Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CainStar
    Original poster 5 posts

I have played every AC game to date, and I must say that that Valhalla, now that I have 31h in, is quite a disappointment. How is it possible to go backwards gameplay wise in so many ways?

1. Why doesn't Odin Sight show lootable objects, just like in Origins and Odyssey? Maybe this was just a gameplay decision but I can't honestly can't see why.
    2. How is it that the Predator Shot, which worked insanely well in Origins and Odyssey, now is practically broken. When you shoot the arrow it takes a second, or two, for the actual "flight controls" to work, meaning that at start of the flight the arrow turns, but the camera doesn't follow movement, which makes hitting small targets HARD.
    3. The combat "targeting" is REALLY REALLY bad. More than once, and this really a problem when fighting difficult enemies, Eivor leaps/attacks in to completely "wrong" direction of where he was last attacking, and this gotten me killed numerous times.
    4. What good is the skill where the raven picks up the loot, when you use ranged weapon, if it doesn't also bring back the arrow? Seriously it defeats the point of the whole skill as you still need go and pick up the arrow since they don't grow on trees(pun intended) in Valhalla.
    5. It seems that climbing up has been slowed down. Seriously it's not like AC games are about moving ALOT in vertical manner at all.
    6. And why oh why is running a TOGGLE action in Valhalla, instead of just like in every other AC game a HOLD action. Why is there no option to change that since I like to, as I am sure many others do too, to make running and climbing button the same. Now Eivor is contantly switching between running and walking.

Then there are the "I am a superman" bugs, in which Eivor is launched in the air several feet, which I didn't run into in Origins or Odyssey not once.
    I also found a bug which prevented me from using the "Explosive Corpse" skill, but I was able to solve it. The solution just simply showed how little Ubisoft devs actual test their games.
    And an engine bug which I believe is still present in Valhalla, atleast last time was delt with the issue/researched about it, is the Aspect Ratio bug. In which you get black bars top and bottom of your screen. I believe this bug appeared in Odyssey, but not in Origin(I could be wrong), since I experienced it myself, and Ubisoft could not even fix or help me with it. They just stringed me along for 6 months with their "support". Luckily I was able "resolve" the issue by myself.

Now the actual bugs aside I was wondering could the gameplay issues be resolved/improved upon? I mean it can't be that hard to "just copy", I know actual "just copy&paste" isn't possible, but something along lines of copying gameplay settings from Odyssey to Valhalla.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hwanah
    67 posts

@cainstar #6, I've been whining about that for months now. Hehahaha hope they address that in some sort of way instead of hanging players like me. "We are not going to do anything about it." or "We don't know how to implement such options at current state." so I can decide whether to leave or not.

• CainStar
    Original poster 5 posts

Addendum #1:
    7.Torch drop action needs to be "hold button action" just like in Odyssey so you don't drop the torch everytime you loot.
    8.Why is the axe throw, in chained assassination, not treat as assassination action since the target of the chained attack doesn't get looted, if you have the skill which autoloots melee and assassination victims.
    9.Chained assassination action needs to happen even if you are spotted while doing the initial assassination attack otherwise it is pretty useless skill.

Suggested Topics