Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fastnickPL
    7 posts
    I missed out on a few seasons because of crashes. It looks like I may not be able to finish this season either. Game screen capture freezes with no report(s) even task manager does not work.

i have same problem. today when i run the game i cant synchronization of achievements

• Leathersoul
    2 posts

@fastnickpl it looks like we are all cursed

• BattleMaster23
    26 posts

@v4mpir1 I have all Ubisoft background programs, launcher and The Division 2 whitelisted and allowed through Windows firewall. I don't use realtime thrid-party protection as it causes tons of problems with games. I also have opened all ports in my router for this game for a better connection in-case it was server related. I did all this a while ago and unfortunately makes no difference with this issue.

Whatever it is that is causing this "freeze crash" in my opinion it is either something in the Windows 10 OS related to DX12, or it is a memory leak within The Division 2 or it is the Easy Anti-Cheat system. Whichever thing it is I doubt it is anything to do with the gamers PC, the problem is not our fault or cannot be remedied by any work around. A fix by Ubisoft Developers is required to stop this happening.

If I am able to get Windows 11 up and running in October, I will of course be testing it with The Division 2 and see if the problem still persists.

• Agent_Stormy
    17 posts

Its ok it will only take them a week to think about fixing it..

I am kinda getting sick of the same cheap response from Ubisoft everytime there is a problem.

"Take a screenshot! Video of the problem happening!" 5000 others have the same problem "Oh we still don't beleive you enough to put someone on it!"

1.Item Link's Have never worked since TU9.
    2.PvP Dark Zones are so laggy its nearly unplayeable during a manhunt in Invaded.
    3.Crashes, Items vanishing, Agents being deleted(Latest).
    4.Loot Drops are [censored] at the best of times even on Legendary with 9 Directives in the summit.
    5.No reponse from Dev's with anything other then we are working on new content!.
    6.Now there is a new bug people are abusing too [censored] in the DZ with Waveform. (Am sure Ubisoft do these bugs to attract attention to the game).

I am crashing out quite alot too with the Game not responding Tried full reinstall updated all drivers no luck at all.

All in all It looks to me like there is going to be a very dry patch for Division 2 till they get there fingers out and fix the problem.. (These clowns have no idea the meaning of "LIVE SERVICE".. That doesn't mean "Store items for sale" only Ubisoft , It means you should fix your game when it breaks straight away not 22weeks later.

• jonnythefrank
    15 posts

Tried the windows update and still no joy. Still multiple crashes with Task Manager indicating suspended status.

• jonnythefrank
    15 posts

Crashed 3 times in the past 30 minutes.... unplayable right now.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    38 posts

@jonnythefrank Are you running the Golden Bullet Event? If so, deactivate it and see if the crashes/freezes stop. I did last night and between that session and my one today - no freezes so far or "suspended" message in the Task Manager.

Dear Massive Entertainment, how many months have you had between the last time The Golden Bullet Event was run and now? Apparently, 3 months wasn't enough time to give the player base a stable build for what is hopefully the LAST season re-run. Also, since you are responsible for the Ubisoft Connect application and The Division 2 - today the weekly challenges that just activated are not registering any progress. I just completed the American History Museum to complete the True Son shotgun kill challenge and zero kills were recorded - even though I only ran a shotgun for every kill throughout the mission.

Well done on the 2.83GB PC maintenance update this week and making the game even MORE unstable than it was. That steep decline of active players will only continue at this point until some REAL fixes address the instability within the PC game application.

• V4MPiR1
    125 posts

@jonnythefrank Same here.

• V4MPiR1
    125 posts

@rage_therapy I am running the event, and completely agree with you that having to deactivate it as a solution isn't a solution.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    38 posts

@v4mpir1 Damn I just had a freeze without the event on. Pointless.

• jonnythefrank
    15 posts

@rage_therapy I'm actually not running the Golden Bullet Event. Maybe activating then deactivating?

• V4MPiR1
    125 posts

@jonnythefrank Based on Rage's finding, I'm even more suspicious of it being downgraded servers.

undefined

• Scarberius
    6 posts

I tried again today but disabled Golden Bullet at the beginning. A bit shaky on framerate but was able to play about an hour without freezing or crashing. Was a report that it was ok during the day but worse at night so will try again tonight and see how it goes. If ok will try GB again later after a few days but looks like it's probably not going to be a go this time for whatever reason. Too bad as it is fun.

• spla5hdmg
    7 posts

still crashing after fresh windows install and all new configs and apps. affecting both dx11 and 12.

• Dr._No
    2 posts

i have been getting the same thing.. Task Manager shows the game as "suspended"..
    and as some one mentioned above, this started happening with this last Windows update.. which, go figure, they tell me to come here for help..
    i tweeted a cry for help to @TheDivisionGame (with a screen shot) and was promptly ignored..
    where's the "State of the Game" streams?
    hello? Division 2?

• Adrian-11
    800 posts

My take is that GE is messing up the server-side, potentially because of downgrades and they can't keep up with multiple buff/debuff cycles and other event triggers through this fast-paced GE.
    Interestingly, with Guardians the buff/debuff was applied to the entire team of 4, GB is individual, so many more cycles.
    Also, I had two instances when the game refused to connect... or rather the servers were too busy? My PC has decent specs and the internet connection is problem-free.
    For me, all these crash-fests coincided with GEs... otherwise very rare problems like that.

Not that I would expect Ubi or Massive to ever admit those downgrades (on D1 they are so obvious).

• MassiveVijayjay
    28 posts

I'm feeling sorry for Ubi. It's hard to get a game programmed to run right when they WIPE THEIR ASSESS WITH THEIR BARE HANDS #[censored] FIX YOR [censored]

• echolecter
    121 posts

Just set a new personal record, for 5th time the game locked up completely within an hour. This includes logout/login, start Uplay and game, then loading character. First 4 times were within 30 minutes, then after fifth time I logged in the game froze again while doing DUA with another player.

Simply lost for words really ...

• Singularity2011
    1 posts
    @v4mpir1 I have all Ubisoft background programs, launcher and The Division 2 whitelisted and allowed through Windows firewall. I don't use realtime thrid-party protection as it causes tons of problems with games. I also have opened all ports in my router for this game for a better connection in-case it was server related. I did all this a while ago and unfortunately makes no difference with this issue.

Whatever it is that is causing this "freeze crash" in my opinion it is either something in the Windows 10 OS related to DX12, or it is a memory leak within The Division 2 or it is the Easy Anti-Cheat system. Whichever thing it is I doubt it is anything to do with the gamers PC, the problem is not our fault or cannot be remedied by any work around. A fix by Ubisoft Developers is required to stop this happening.

If I am able to get Windows 11 up and running in October, I will of course be testing it with The Division 2 and see if the problem still persists.

In my Opinion, the Easy Anti-Cheat Software (besides the memory leak) is responsible for the random freezes.

So, the game will never be running without the Anti-Cheat System => that problem could probably never be fixed.

• jonnythefrank
    15 posts

@adrian-11 I think your take might be valid if it only happened with the GE enabled. But everyone, even those without the GE enabled are experiencing these freezes. I never had a problem with this game locking up until the Uplay update.

Suggested Topics