug, and decided to report it.

Here is a clip showing Rollo's shield being damaged, and then at 0:14 he throws it away because it is broken.

Screenshot of Vili bracing with an "invisible shield".
    undefined

Screenshot of Rollo and Bjorn bracing with "Invisible shields"
    undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 475 posts

Hello @skywardsoul, I'm sorry to hear about these shield issues you've come across. Could you please ensure the save experiencing this issue is uploaded to the cloud?

Official Response
  • SkywardSoul
    Original poster 82 posts

@ubi-mercury The save is uploaded to the cloud, but I don't think that the issue is related to my save. I've shown the cause of bug in my clip, I believe that other people could replicate the glitch with their save game by just doing exactly what I did in the video (taking the unique raiders that I mentioned, such as Vili, Rollo, and Bjorn, on raids until their shields break, and then brace while on the longship).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Apologies for the delayed response, @SkywardSoul! Thanks for confirming that your save is uploaded to the cloud. I've passed your report, including the images and videos shared, over to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics