Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

@nifol I know one person who got fed up of crashes on Windows 10 and tried Windows 11 and he said the crashes were still present. This is a Massive issue to fix. None of the workarounds worked for him and myself.

• Dreik_FR
    1 posts

All red crosses are because of the divisions 2 !

Description:

Nom de l’application défaillante TheDivision2.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605991a7
    Nom du module défaillant : TheDivision2.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605991a7
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000035f3c4
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x332c
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7d18911d9258e
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Program Files (x86)\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\Program Files (x86)\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    ID de rapport : f81624eb-e264-4750-8eda-e41aadb0c258

My Spec: B450 Tomahawk Max . Ryzen 7 3700x . RAM : 32Go DDR4 @3000Mhz . RTX 3080 Ti. Drivers 496.49.

• davidhines1
    19 posts

@ubi-lucipus its probably unrelated to this crash but i had a very hard to track down bug a few months ago on Fifa 21. for some reason it was freezing, then the game went into a window and began stuttering badly. these were my symptoms.

when i investigated i found out that Desktop Windows Manager had crashed, and the game had gone windowed when it restarted and was running on the cpu integrated intel uhd graphics, not the gtx 1050

further investigation i found that it was because i had just bought a new controller, an xbox one s controller. the crash was caused because the controller comes out of the box with an old version of firmware. i had to download the xbox accessories app from microsoft store and update the controller firmware using it, and that fixed the crashing entirely. i have no idea why a game controller should need access to the desktop windows manager to make it crash but it was incredibly hard to track down the correct cause of the problem, which i could reproduce before the controller update every single time.

i would suggest adding this troubleshooting step to your list 'Ensure xbox controllers do not need update on pc, by checking with xbox accessories app' or something similar. it wont help with this problem probably, but could be useful in future for other issues.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1405 posts

Hey folks! At this time this issue is still being looked into.

Please ensure that you have submitted your system files to us via the links provided above.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Viral

@pakarmy1337 Sorry to hear that this is also happening to you. Have you tried the steps that Ubi-Milky linked above?

Official Response
  • hralex1951
    62 posts

I don't know if this is a universal fix, but, yesterday, I did a DNS cache flush and I played about 4 hours without freezing. It's worth a try at least. The command in command prompt is ipconfig/flushdns

Doesn't work, froze today after 10 minutes. It only happens in match making for me so it is a server ans net code issue. It isn't going to be fixed because it probably can't be. Something happened after a recent update. It is just something you have to accept if you play coop.

• HaywardGG
    87 posts

@davidhines1 I use keyboard and mouse. (just to clarify for the troubleshooting team)

• Manimal666
    5 posts

I'm having the same issue also, tried all the suggestions and still no luck. It can crash every few minutes and other times I can play for an hour or more before it crashes. I've played Div 2 for a long time now but this has only been happening in recent months and it's getting to the point that i don't want play it any more because i know I'll just get frustrated with it. I would really hope this is fixed, along with the graphical bug (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99978/graphics-glitch/19?lang=en-US), prior to the new content being deployed. Fix the existing issues before making new content otherwise people are not going to buy the new content if they can't play it reliably.

• Ubi-Viral

Hi everyone,

We understand that you have all been experiencing frequent crashes. @Habugii Thank you for your in-depth post this is greatly appreciated as it give a good indication of what you have done so far.

We would like to look into this in more detail with each of you on a 1 to 1 basis. Please contact us via a support ticket here.

Alternatively, feel free to reach out to us via live chat or Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you.

I have also gone ahead and merged threads to make it easier to communicate with you all.

Official Response
  • HaywardGG
    87 posts

@ubi-viral at this point I feel like I'm going round in circles and that you are just buying time. Many in these threads have already opened tickets, sent in diag reports etc.. How many more people need to complain about the same exact issue before you accept this is a genuine bug with your software (with this particular build). I've personally tried all the workarounds yourselves and the others have mentioned, my game still hangs. I even installed it on my old gaming laptop and same issue there. I've lost all my clan members because of it, seriously nobody in my clan or personal friend list want to play it any more due to the constant freezing and crashing.

Edit: No other games on my gaming rig crash or hang. I even play VR titles that use way more resources than this game and they don't freeze or crash either. Farting around with my gaming PC settings just to accommodate one game is like throwing away all my clothes because one t-shirt has a hole in it..

• Habugii
    23 posts

@ubi-viral

"We would like to look into this in more detail with each of you on a 1 to 1 basis. Please contact us via a support ticket here."

NO. No way.

I told you im NOT dancing anymore.

"Thank you for your in-depth post.."

Please dont, dont say thank you!
    I've done all this bcoz i thought all these test and "debug" will help me play this game without CTD's, and when i realized all those nights and hours spent for nothing, i decided to post here everything i've experienced to help OTHER PLAYERS, not YOU Ubisoft and especially NOT Massive.., to save THEM time and frustration.
    To let them know dont walk through the same road i did, not even a single step because its pointless and waste of time.

Try to estimate how many hours we wasted only bcos your colleges at Massive doesnt give a flying**ck to the issue months ago.
    You know what was their message from the first moment to the community?! "**** you all, we dont care..!" Its crystal clear, thats why i still have to talk about it with you, meanwhile i still read in other threads you still requesting data from the players, jesus christ.

Actually.., if i see a Ubisoft or Massive logo somewhere, i have to vomit, this is what both of you have succesfully achieved.

Sooo use my results or not, i dont care, but leave me alone and the rest of the player base.

• relentless987
    20 posts

lol how many times must we tell ubisoft their game The division 2 has a severe crashing problem? This thread alone is 14 pages long plus every day someone posts here asking for help because their game crashes out of the blue. Massive and Ubisoft should focus on making their game stable before talking about releasing new content.

• GrannyMist
    2 posts

I was going to send this as a support ticket, but since e-mail based support tickets have temporarily been shut down and only live chat is available, i am going to post this here. Excuse the formal nature of the post. Again, it was intended as a support ticket:
    ------
    I am currently experiencing random (yes, they really are random, i have checked) game freezes which result in a game crash. 
    Examining the issue using windows event viewer and windows diagnostic data viewer, has revealed that in all 7 cases this issue has occurred, ALL of these "freezecrashes" have been identified as a "0xc0000005" exception code, which on windows indicates a memory access violation.
    Now, i am aware that this might be a hardware fault, however the following leads me to suspect otherwise.

You see: all of the aforementioned 7 app crashes share only 2 unique exception offset addresses. Those being either fault offset address "0x000000000035f3c4" or "0x00000000004df7e4".

Entering the first hexadecimal address into google, leads to only 3 links. ALL of them concern "TheDivision2.exe" crashing due to a memory access violation.
    Entering the second hex address into google, leads to only 2 links. Also, ALL of them concerning The Division 2 crashing due to memory access violation.

Therefore, although i am still considering the possibility of this being something on my end, i also strongly believe this to be a problem within the games code.
    ------

So tl;dr: There probably is something within the game code that tries to access memory that doesn't exist..
    If anybody wants to check if this is the cause for their game crash, open "Event Viewer" -> "Windows Logs" -> "Application" and look out for error events with source "Application Error" and an "Event ID" of 1000. If it says "Faulting application name: TheDivision2.exe" and "Exception code: 0xc0000005" under the "General" tab, it's this issue.

Edit: Please reply to this if you are facing the same 0xc0000005 exception. I would love to know how wide spread this is.

• GrannyMist
    2 posts

@pakarmy1337 Can you check "event viewer" -> "Windows logs" -> "application" for any "Error" level events with a "source" of "Application Error" and a "Event ID" of "1000". Click on it and check if it looks anything like this:

If the exception code is 0xc0000005 and the Fault offset is either 0x000000000035f3c4 or 0x00000000004df7e4, you are in the same boat as about another thousand people and ubi doesn't really seem all too concerned with it.
    It's not your PC, you can't do anything to troubleshoot this. Not even ubi-nacho's brilliant troubleshooting guide won't do much against a memory access violation like this.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@ubi-viral

On a 1-by-1 basis?! You guys high on hard stuff???
    It's the same problem for almost everyone here reporting CTD!
    Wow, just wow... As others said, this is the latest attempt to buy time (for what?) or to quiet down the issue. If you want to kill the game, just come out and say it / do it. Why slowly and painfully?

I had money earmarked to buy AC Valhalla and FC6... Not gonna happen.
    I wish I could refund all the games I have from you, and forget you exist.

• GT.Hades
    1 posts

@ubi-viral This game is almost 3 years old, pls dont just "look" and "investigate it " because im pretty sure everyone experincing this lready submitted their tickets with no luck and hence resorting them to use third party or unofficial fixes (messing with os)

Its disgusting to see this reply over and over again

• CynbeasT
    1 posts

Waiting for actual Fix for Crash/Freeze problems

i don't care next content update right now..

PLS FIX THE DAMN CRASH PROBLEMS.

Thanks.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    63 posts

Guys...the problem is probably not comming from the game. Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay in the menue...this fixes the crashes after last update of this great programm for me. It doesnt look that they reverb this update back to the previous working overlay at the moment.

• Habugii
    23 posts

@mr-t-magnum

Oh yes, because this is the only one option of the long list of solutions that 99% of us didnt try in the first place weeks ago after the first 10-20 CTD's. Good job, please imagine my warmest hug next time you crash to desktop with "rainbow" connect overlay disabled. 😀

• HaywardGG
    87 posts

I have noticed also that over the past couple of months ALL my favourite Twitch streamers have stopped playing Division 2, even the ones that specifically set up Twitch to stream that game. It's mostly just Console streamers on Div2 in Twitch now. Until this recent update I could log into Twitch any time of day and watch one of my favourite PC streamers playing Div2 , but not any more. You can pretend this is an isolated issue affecting only a small group of players, but the truth is there's probably hundreds more who just don't care enough to get on here and complain about it. They're probably off playing a competitors game instead, nice job 😉

Suggested Topics