Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HaywardGG
    84 posts
    Hey there guys,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The team are looking into these crashing reports, of which I've passed your details on.

In the meantime, may we please know if you've attempted any troubleshooting steps since encountering these crashing instances and if any have resulted in any changes?

Thank you!

Speaking for myself personally, I have tried every single step, from rolling back graphics drivers to even re-installing the game on a completely separate freshly installed Windows 10 spare gaming laptop. The game freezes on both laptops, both gaming laptops, different models with different hardware but equally powerful laptops all the same. No other game freezes or crashes, not even games that I'm running with DX12 (which is notorious for causing crashes) and yes I've tried your game with DX11 and all the other graphics tweaks you and the community have suggested.

Your reply honestly makes me feel like you're still trying to imply the issue is on our end and not with your game code. I've watched friends drop the game because of the bug (all my friends have stopped playing) and I've watched Twitch streamers (dozens of them) stop streaming the game because of the freezing and crashing. The only streamers I watch now are the console players and a few hardcore PC players who don't care about the freezing, they just sigh and restart the game lol..

This is turning into a meme now and I'm pretty confident you either know what the issue is but for logistic/financial reasons can't/won't fix it, or you are genuinely not looking hard enough!

Edit: We shouldn't be having to tweak our gaming computers to work with just your game, you should be fixing your game to work on our computers (there are enough complaints from players now to know for sure that this isn't an isolated incident affecting just a few players). Messing around with our system settings just to get one game working is crazy. Especially the workarounds that suggest running the game as Administrator etc. I mean seriously, why?

• Alchalide
    11 posts

@haywardgb I agree, I asked for some clarity about the issue and when it will be solved. Would be way less [censored] if they at least made pinned comment where they acknowledge the problem and give us updates.

• Kuromakur0
    7 posts

@habugii wait..wut? how come the thread starter got blocked?? Ubisoft did a great job with Ghost Recon. I love that game. The Division 1 was hmm, let say I didn't enjoy it much. Decided to try TD2, at first, I wasn't enjoying it much but as I progressing a bit, somehow I enjoyed it. Until this [censored] crashessssssss. Come on Ubisoft, just fix the damn game.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    75 posts

@ubi-lucipus its worst now. I crash 3 to 4 times in the little amount I play a day. Just fix this thing now before the next dlc they say its coming. its just bad and annoying cause missions here last longer then the time its not crashing.

• Saqiw
    9 posts

I crash all the time now, UBISOFT just dont care, like always, nothing new about that

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

So, I've stopped playing... I will give it another try when the season is over, maybe.
    Season's end seems to be the last hope for CTD to be "fixed". We all know by now how the issue was reintroduced, the fact that they don't really do anything about, and perhaps hoping that once the season is over and roll in the old pre seasons reruns "official" version the problem will go away (wondering if they will have the nerve to present it as "see, we fixed it").

In the meantime, I wish UBI that your entire C-suite of clueless sycophants will be fired asap (yeah, we can dream). 💩

Adios!

PS. I still didn't buy ACV or FC6, looks like it will never happen. 👎

• HaywardGG
    84 posts

At this point I'm starting to wonder if we're not all just being trolled by Ubisoft.

I bet they'd shift gears if this was affecting their sales! Shame we all already bought the game though lol

• RizecekCZE
    9 posts

Did anyone try to turn off MSI Afterburner?
    Furt people say it does that program, but I use that program to capture fps in games and system temperatures.
    And there is no problem with that in any other game. Only in this [censored].

• HaywardGG
    84 posts
    Did anyone try to turn off MSI Afterburner?
    Furt people say it does that program, but I use that program to capture fps in games and system temperatures.
    And there is no problem with that in any other game. Only in this [censored].

It's the game, nothing you do will make any difference. They need to fix the game. Don't touch your system, it's working fine 🙂

I don't even have MSI Afterburner and my game freezes. It's the game!

• Kuromakur0
    7 posts

@rizecekcze I don't even have Afterburner installed. It is just pure luck on our end. Today I managed to play 3 hours without crash. The next thing you know, the game gonna crash in 10 mins. So damn frustrating.

I never even posted on any discussion thread regarding a game but this [censored] is just too much.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for posting about these crash to desktop issues you have experienced.

We are continuing to monitor this for our investigation and add the names of players affected to our report. As always, we will ask players to run through our technical troubleshooting guides given previously in this thread first, to rule out any possible causes.

If you have tried all of our troubleshooting and still continue to experience crashes to your desktop on PC, could you please send us your DXDIAG files for our investigation, as we are trying to gather as many as possible from players affected to help us notice any patterns?

This guide will show you how to generate a Dxdiag > https://ubi.li/msrxL
    You can send us your Dxdiag file here > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

Please let us know that you are experiencing a 'frequent crash to desktop in The Division 2' when you send us your file and let us know what troubleshooting you performed.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

Hello @haywardgb thank you for getting back to us regarding these crash to desktop issues. As you may have seen me post in other threads, we are still investigating this issue, we have reached out to players for fresh Dxdiag files for this investigation.

You are welcome to send yours to us via this link > https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

I apologize this issue is still ongoing and affecting a few of our players. We continue to monitor our QA teams investigation and to check for updates. We understand this is our Division players main concern at the moment in our forums, and we are hoping we can resolve this soon too. We will do our best to update you should any developments be made.

Official Response
  • Habugii
    23 posts

@ubi-milky

DX-diag huh ?!
    Now this is your new favorite isnt it? 😂

What happend with your beloved troubleshoot spamming? I miss it very much!

Let me copy-paste here something for you, it went to viral but you just deserved as well.

I would gladly link you the thread i made weeks ago to read it, why you shouldnt ask stupid and pointless things from the players, but the thing is, another clown of yours did merge it into another, so its a bloody mess now.

Clap-clap 👏

• RizecekCZE
    9 posts

@ubi-milky
    List the files you wanted for me before. Then the game started working. That's your only answer to everything.
    You are a developer, so you should know what the [censored] one was there when the game worked fine and not that we will install a program on my PC to write out the errors, where you will still sweep it under the rug.
    If you have anything to do, you take the whole game and somehow dig it all over into better optimization, let DLSS or something add it, but nothing.
    Forever you write tips here: Turn off the msi afterburner, turn off the program on the mouse, keyboard, turn off this.
    I recommend what you should turn on: BRAIN

I really don't like this anymore. You sit down for a few hours a week and you can't even play. Despite the fact that there will be an update with the season, which is for 3 months. The game has not been used since then.

• Ubi-Milky

Hello haywardgb thanks for sharing what troubleshooting you have tried with us and I apologize for any frustration this crash to desktop issue has caused you.

The reason we ask all players who are experiencing this issue, to perform some technical troubleshooting and provide guides to do this, is so we can determine where the issue may be coming from and to look for any patterns.

Is the issue created by a corrupted game file, or performing a certain set of actions in the game?
    Is it related to using certain settings in the game?
    Is it related to a piece of hardware, a certain driver, or an update the player is using?
    Is it related to certain software that is installed or running in the background?
    Is it related to the game launcher?
    Is the issue caused by a connection or a certain server?

Not all players who experience the issue will have the exact same cause as mentioned above, which is why we need to perform troubleshooting and look at system files to get a clearer picture and rule a few things out as part of our investigations. 

We will continue to pass on any information players can give us and gather system files from players to aid our ongoing investigations into crash to desktop after the update.

Official Response
  • Kuromakur0
    7 posts

@ubi-milky
    Look, I know you guys are probably the first level support for ubisoft. You guys probably do not know in-depth (or know nothing about PC) as compared to the actual dev of this game. Okay, fine. It is pointless to be mad at you since nothing you could do other than answer to those queries based on what was instructed or as per manual provided. I get it.

All those people who complained here already tried all the troubleshooting you guys already mentioned many many many times before this. Heck, this problem already prolonged so much to the extend of many players have pretty much gave up on this game. We got the same goddamn error codes. Console players seems not really affected by this. That alone should give a hint about this. Players who experienced the same issue might vary. Some are playing on a couple years old PC, some of them are playing on a newly build/bought PC. Some of them went to extra length, reinstalling the game, the OS itself just to have the game run without any problem, yet here we are.

Players who already scoured to the internet searching for possible workaround for this issue. But nothing works. Just nothing works. I'll play your game this time. First an foremost, the players should have no need to tinker with many settings as per workaround steps given(which mostly were from players) as the game should run like a normal game. Even with those so-called workarounds, we still crashed on random(3hrs, 30 mins, 10 mins..). Just pure luck.

