ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    1024 posts

@devourcolossus RTSS isn't the problem per say, the overlay itself is the problem ..... I use RTSS to feed FPS to the graph on the 7" display that is shown in the screenshot above without any issues, I don't use v-sync in this game or Odyssey but I do have both capped at 120 FPS which helps to stabilize the startup and in-game menus. I also make an Exclusion in Windows Security for the entire game folder so the Windows Virus scanner doesn't scan that folder. I let Microsoft manage my Page File. However I do have AIDA64 Extreme running in the background to feed data to my 7" display and GeForce Experience Overlay because I need it for recording video which I do a lot although only for Bugs in Valhalla because the gameplay is just too convoluted to record entire playthroughs

These videos are about bugs but you don't see any stuttering in them, just gameplay glitches

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkdqp16ufvSlC5vmJvDcyZzsIHVEFciAy

• Ado148
    36 posts

@DevourColossus next patch (TU 1.4.1) should improve the texture streaming so we will see if they manage to fix this stuttering.

• DevourColossus
    Original poster 83 posts

@ado148 one can hope, brother.

• Ado148
    36 posts

So I tried to play this "game" and my conclusions are:

• it still crashes anytime anyplace (few minutes ago it crashed again, that s one of the reasons why I wrote this) I AM TIRED OF IT
    • data restructuring helped a lot with stuttering issue (for me at least) BUT IT IS STILL PRESENT AND IT IS FUC...ING ANNOYING, I just dont know why you canot see this problem, we send you vids where we shown our PC specs (GPU drivers included) and yet it seems you are unable to reproduce the problem we described to you in detail in order to fix it.

Btw even Odin himself and all of the viking gods would get bored to play this game till end.

I just reallly hope (if there will be next AC game) it will not be done by UBI Montreal but rather by UBI Quebec

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 598 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5577 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your updates with us about the stuttering you have encountered whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm glad to hear that the stuttering has reduced for some of you following the release of TU 1.4.1 and the data restructuring of the game.

The development team are still looking into what can potentially be causing these stutters to occur in-game. Thanks to those who have shared their reports with us, and have included videos demonstrating the behaviour in-game. These are very helpful for the team in better understanding how you experience the stutters when playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with the following information about the stuttering encountered in your own game:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PlayStation/Xbox)?
    • Have you been able to complete the basic troubleshooting steps for you platform? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues in-game, such as stuttering and freezing. You can find the support articles for your platform below:
    • When did the stuttering first occur for you? Did it happen after a specific update, or has it always happened whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla?
    • Does the stuttering occur when carrying out specific actions? Such as whenever the game autosaves, or when in busy areas like cities?
    • Can you provide us with a video that shows the stuttering happening in-game? If you can also include your in-game graphics settings in this video, this will be very helpful in understanding what your personal set-up is, and could be useful for further testing.

@Ado148 - I'm glad to hear that the stuttering has reduced for you, but I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still impacting on your gaming experience. Rest assured that the dedicated teams are still investigating this issue further. I'm aware you've shared a report with us previously, which was passed along to the dedicated teams. If you'd like to share any new videos with us, that would be helpful for seeing how the issue has evolved in your own game.

I'm sorry to hear that you experience regular crashes as well. I'd recommend that you share your crash report in our dedicated Megathread for crashes / freezes, if you haven't already, so we can take a closer look at what could potentially be causing these.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics