Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

Okay, so I didn't see this anywhere else and have been having issues with it for months. I have been encountering hitches in very specific locations. By hitches, I mean the frame rate will drop to 30 fps from 70/80 and it's an extremely noticeable studder. In specific places, is well, specific places. Like I can encounter the hitch, go back to the same spot and get it again.
    Ravensthorp is covered in these spots basically making out front of the long house unplayable. But I encounter these all over the game world.

I wish geforce experience overlay was working properly for me so I could record them, but I cant even upload the phone pictures because "they're too big" 🙄 If I had a nickle for every time I was lied to with that line.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@devourcolossus Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are having extreme FPS drops in different locations of the map. Would you be willing to try our troubleshooting guide and to verify your game files to see if it helps resolve this for you?

If it does not, are you able to try to capture a video another way of the different locations and in the video include the location that you are in showing the map to help forward this along for you? If you are able to record the video please upload the clip to YouTube as an unlisted video and provide me with the link. Thank you!

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@devourcolossus I had a similar hitching/stuttering issue which for the life of me could not figure out what was causing it until a read a post over at Reddit stating that the Bluetooth controller was the cause of the stutters. I disconnected my Bluetooth receiver and connected my controller via USB and all of a sudden, the game was as smooth as butter! So if you're using Bluetooth, try disconnecting it and see what happens.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubisushivamp hey thank you for the response! I unfortunately have tried all the troubleshooting tips and verified game files multiple times. I'm having this issue on BOTH of my setups. An rtx 2070 laptop at 1080p and my rtx 3090 desktop at 4k.
    Capping at 60fps kind of blunts it, but it is still noticeable. Uncapped FPS is extremely noticeable.

I will try after work today to get something going to get it on video.

@tyranusvader I truly wish it was that easy. I don't use Bluetooth since rdr2 had an issue with it a few years ago. I use wired controllers.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ado148
    33 posts

I have exactly the same problem, I will post a video when I get home.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubisushivamp finally got GeForce to record but now youtube is erroring.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@UbiSushiVamp should I text you with private message or should I post the link on the video here in the thread ?

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ado148 post the link here. easier for them to keep things together.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@UbiSushiVamp @DevourColossus here it is. It is the same you experience ?

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@UbiSushiVamp @ado148 YES! I also found them in front of the long house. If you basically circle around the central tree in the settlement, you'll get a ton. Basically anywhere in the settlement is a stutterfest. I've also been getting them heavily in Sciropescire during the king killer missions. Youtube is refusing to load my video, so I'm sorry I cant upload my version just yet.

maybe it's the 30 series. we have the same card.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus It s not related only to RTX 30XX cards also Radeon cards RX 6000 are suffering from this so there must be something wrong with the game loading orders or something like this, because other games like (Witcher 3, AC Odyssey, AC Origins ...) are running just fine for me.

And these spots we are both talking about, there is hundreds of them on the map. And I definitely agree with you about massive stuttering in front of the long house and in the Raven village.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ado148 hmm. i just tried out the Witcher 3 and had a couple random stutters, but that apparently is a problem. so far Horizon Zero Dawn is the only game i haven't had issues with. but im glad to know im not the only one still having issues with this game.

yes. they are EVERYWHERE!!!

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus For Witcher 3 you need just to build up your shader cache and then you will have smooth gameplay.

Now it would be good if someone from Ubisoft answer us.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ado148 good to know for witcher!

they tend to take a few days. i was honestly surprised i got an answer so quickly.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubisushivamp still nothing, huh?

• Ado148
    33 posts

@Ubi-Woofer could you please help us?
    Thank you

• Ado148
    33 posts

@Ubi-Borealis could please you answer us because @UbiSushiVamp do not respond.

Suggested Topics