• HaywardGG
    84 posts

@ubi-milky as an IT support professional and network admin for more than 25 years let me assure you that I'm not an idiot. Every time you ask me to do something like this, is like one of my own colleagues asking me if "I've turned it off and on again". It's just lazy and proves to me with no doubt that you aren't even trying to figure this out. If I took this long to fix bugs and errors in my line of work I'd have been sacked months ago. Hell, I'd sack me if I was this bad!

You're useless and I'm done with your BS! You absolute money grabbing trolls!

Edit:

Is the issue created by a corrupted game file, or performing a certain set of actions in the game?
    System files verified and checked multiple times, no errors. Random , game crashes randomly.

You know it isn't. No matter what I set, DX11, DX12, Low settings, High settings, feature off, feature on.. etc..

Is it related to a piece of hardware, a certain driver, or an update the player is using?
    No. I've got 2 gaming laptops, different models and both have the same issue with your game.

Is it related to certain software that is installed or running in the background?
    No. I've disabled all non-essential background processes, disabled overlay, etc.. does nothing to fix the issue..
    Wait, yes. Your game, I think it's related to your game running, period.

No. I've bypassed the launcher, running the game.exe directly. Even as admin (though only to test my theory, nobody should run as admin)!

You tell me. We aren't all using the same internet connection nor are we all connecting to the same regional servers.

Don't take my word for it, here's a random Twitch Streamer experiencing the same issue (his 3rd crash in less than an hour)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticAbrasiveBaguetteBrainSlug-peN18SNpOthb4UWN

• HaywardGG
    84 posts

@kuromakur0 They must think we're naive for sure. You said it all very well and calmly, much calmer than I feel right now haha!

I've done all the workarounds, even gone the extra mile and installed the game on a second gaming laptop with a fresh install of Windows 10. The second laptop has different CPU, GPU, Memory etc, yet it still freezes with the exact same memory error. I'm playing with other PC players on Missions and Raids, every 2 minutes someone is disconnecting and when they come back same story "my game froze/crashed". The only regulars I see streaming this on Twitch now are the console players, all my usual PC streamers have either not logged in for weeks (or months) or are now streaming different games (even the ones that were previously ONLY division 2 streamers). One Twitch streamer even uninstalled the game and deleted her Twitch account because she was so frustrated with the constant crashing to desktop (she only streamed Division2 and she was brilliant, I loved her streams).

Non of my friends play this any more and this was one one of our favourite weekend WAN party games! We'd play this for a whole weekend straight, it was a blast.

I love this game, I really do. But right now, I'm starting to really hate everything about Ubisoft. They are useless, imho!

• echolecter
    116 posts

@Ubi-Milky

To answer some of your questions, I think the last two and game code itself are most likely the problem causing the crashing. When files are corrupted the error occurs immediately when accessed, translating to certain areas within the game, every time. But you can get the memory access error right at the start when spawned in, or it never happens during hours of game play. As many people use different settings I will rule out that one as well, and again it would cause the game to crash immediately within specific parts of the game. Hardware doesn't crash games and even if, people would experience a lot of problems with other applications as well, which none of us do. This also applies to other software or background processes, not everyone has the same applications installed on their system.

I mentioned this before (in seemingly merged threads) and will say it again, I think there is a threading issue going on. Since their execution plan is random in nature and also depending which core is handling them they might create memory issues when not used properly. If this is really the case then I can only suggest to put senior developers (with a ton of experience) on the case because once you have issues like this they are very hard, if not impossible to resolve. Unless you know exactly in which parts to start looking. But even then it's possible you will never find the root cause. If so, you will have to revert changes made in the past that could cause timing issues and do trail and error bug fixing. In any case I wouldn't like to be in your shoes trying to resolve this ... and if these issues remain in your next update it is doomed to fail as well.

Whether the issue is caused by implementation of TU12.x or Connect (back-office infrastructure) is unsure to me but that is when it all started to go wrong. And we also have a common issue because the error logged is always the same. So far I have only seen two variants in fault offset, which should give you an idea where to look. The faulting application is TheDivision2, and not some third-party service or program.

• RizecekCZE
    9 posts

@ubi-milky
    I tried to play the game at a high preset. In the background, turn off the programs that went. In nvidia control panel turn on Vsync.
    DX 11 is unplayable on RTX 3070.
    Dx 12 runs better, but it crashes.
    The game will drop in 15-30 minutes and sometimes in 2 hours without errors.

Suggested Topics