ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ado148
    36 posts

@devourcolossus So did they fix it with that patch or not, I am asking because I am currently away from my main rig, so I cannot test the game.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ado148 negative ghost rider. Patern still full.

• Ado148
    36 posts

@devourcolossus nicely said :D.

Hopefully at the end of the game lifespan this stuttering will be fixed.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ado148 so I and many others are having the same problem in Far Cry 6 and they are basically acting like the problem doesn't exist, kind of like this thread. So if I had to guess, they have zero intention on actually making these games playable.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@DevourColossus - I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing performance issues in certain areas in-game on PC after the deployment of TU 1.3.2. Can you please clarify the specific areas where you encounter these performance issues, in addition to Ravensthorpe? Do you have any video clips recorded on the latest game version showing these issues that you could share with us as well? For issues in Far Cry 6, please report those over in the Far Cry 6 Player Support forums.

Additionally, you mention on the previous page that the PC version of the game is "terrible"; could you please expand on this, and clarify any issues you have been experiencing in addition to those mentioned in this thread? I'll be happy to try and assist with those as well if need be.

Finally, with regard to cloth physics in the game, this is the information we have from the development team at this time:

We can confirm that the behavior of cloth physics in game is not a bug. We regularly introduce quality-of-life improvements to the game through Title Updates and share the details through our forums.

While cloth physics is not currently a priority in our pipeline, we'll look to review this feature for potential future improvements if the opportunity arises.

Should any changes or improvements be introduced with regard to the available cloth physics in-game, we'll communicate this in the patch notes for the game as well as in our dedicated megathread here. Thank you.

@Ado148 - Could you please refer to what I've written to @DevourColossus above, and provide any additional information that you can, including areas where you notice these dips in performance and also links to any videos you can provide that demonstrate the issues you're describing?

Any additional information or evidence that either of you can provide since the deployment of TU 1.3.2 would be much appreciated. If playing on PC, it would also be great to receive copies of your MSINFO and DXDIAG: (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000078583) files via a support case for the development team to analyse.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ubi-woofer honestly nothing has changed with the update. Those videos that we posted are still accurate.

There's so many places where the game has it's FPS drops that we wouldn't be able to list them all. Tgeres hundreds if not thousands. As previously discussed on this thread and my last video posted, it is most likely a texture streaming issue. No matter the settings.

When I say the pc version is terrible, I mean that there are FPS drops everywhere, there are textures that load in with low resolution even when you have Anti-aliasing set to high/non-adaptive, I was stuck at 60fps for a while out of nowhere with no frame limiting on. These are just few of the problems that I have been combating since launch. As listed above, I and many others are also having the same problems with Farcry6. Meanwhile, I have zero of these issues on my PS5 with theses games. I actually bought the PS5 version of valhalla because I just wanted to be able to play the damn game.

For the cloth physics, im aware of the lazy [censored] comment as I was/am part of that original thread. Playing witcher 3 with zero frame drops and lifelike cloth physics at max settings wit no immersion breaking issues is a breath of fresh air considering ubisoft refuses to even make a cloak flow properly and the game playable.

• longjohn119
    1030 posts

@devourcolossus How is your Paging File set up in Windows? Don't fall for the "set a fixed size Page File size for better performance" because that hasn't been true since Windows XP ... The best setting is ticking the box at the top that says 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" .... That's how I set up my computers and have for well over a decade and I don't have any Hitching problems in Valhalla unless I max out the Volumetric Clouds setting ..... I had some crashing issues but not any problems with hitching/stuttering or FPS drops and I constantly monitor my system on a separate 7" LCD that looks like this

Asus X570 TUF Gaming MB
    32 GB 3600 RAM
    3700X CPU
    MSI RTX 2080 Super Seahawk X hybrid watercooled GPU

• Ado148
    36 posts

@ubi-woofer Basically what @DevourColossus has said I can confirm, we made a videos about this issue and it hasn t been resolved since then. After T.U. 1.3.2 I haven t noticed any improvment.

