ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• khaelon
    19 posts

@burtmack1in

My DC adventure today was a total bust - I must have been disconnected from server while in a 3-man hero group about 5 times and afterwards I kept crashing randomly trying to do simple missions on Challenging level....DC map is very annoying today and the game as a whole....it was bad enough that my ISP is [censored] to begin with and USA has 3rd world ISP companies now compared to some of the "2nd/3rd world countries people used to make fun of" but who are now bypassing USA by a landslide in tech stability and ISP company efficiency and effectiveness. Hell, I wish I was back in Poland where my ISP cost 28usd, was 1GB without throttle of any sort and in the seven years I was there I had it only go down 6 times for minutes at a time...and once for half a day during a construction timeframe where we were notified....hell, I have barely seen USA have a cost effective ISP that does not [censored] on the customer [censored] on the service or just is [censored] period like Suddenlink is....sad day when you can probably get better internet service from Somalia than you can in the USA.

• ReNoVaTiO_TURK
    3 posts

Turn off game mode on Windows and it fixed it for me spoiler

• relentless987
    20 posts

theres a pattern for crashing in my game...everytime it crashes, it does so in the first 20-30 minutes. If I can go half an hour without crashing then there's 99% chance it won't crash anymore. its pretty weird.

also, it takes a fuckton of time for the game to actually start after I click on the .exe, and this is coming from someone who runs the game on an SSD. Why is this game so poorly optimized? Please, improve the quality control in your games, Ubisoft.

• khaelon
    19 posts

Running this game on a 2 TB SSD and if I wanted I have a secondary 6TB SSD but I doubt it would make much difference.....now I am finding that I cannot stay connected without a stupid error about once every 1-5 minutes.....I have no idea what caused this all of the sudden.... I have not had any issues like this before today, seems something has gone beyond [censored] and now I cannot seem to keep a connection to the server....nothing on my end....hell if I am not playing Div2 I would not have any issues at all....I am also noticing a [censored] ton of messages from Ubisoft while I am on this forum that keep having issues with my messages....interesting that Ubi is not staying connected either while I am typing this stuff.

• echolecter
    276 posts

@renovatio_turk

Good if it worked for you, lets see how long it will last and if it was just pure luck. Tried switch it off myself and didn't solve anything. In game for about 3 minutes, opened chest and at the exact moment I deconstructed the item the game got stuck. We can all try and find work-arounds that don't fix anything but it doesn't change the fact that this game has been actively broken by Massive since TU12 or changes with Connect. And since they are still 'investigating' after so many months there is no proper fix insight, to me it's just a smoke screen.

They really don't fix any bugs or even major issues that (only) effects players but they can hot-fix glitches within a few days when the sh!t hits the fan and their online exposure turns sour. If the new contents is running on the current state of the game it maybe great and refreshing but it will be completely unplayable by many players.

I play less and less and frankly said I cannot put myself to stay in the game for hours, like I used to do. I login and the question raises why I started it in first place, then logout again and go play or do something else.

• Habugii
    23 posts

@echolecter

As a user, its impossible to find a workaround to a memory leak bug deep in the game's code.

Check my CTD thread, there is a list, i tried many things, save some time to yourself, there is also a tip how to extend playtime between crashes.

• Habugii
    23 posts

@khaelon

The problem is NOT in your or anyone else PC.., its the game itself.

Check my thread and save time and frustration to yourself:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/113867/two-weeks-of-investigating-the-ctd-issue-results-and-facts?lang=en-US

• RogDodge
    3 posts

Same issue here. Done all the steps, including fresh installs setting my page file VM to a higher number, to prevent the memory leak that is most likely happening.. Always get the same "Exception" code:

Faulting application name: TheDivision2.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x605991a7
    Faulting module name: TheDivision2.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x605991a7
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000035f3c4
    Faulting process id: 0x1ea0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c59be2563232
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    Report Id: 1d75b5ab-ed01-4647-9df9-782f89a8126b
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

The thing that REALLY pisses me off, is that it's started to effect my machine. Usually 2-4 hours after not playing after this type of crash, I get a Windows freeze followed by a kernel error if the EV can pick anything up. The reason I know this is related to the Division 2; this has happened only after I started replaying the game. Both my desktop and PC never had any crashes like this before and I could leave games running all the time without issue. After reinstalling D2 on my desktop and laptop, BOTH systems are getting these errors.

Get. on. the. phone. with. your. EAC. people. and. figure. out. these. issues. Kernel errors only coming up when loading an online "PvP" game that uses EAC, but not happening after I pay any other game seems a bit coincidental. I'd hate to stop having to play this game again, but I'd rather play Hello Kitty Island Adventure than have to play a game that causes CtD and then PC freezes after every CtD. This game isn't THAT fun.

These crashes seem to get worse as we get more and more into the Re-Season..

/rant

• Habugii
    23 posts

@rogdodge

Good job 👍

Same Exception code and even same Fault offset..🙄

"Get. on. the. phone. with. your. EAC. people. and. figure. out. these. issues. Kernel errors only coming up when loading an online "PvP" game that uses EAC, but not happening after I pay any other game seems a bit coincidental. I'd hate to stop having to play this game again, but I'd rather play Hello Kitty Island Adventure than have to play a game that causes CtD and then PC freezes after every CtD. This game isn't THAT fun."

