Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1289 posts

Hey everyone!

If you are still experiencing crashing issues we ask that you please try the steps here.

Additionally, some users have reported that disabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay has helped with crashing:

To disable the Ubisoft Connect in-game overlay: Open the three-line menu in the top left corner of your screen. Select Settings. Under the General tab, uncheck Enable in-game overlay for supported games.

If these do not work please send us your system files.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    798 posts

@ubi-viral

I'm confused now... there was someone else from the Ubi side that said in another post that you have enough system files to work with and figure out the issue...

• Mr.T.Magnum
    62 posts

@adrian-11 I'm sorry to read from you...but as I mentioned before I don't have crashes since deactivate the overlay (most settings in game on max except DOF/Lens Flare/Chromatic Aberation/Vignette/Vsync off in game-in Driver fast; Win7 64bit/ 16Gb RAM/ 2080Super/ 457.30 Driver/ Paging File 12GB).

• AgentMikel
    77 posts

@adrian-11
    Well... today I reinstalled the game... Yup.... In the first second after entering the game... it freezes.... 🙄 Uninstall... 😐

• Frank_Drebbin
    3 posts

This worked for me..

Additionally, some users have reported that disabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay has helped with crashing:To disable the Ubisoft Connect in-game overlay: Open the three-line menu in the top left corner of your screen. Select Settings. Under the General tab, uncheck Enable in-game overlay for supported games.

• Jimmy_DA
    31 posts

Hello,

Has anyone investigate the memory leaks connection with Resizable bar / SAM bar?

I recall somewhere on the Division 2 forums someone discovered a link with the freezes / crashing to having BAR / SAM enabled. Which given the technologies release, at the time of AMD's 6000 series late December 2020 / early Jan 2021, the issues seem to coincide and get worse. Which I can pertain to the likelihood of motherboard manufacturers enabling the technology via firmware updates.

• Frank_Drebbin
    3 posts

This worked for me..

Additionally, some users have reported that disabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay has helped with crashing:To disable the Ubisoft Connect in-game overlay: Open the three-line menu in the top left corner of your screen. Select Settings. Under the General tab, uncheck Enable in-game overlay for supported games.

• Jimmy_DA
    31 posts
    @ubi-mushy Good to hear Massive is working on a permanent fix. Can you tell us anything about what the cause is related to?

About error messages we don't get any, that's the thing. Game just freezes randomly on the last frame and 15-20 seconds later client closes silently. If you peek in the task manager before it closes it says "Not responding" if DX11 and "Suspended" if DX12 (my experience).

They have apparently been "working" on a fix for months... This just keeps cycling as the Community Managers give up and cycle back through. Smoke screen response on behalf of Ubisoft - 'Hey we have a community manager, sic who will give up and be replaced, who will listen to your issues and pass these onto the "(imaginary) development team" who will file your issue with the upmost priority (trash it). The cycle then continues to repeat as community managers cycle in and out

• relentless987
    20 posts

@jimmy_da

Absolutely pathetic, the game keeps crashing for no [censored] reason. Just crashed 2 times today. For an MMORPG this game surely is a dying, unstable mess of a game.

• Habugii
    23 posts

@frank_drebbin

Let me quess, you successfully played through a whole night without CTD, so you think you find a solution.
    99.9% of us already tried this (and other overlays) in the first place, months ago.
    You will crash even without Ubi & other overlays, its only matter of time. There are worst and better days, thats all...

• HaywardGG
    84 posts
    This worked for me..

This does not work for me. Along with all the other sudo-fixes!

• HaywardGG
    84 posts
    This worked for me..

This does not work for me. You can play for hours without it crashing, then some days it will crash every 15-30 minutes .. This is a bug with the game, not your system or the overlay!

• H0PE_Zer0
    8 posts

To be fair, last few times I've played the game, since the weekend, I had zero freezes.
    However one thing I was a bit lazy to investigate to be honest, is the terrible shadows that flickering and low quality and stuff. The freezes might be related to some engine issue, that is also related to the shadow engine being bugged.

I have these very weird bugged shadows since day one. I was always reluctant to look for a fix since I do remember we had similar issues in Div 1 So I thought ok they might fix it later.
    Year two and my shadows still look ugly. I'll post update later form home this evening (if I won't be too tired and lazy, lot of work these days, end of year rush and all :D).

But my first big wish for Santa Claus this year that Division 2 Shadows would be fixed and look proper.

I'll post screenshots... And I have a gut feeling it is related to the engine issue and engine freezing with GPU related problems.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@h0pe_zer0

No problems with the shadows here, yet crashing.
    BTW, not sure what the "server maintenance" did, but the crashes frequency is up again... or perhaps related to the increased number of active players... to hell with it, I don't care what it is.

• H0PE_Zer0
    8 posts
    BTW, not sure what the "server maintenance" did, but the crashes frequency is up again... or perhaps related to the increased number of active players... to hell with it, I don't care what it is.

;(

• echolecter
    116 posts

Just started the game, spawn in at White House, turn camera 90 degrees and game freezes. Total playing time about 2 seconds. Restart game, this time no crash when spinning camera. Heading out past clan quarters, one step through the door, game freezes again. Total playing time less than a minute. Restart the game (loading takes forever by the way), don't even make it into game, Delta-5 error. Then need to login again, this is the 4th time within 12 minutes.

This game has turned into a loading screen simulator and I just can't believe that this is still happening. What do PC players need to do to escalate this problem and force development to get of their lazy butts and resolve this issue once and for all. First crash appeared shortly after TU12 and before that I haven't had a single issue, not even Delta errors. Since the update or introduction of Connect this game has some serious performance issues and overall loading times at login have increased dramatically.

It's beyond belief that people who are paying 60-120 Euros for a game can only enjoy playing it for roughly 2 years and then see the service deteriorate and it eventually becomes so bad you can't play the game anymore without running into all kinds of problems. Note, that a lot of these issues didn't exist when they purchased the game.

• TK105
    31 posts

That's right. very. He said good things.
    Everyone on the UBI support team. Be sure to tell the Massive programming engineer to do it.
    Massive won't act unless you say it over and over again.

• HaywardGG
    84 posts

Why aren't the devs acknowledging this? Oh yeah, they don't care.

• Manimal666
    5 posts

@paulpc_ro Yeah, i lost my HC character because of the issues which has made me reluctant to try HC again.

• Frank_Drebbin
    3 posts

@habugii
    Try to help some guys and all I get is abuse..💣

Suggested Topics