Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Meltherne
    Original poster 2 posts

I've recently bought Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Now, I'm having a great old time with it, just got to England, decided to ravage Grantebridgecire, do some Mysteries, find some Wealth, all fun and games. Classic Viking stuff.

But this is where I get the problem. Around this westernmost raiding location of that zone (Grantebridgecire), as of last night (27th of June, though in terms of timing it was around 1AM-ish on the 28th), my game crashed. I wanted to go to the Sync Point just south of that raiding place, and it froze, then shutdown to desktop.

Now whenever I go back in, I get to run around for 5 minutes, and it does the same. Freeze, then crash. I've tried everything at this point; Verifying the Game Files, didn't work. Wiping the cache and files cache from my game files, didn't work. Lowering the graphics settings didn't work; My Graphics Drivers are up to date, as is my Windows. Even reinstalling the game did nothing to solve the problem; I could run towards the sync point for 2-3 minutes, and the game would do it again.

The only offshoot that I had, was when I didn't run towards the sync point, and instead away from it, that somewho made it last a while longer. But somewhere in the raid I did nearby (the aforementioned raiding location) it happened again - coincidentally as I was nearing the sync point -. However, this was also the first startup after I cleared the cache and the files cache in the game files. I don't know if that's a factor or not but it's useful information to have.

In time of writing, as well, I've currently reinstalled Ubisoft Connect as well, giving me a 'A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.', which after writing this paragraph, I've noticed is now fixed. This did lead me to believe it was a Ubisoft Connect issue, but I've not tried to start the game again since.

Either way, I have my doubts whether or not the game is the problem or if Ubisoft is; What I do know is that I just really want to start playing the game again and I've no clue how to go about solving it.

I'm very sorry for the long story, but I felt like if i added all the detail that I know, it's probably of the best help. I hope that this issue will be resolved as soon as possible; I'm assuming it's still a result of game fixes that conflict or otherwise other gameplay issues; I hope to hear back soon as to how to fix this issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Meltherne
    Original poster 2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@meltherne Hello! I am very sorry to hear about the crashing you are having. I thank you for all of the details you have provided about this and all of the steps you have already tried at this time!

Would you be willing to tell me if you also have more than one save available currently to see if the crashing is occurring with both saves or just the save that you have from after raiding Grantebridgecire? Please let me know!

Official Response
  • Shepard13194
    1 posts

@meltherne same thing is happening to me. needed more resources for the village so I decided to go take it from people who couldn't keep it. now i get 5 minutes and it crashes. no matter which direction i go. north toward the synch point or south toward the boat. it still crashes. I have no idea what to do and I'm getting a little frustrated.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there @Shepard13194! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game. If you haven't already, please can you try all of these PC troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists after trying all of those steps, would you be able to provide us with some more information about the crashes you're experiencing?

• Does the crash only happen in specific locations, or does it happen randomly?
    • If the crash happens in a specific area, are you able to reproduce it when re-visiting the location?
    • If the crash happens in a specific area, can you send us a video which shows where the crash occurs?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics