Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ado148
    33 posts

@ubi-mark It is not related to the update 1.3.0. Of course I can contact your support team, no problem with that but @Ubi-Borealis already reported this to the development team, and I dont dnow if they are investigate it or not, or it is rather complex problem so they need more time for it.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 932 posts

@ado148 Thank you for the update and our team is currently aware of this issue at this time and has asked for further information to help with their research.

If you have not done so already, and are encountering this problem, would you please create a support ticket with your system files attached? They have also asked that you ensure that your latest save files are uploaded to the Cloud (you will see a cloud icon on your save slot to confirm this). This will also the development team to use your saved files for their investigation. We appreciate your assistance while our team resolves this. Once we have further news and announcements, we will be keeping everyone posted as soon as we have furhter updates to share.

Official Response
  • Ado148
    33 posts

@ubi-smash there is problem with creating a ticket, only Start Chat is avaible.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 932 posts

@ado148 Could you confirm if you receive the same options when creating the ticket from the link Here? Please note you also create a support ticket with our social media support on our Facebook and Twitter page to share the files here.

Official Response
  • Ado148
    33 posts

@ubi-smash yes I have same options when I click on the link you provided me with, but now I am able to click on Start Chat. And it is a problem when I created the support ticket via your Facebook team ?

Thanks for the answer.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Thanks for getting back in contact and apologies for any confusion caused by the information provided. I can see you have contacted us via our Facebook support page and that our agents have been able to receive the requested files and forwarded them for further review.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this additional information and patience while our development team work towards getting this issue resolved. Please keep an eye on these forums along with our social media outlets for any further news, updates and patch notes as soon as it is available. In the meantime, if you have any further queries or would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to let us know.

Official Response
  • Ado148
    33 posts

So it s been a long time since I contacted you, how is the investigation going ? Did they find out what is the cause of the stuttering or not ?

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 430 posts

Hey @ado148,

Thank you for your patience.

I can confirm this is currently still under active investigation, I can assure you however as soon as we have an update we will let players know via our forum news

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Ado148
    33 posts

So after TU 1.3.1 the issue is still present. @DevourColossus what about you ? Do you still experience it or not ?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

@ado148 Hey!

Sorry to hear this persists after the update and has not been fixed as of 1.3.1.
    We'll continue to take player reports. Thank you for posting to let us know the stuttering is still present for you.

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

@ado148 hey! Finally back with my main rig and can confirm that after this update, the issue still persists. Not necessarily in those specific places anymore, and definitely feels more random but still getting hitching and FPS drops on High settings on an rtx 3090, which just goes to show how poor the port is. Having lots of hitching in the river raids as well, but I chalk that up to unpolished release as always.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 689 posts

Thank you for getting back to us @devourcolossus , sorry to see you're still having performance issues!

This is still being looked into by the team.

Have you created a case on our Support Site yet and sent over your system files?

As these would be helpful for us to pass onto the team as the investigation is still ongoing.

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

@ubi-theberry yes, back in may.

Ticket # 14684206

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

@ubi-theberry i think i may have found the cause. I think the hitching in Valhalla for PC is due to graphics lowering themselves. I do not have adaptive anything on and it still lowers graphics on it's own and the hitch happens at the same time. I believe this to be the cause of these specific and random hitches/FPS drops. At least for the ones happening in the settlement. look at the wood in this video as a very specific example.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

@devourcolossus look at the frame graph in the top left side of the video as the graphics change and you'll see, very visually, the FPS drop.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus maybe or maybe it is caused by bad texture streaming or caching

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

@ado148 sounds like it's all connected to me. It is definitely causing drops and hitching for me. Gives them a place to start looking if they actually feel like ever fixing anything for PC.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus I have the same issues so you are not the only person who experience them. And if they gona fix it or not well, I hope they do.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3931 posts

Hello there @DevourColossus!

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update, and for letting us know your support ticket number. I can confirm that your system files have been passed along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks for updating your report with your new findings about graphics lowering, and for including a video. I've passed this along to the development team as well so they can take a closer look at this. Thank you for sharing your input regarding this video as well, @Ado148.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all regarding the investigation into the stuttering and FPS drops you have been experiencing in-game. As soon as we have any new information available, we will let you know within the forums. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to share your reports and updates with us, as these are helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 68 posts

20 gig update tomorrow for PC. If this doesn't fix the texture streaming problem, I may just have to give up on this game. They really came out kicking and screaming at the fan base with this game. No cloth physics (and had the audacity to say that it is working as intended), absolute terrible PC port, some people still cant even complete the main game. But hey, they came out with yet another paid long clothed armor set that sticks to your legs, so it totally makes up for it.

Suggested Topics