Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus So did they fix it with that patch or not, I am asking because I am currently away from my main rig, so I cannot test the game.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ado148 negative ghost rider. Patern still full.

• Ado148
    33 posts

@devourcolossus nicely said :D.

Hopefully at the end of the game lifespan this stuttering will be fixed.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ado148 so I and many others are having the same problem in Far Cry 6 and they are basically acting like the problem doesn't exist, kind of like this thread. So if I had to guess, they have zero intention on actually making these games playable.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1263 posts

@DevourColossus - I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing performance issues in certain areas in-game on PC after the deployment of TU 1.3.2. Can you please clarify the specific areas where you encounter these performance issues, in addition to Ravensthorpe? Do you have any video clips recorded on the latest game version showing these issues that you could share with us as well? For issues in Far Cry 6, please report those over in the Far Cry 6 Player Support forums.

Additionally, you mention on the previous page that the PC version of the game is "terrible"; could you please expand on this, and clarify any issues you have been experiencing in addition to those mentioned in this thread? I'll be happy to try and assist with those as well if need be.

Finally, with regard to cloth physics in the game, this is the information we have from the development team at this time:

We can confirm that the behavior of cloth physics in game is not a bug. We regularly introduce quality-of-life improvements to the game through Title Updates and share the details through our forums.

While cloth physics is not currently a priority in our pipeline, we'll look to review this feature for potential future improvements if the opportunity arises.

Should any changes or improvements be introduced with regard to the available cloth physics in-game, we'll communicate this in the patch notes for the game as well as in our dedicated megathread here. Thank you.

@Ado148 - Could you please refer to what I've written to @DevourColossus above, and provide any additional information that you can, including areas where you notice these dips in performance and also links to any videos you can provide that demonstrate the issues you're describing?

Any additional information or evidence that either of you can provide since the deployment of TU 1.3.2 would be much appreciated. If playing on PC, it would also be great to receive copies of your MSINFO and DXDIAG files via a support case for the development team to analyse.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubi-woofer honestly nothing has changed with the update. Those videos that we posted are still accurate.

There's so many places where the game has it's FPS drops that we wouldn't be able to list them all. Tgeres hundreds if not thousands. As previously discussed on this thread and my last video posted, it is most likely a texture streaming issue. No matter the settings.

When I say the pc version is terrible, I mean that there are FPS drops everywhere, there are textures that load in with low resolution even when you have Anti-aliasing set to high/non-adaptive, I was stuck at 60fps for a while out of nowhere with no frame limiting on. These are just few of the problems that I have been combating since launch. As listed above, I and many others are also having the same problems with Farcry6. Meanwhile, I have zero of these issues on my PS5 with theses games. I actually bought the PS5 version of valhalla because I just wanted to be able to play the damn game.

For the cloth physics, im aware of the lazy [censored] comment as I was/am part of that original thread. Playing witcher 3 with zero frame drops and lifelike cloth physics at max settings wit no immersion breaking issues is a breath of fresh air considering ubisoft refuses to even make a cloak flow properly and the game playable.

• longjohn119
    776 posts

@devourcolossus How is your Paging File set up in Windows? Don't fall for the "set a fixed size Page File size for better performance" because that hasn't been true since Windows XP ... The best setting is ticking the box at the top that says 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" .... That's how I set up my computers and have for well over a decade and I don't have any Hitching problems in Valhalla unless I max out the Volumetric Clouds setting ..... I had some crashing issues but not any problems with hitching/stuttering or FPS drops and I constantly monitor my system on a separate 7" LCD that looks like this

Asus X570 TUF Gaming MB
    32 GB 3600 RAM
    3700X CPU
    MSI RTX 2080 Super Seahawk X hybrid watercooled GPU

• Ado148
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer Basically what @DevourColossus has said I can confirm, we made a videos about this issue and it hasn t been resolved since then. After T.U. 1.3.2 I haven t noticed any improvment.

• conan429
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@longjohn119 yes. It's set to auto.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubi-woofer it seams for farcry6 people (like myself) are having the same issues that we are experiencing with this game. People narrowing it down to Denuvo being used in both games. Denuvo is known to cause these issues in games.

https://gamerant.com/ubisoft-third-party-software-pc-stuttering-denuvo

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 73 posts

@ubi-woofer two months later and it's still trash. Don't understand how every ubisoft game has stuttering on PC and they have the balls to blame it on hardware.

Suggested Topics