• conan429
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@longjohn119 yes. It's set to auto.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ubi-woofer it seams for farcry6 people (like myself) are having the same issues that we are experiencing with this game. People narrowing it down to Denuvo being used in both games. Denuvo is known to cause these issues in games.

https://gamerant.com/ubisoft-third-party-software-pc-stuttering-denuvo

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ubi-woofer two months later and it's still trash. Don't understand how every ubisoft game has stuttering on PC and they have the balls to blame it on hardware.

• Ado148
    36 posts

@devourcolossus same for me, even on my laptop stuttering still occurs at the same spots.

I7 11800H
    RTX 3060 (130W)
    2x8GB 3200MHz

• longjohn119
    1030 posts
    @devourcolossus same for me, even on my laptop stuttering still occurs at the same spots.

I7 11800H
    RTX 3060 (130W)
    2x8GB 3200MHz

Well when it comes to laptop you take about a 20%-25% performance hit over the desktop versions of those devices ..... Lower TDP = lower performance, you can't trump the Laws of Physics

People who own them hate to hear this but Gaming Laptops = Pay more and get less .... That's just the tradeoff for portability

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@longjohn119 completely off topic and well known. If you had read the previous comments, you'd know that we both also experience this on desktop 3090s and i9s as well as our laptops with exhaustive troubleshooting.

• longjohn119
    1030 posts

@devourcolossus The thing is I have a 3700X and a RTX 2080 Super Seahawk X @ 1440p and I'm not having these problems. Crashes yes, occasional arrows stuck in my hand yes but stuttering/hitching hasn't been a issue for me unless I have Volumetric Clouds cranked up to max .... I suspect a lot of people's problems are with their RBG software/hardware controllers which are notoriously buggy and hogs CPU cycles and/or interrupts .... The only RBG on my system is on the Motherboard and I have it shut off in the BIOS. I went out of my way to buy a case and an AIO without any of that junk, even the GPU only has a single white LED and I have a solid side case which are hard to find these days but windowed cases bleed RFI that gets into the Vector Network Analyzer I use for RF design and testing

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@longjohn119 I hate RGB. I prefer stealth builds. So it is not a matter of RGB controller/software. I have had stuttering problems with EVERY ubisoft game on all three of my systems. None of which have rgb.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ubi-woofer it seems like you are no longer active or don't care, but I have finally gotten stable frame rate. I have to use in game vsync,in-game fps lock of 60 and in game refresh rate set to 60hz. Not only that, but every time I start the game I have to change my refresh rate to 100hz and turn vsync off, THEN I have to change it back to 60hz with vsync on. Only then do I get stable FPS.

• longjohn119
    1030 posts

@devourcolossus Have you tried turning off V-sync and FPS limit in the game and doing it in your GPU's control panel instead? That usually works better in most cases and sometimes just a 60 FPS limit with V-sync off works well. The problem with V-sync in most games is that it is really a technology used for CRT monitors and is based on old TV standards from the 50's ..... The newer variable sync rate (G-sync and FreeSync) is much better but again the game has to implement that standard correctly for it to work well which is why you are often better off letting the GPU control it. In Witcher 2 and 3 I set a 60 FPS limit and V-sync in the Nvidia Control Panel which helps stablize things because I use so many Mods. In Skyrim, again very heavily Modded I set up a 60 FPS limit and V-sync in my ENB because the in-game V-sync is broken and the Papyrus scripting engine and the physics engine gets kind of wonky over 60 FPS

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@longjohn119 brother, I have been pc gaming for over 10 years. Believe me when I say have been trying to fix this for over a year JUST for this game. And this game does NOT like RTSS or NVIDIA capping. NVIDIA vsync is always on, but THIS game, along with Origins, REQUIRES in-game vsync and in game frame limit, both set to 60hz/fps AND a third part dll file to make the stuttering stop. It still stutters for auto save and every now and then when adventuring, but not NEARLY as much as deviating from this very specific set up. Oh, yeah. I also have to change the in-game ini file to a max FPS of 59fps, make it read only and place a 1 pre-render Frame in nvidia inspector.

I have a 144hz monitor as well, but this game was made specifically for hitting the 60 fps mark.

Suggested Topics