Go to services.msc and look for EAC, set it to manual.., also (with for example CCleaner) set EAC NOT to start with Windows.

I hope it helps..!

• RogDodge
    3 posts

@habugii

I've actually followed your steps from:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/113867/two-weeks-of-investigating-the-ctd-issue-results-and-facts?lang=en-US

and so far so good although I didn't realize my settings didn't save when I restarted, so crashed again and then had a Windows restart, but I'm going to set the EAC to No and see what happens next.

Thanks!

• Vykyng666
    65 posts

@relentless987 It takes a few seconds to load from character screen to game on my SSD but to get from clicking on a desktop shortcut to character screen - it takes FOREVER.

• NeonSword2003
    1 posts

@adrian-11 same issue i have right now... i played this game almost everyday and its randomly freeze and i check the status in the task manager it is on the suspended state.

• Vykyng666
    65 posts

@habugii Unfortunately your suggestions made crashes for me even more frequent.
    It is like the further into the game I am the more crashes I get.
    I am level 16 and 20 hours into the game and I can assure you that for the first 10 hours or so of my gameplay I had no crashes.
    Now it is more often than not - a few minutes of gameplay and... freeze. "Suspended" In Taskbar Manager every time.
    Such a shame. I really love the gameplay.

• Vykyng666
    65 posts

@habugii Unfortunately your suggestions made crashes for me even more frequent.
    It is like the further into the game I am the more crashes I get.
    I am level 16 and 20 hours into the game and I can assure you that for the first 10 hours or so of my gameplay I had no crashes.
    Now it is more often than not - a few minutes of gameplay and... freeze. "Suspended" In Taskbar Manager every time.
    Such a shame. I really love the gameplay.

Do you guys know when was the last time someone from Ubisoft addressed the issue on the forum?

• relentless987
    20 posts

@vykyng666 same here. It's fast enough when loading my character but it takes forever for the game to actually start.

BTW my game just crashed. I can't go a day without having the game crash lmao

• relentless987
    20 posts

@relentless987

Just crashed again

Fix your [censored] game Ubisoft

• WimpMiester
    15 posts

@wimpmiester

Froze then dropped to desktop today. So it isn't Discord. I guess it's just random because it ran fine for about a week.

• BurtMack1in
    9 posts

I've spent over two weeks troubleshooting with tech support trying all the following:

• No overlocking on the CPU
    • All GPU and sound drivers are up to date
    • I've cycled from Ultra down to Low settings on both 1080p @ 60Hz, 1440 @ 60Hz and 1440 @ 75Hz - in both DirectX11 and DirectX12 - I get 70-75 fps at 1440 on Ultra settings on DirectX12
    • I've used 2 monitors but get crashes with only one plugged in as well
    • I have no non-Microsoft services running
    • I have no startup items enabled
    • I'm running a 7600K i5 at 3.8Ghz, 16 GB RAM, RTX2080 Super FTW3 8GB - I far exceed the system requirements
    • The Ubisoft Connect client and Division 2 installation are on the same drive as the Operating System
    • It even persisted on a clean installation of Windows after formatting the hard drives and reinstalling all current drivers

I downloaded the game to my older, much weaker laptop and left it running on my desk without issue for hours. I was even getting random sluggishness and soft freezes on my desktop, which is absurd with my PC specs. Then I remembered I had problems with Modern Warfare crashing and freezing when it first came out and it was due to my Realtek audio driver being out of date.

This time around my audio driver was up to date, but I got the idea to roll it back to an earlier version. I WAS running Realtek audio driver version 6.0.1.8302 (released 2020) but I rolled it back to 6.0.1.8186 (released 2017); I've put about 4 hours of playtime into the game, even left it running while I alt tabbed out and watched movies or went AFK with no issue. I haven't had a crash yet *knock on wood* - give it a shot my dudes

• echolecter
    276 posts

@habugii

I am not suggesting that users should find work-arounds but reading the threads here you can see that many do, including yourself and present hints and tip that don't work. Since my hardcore character nearly got killed to today due to a crash I went into Event Viewer myself and the problem (on my system at least) is EAC. Most likely MS Windows has further restricted/improved security on memory access to block malicious software, which is a good thing. But now causes the EAC application to crash (question is why) which triggers TD2 to suspend all processes, and it freezes.

There is nobody (us players) that fix can this except Ubisoft and creators of EAC themselves. They need to change their code so this doesn't happen anymore. Every 5 minutes (on average 300000ms) some process tries to read specific data and isn't allowed to do so anymore. That is causing the game to stop working, or better said, causing the suspended state. This is why you don't see any error messages because no actual errors occur in the game, it is designed to work this way.

• echolecter
    276 posts

There is nothing players can do about the game crashing, or stopping to respond and switch to idle. As posted in another thread,

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110725/the-division-2-keeps-crashing-on-pc/115?lang=en-US

Suggested Topics