Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• karenshannonpl2
    Original poster 22 posts

So it would be really great if my jomsvikings didn't go around setting fire to the thatch of buildings that I have to climb around on to get in until I tell them to. In river raids it seems absurd that you would raid a little farm for supplies then start a massive fire to alert the military post just down the way that you are coming. I think the word would spread vikings were in the area pretty quickly and burning the military fortifications makes a certain amount of sense but alerting every soldier in the area right away is ridiculous.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@karenshannonpl2 Destroying things of the enemies and setting fires have long been a part of conquering and war in human history. Besides those fires may even serve as a kind of fear-spreading method to others nearby to make the enemies fear the Vikings more.

And I think the alarm level goes up, with or without setting fires, when a location is raided.

Anyway, that is all video-game logic stuff so if the game plans it that way, I put up with it.

• karenshannonpl2
    Original poster 22 posts

@imaginaryruins
    I think you missed the " until I tell them to " part. Having to eventually set everything on fire can be a part of it, but things being on fire while I am trying to get in the building resulting in me being on fire is frustrating.
    As far as not setting the first place you come to that's just a personal feeling because I am more inclined to the stealthy approach.

• bielik01
    821 posts

@karenshannonpl2 that's why I raid alone 😂
    more XP and rations for me

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@karenshannonpl2 Must have missed that part; apologies. Strangely I've never been burnt by entering or being inside burning buildings in River Raid.

Joking: it seems the game is realistic enough that Eivor catches fire inside burning buildings. 🙂

But seriously, I certainly understand your frustration thanks to your clarification.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics