Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @DevourColossus & @Ado148!

I apologise for the delayed response. Thanks for the tag!

@DevourColossus - Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps for us, and for providing us with some more information about where the stuttering occurs. You mention that this happens everywhere. Does it seem to be consistent around busy locations (such as the settlement and towns) compared to quieter locations (such as in the wilderness)?

Have you been able to upload your video to YouTube yet which demonstrates the stuttering you're encountering in-game? If so, please can you share a link with us so we can take a closer look?

Can you also let us know which CPU you use with your setups? Thanks for letting us know that you have an RTX 2070 for your laptop and an RTX 3090 with your desktop.

@Ado148 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering stuttering in-game as well. Just to check, have you been able to try these PC troubleshooting steps yet? Additionally, can you let me know if you happen to use a Bluetooth controller? If so, can you try the workaround suggested by @TyranusVader, and connect your controller via a USB wire? This will help us to work out if the Bluetooth connection is a potential cause of the stuttering.

Thank you for sending us some videos as well! You mention that this happens frequently across the map. Does it seem to be more consistent in busier locations (such as the settlement and in towns) compared to quieter locations (such as alone in the wilderness)?

Can you also confirm your PC specs for us? In particular, can you let us know which CPU/GPU you have.

@TyranusVader - Thanks for sharing how you were able to resolve stuttering in your own game!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ubi-borealis hey again, my dude. Appreciate you stepping in! I am on an i9-10900k with my Rtx 3090 and a I7-107xxh (can't remember what exactly and away from my laptop at the moment) with my 2070 laptop. These stutters are very specific and littler the maps so close to each other that you can't go five 2 minutes without encountering them. In the middle of the wild, in lunden, in ravensthorpe. All over. Doesn't matter on population. This is in Ireland, England and (to a lesser extent) Norway.

These are my experiences with the same issues shown in the videos.

I will try again to post after work, but youtube keeps hitting me with "this video is still processing" for a week.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing me with some more information about your set-up, @DevourColossus, as well as some more information about how often these stutters happen.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your video. You could try using a different sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, to share your video with. Alternatively, we could try collecting your video via a support ticket as a .zip file. This would also allow us to collect your system files, which could be helpful for further investigation by the development team. If you'd like to open a support ticket, please let me know and I'll gladly assist you with that 🙂

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ado148
    32 posts

@Ubi-Borealis yes I tried your trobleshooting steps already several times.
    This stuttering occurs accross the whole map no matter where you are. In short it doesn t matter if I am in town or in wilderness. I think it has to do something with loading a part of the map into the memory.

About my config, well I showed my specs in the videoes I send earlier.
    I7 10700KF
    RTX 3090
    2x8 GB DDR4 3600MHz
    Game is on the SSD (Crucial MX 500 500GB)

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know that you've tried the troubleshooting steps already, @Ado148, as well as providing us with some more information about where this stuttering occurs and your system set-up. I've passed your report along to the development team for a closer look.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ado148
    32 posts

Thank you kindly.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ubi-borealis Hey! finally got it to post.

• Ado148
    32 posts

@devourcolossus Definitely this is problem on their side as I see it, because we have exactly the same problem.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ado148 Agreed. This is honestly one of the worst pc ports I have ever seen. I'm also now just randomly locked at 60 fps that I have another ticket out for. For a GPU that is god tier to be forced on its knees just to play it and it still look and play like crap while it looks and performs like a dream on a PS5 says something.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sending that video to us, @DevourColossus! I've included this in your report to the development team, who will take a closer look at this issue.

If we require any additional information from you regarding these stutters you're encountering in-game, we will reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, I would recommend keeping an eye out for any future updates within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ado148
    32 posts

@Ubi-Borealis any news about how or rather if the stuttering issue have been resolved?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ado148!

I can see that the development team are still investigating your reports regarding stuttering in-game further, and that they don't yet have any new updates to share. I recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates regarding performance issues in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ado148 have you checked since updating? I'm on paternity leave and away from my main rig so I can't check. It was like a 30 gig update, could've snuck in something that fixed it.

• Ado148
    32 posts

@devourcolossus I tried playing the game after title patch 1.3.0 sadly, I must say that the issue for me hasn t been resolved although I saw some improvment with FPS stability.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ado148 I noticed the FPS was better on my laptop yesterday. Until I started the festival today. One step forward, 30 steps back. I'm certain they don't test their game anymore.

• Ado148
    32 posts

@devourcolossus and the stuttering still occurs for you then ?

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 64 posts

@ado148 honestly can't tell on my laptop. Especially since the festival destroyed the frame rate in my go-to place to check. I do get stutters still but unknown if they are for that specific spot.

I won't be back with my 3090 for about another month to check that one.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Hi all, thanks for getting back in contact and sorry to hear you still appear to be experiencing these performance issues after the latest update, especially around the festival event. Our teams are still looking into this so please keep an eye on these forums and social media outlets for further news, updates and patch notes. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Official Response
  • Ado148
    32 posts

@ubi-litten it is not connected with the latest patch 1.3.0, these stutters occurs all over the map, at the same spots. And this stutters forced me to stop playing the game because it is unbereable. You can check the videoes we provided you with.
    Note that other games including AC Odyssey and Origins runs just fine.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @Ado148

Thank you for the update! I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

While our team is investigating these reports since that last update, can you please contact our team on our Support Site, as you mentioned that this situation is not related to the update?
    Please attach both of the following system files:

It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics