ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RAGE_THERAPY
    72 posts

@grumskull I made it 15 mins into my session today before the windowed freeze/crash to desktop with the app not responding. Killed it again in the Task Manager and moved on. Division 2 has to be the most unstable live-service game to date and years after release they can't seem to address whatever the core issue is.... be it the game engine, servers, or Ubisoft Connect.

Happy Holidays Agents.... thanks for the lump of coal Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment!

#Division2CrashFest

• Pethus
    5 posts

yo ubisoft you know if you [censored] off your customers by ignoring there issues with your product you lose customers. so try and follow this less customers means less MONEY!!! put that in caps to help you see this post. So if you want to know why [censored] hitting the fan for your company this is it right here. Now go forth ignore this warning and watch the floor fallout underneath you or you could try and earn the customers money instead of scamming them for it.

• Grumskull
    4 posts

@rage_therapy Yeah I´m getting same results as you now. It sucks. Super bad service from Ubi..

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

@ubi-lucipus Here's a video clearly showing my game freezing up on me, then after I get back into the game I discover that my team mate also just had his game crash (it's a bit long due to only clipping either side of the two crash incident and the wait for the game to restart) .. Then literally 1 minute after I'm back into the game, it freezes again.. I'm actually discouraging friends from buying this, even when it's on sale. You don't give a toss about this game or these issues..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1240737854

Edit: .. and yes, I created an overlay just for when the game crashes, because it crashes that often!

• GreetingManners
    1 posts

@ubi-lucipus This incident still happens to this day, I just played on the mission, and suddenly it became windowed with its black screen and it was quite difficult to close it through the task manager, because the game covered it. This has happened four times. Looks like I'll pause to play it until renewal really fixes it.

• Edd_96
    1 posts

The latest update did absolutely NOTHING to fix the crashes/freezes, except my game has simply gone from "suspended" to "not responding" in task manager which means my game still freezes. I can't believe I have to put up with this [censored] for almost a year it's almost to the point i'm gonna give it up entirely. Literally every single update has been a crash/freeze fest to me.

• XMdead
    144 posts

I might mention that things were "reasonably stable" in D1 and D2 recently (which is unusual)... until yesterday. Today starts the D1 Global Event and of course the crash party starts.

How can anybody even remotely think that the main element of this problem is on the client side when problems spike (for the same exact client) the moment that a Global Event starts? And this happens every time there is a GE.

Facepalm! (Or like James T Kirk used to say... "beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here")

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@xmdead

Yep, after so many months of issues, the only theories left are either some faulty communication between client and server with weak error handling, or plain and simple servers downgrade that can't handle the double hit of more players and more "transactions" triggered by the GE...
    Would they ever admit or tell us what the issue is? Probably not (if they know...).
    Will they ever fix it? Depends what's the long-term plan with the game... if there is any plan.
    So far, doesn't look good... the "fix" just moved the error from "suspended" to "not-responding", so it wasn't a fix of the real problem, but rather a try to address the symptoms.

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @xmdead

Would they ever admit or tell us what the issue is? Probably not (if they know...).
    Will they ever fix it? ...

I do still have hopes for a fix, mainly because the problem is widespread and happens on The Division, The Division 2, several other Ubi games (can't remember right now) and there are even "connection trouble" signs that occur almost every time you first launch Ubi Connect for the first time since booting.

In other words, it affects everything Ubi, even newer games. So they have a very strong reason to fix the issue "eventually" even though they are taking far too long. If they don't then people are going to start drifting away from Ubi games, no matter how fun they might otherwise be... nobody likes to spend money on games they know are going to be constantly crashing or where the vendor repeatedly shows lack of interest in bug fixing. This might not be the best time for it, but it should eventually happen if only from self-interest.

But I have to say... it is horrible today. The game is almost unplayable in the current condition. It quite ruins the whole point of GEs.

• H0PE_Zer0
    8 posts

@xmdead This issue probably comes down to some developer issue on the source code site. They use the same sources, different versions, "generic company" code for video drivers, engine, whatever.
    For this to be fixed, they need to raise / escalate on company level, and get some people on the coder's side to start debugging, fixing, eliminating from the source code.
    And this, usually not happening. Ever. Since decades. Can you guess what will be the next big thing the company will say about new games and engines?
    -We are glad to show you our NEW engine, COMPLETELY REWRITTEN FROM GROUND UP.
    hint: marketing [censored], they never do that, they just clean down the repositories to an extend...

This is how they bought over most of the bugs from Division 1 to Division 2.

And this is the reason I won't do programming. No money would worth the shtstorm of a job these crunching would bring for years and years... then they scrap your work -to an extend- and ask you to try and do from scratch (obviously you won't do that from scratch, thus you bringing your crap over and crunch more).

Can't wait for AI to start programming guys, I'm serious. We all need to be very fit and healthy! Then we might be able to still be alive to see the day, when all games will be written by AI and fixed by AI and handled by AI. Because that won't be happening for decades, people just won't give up their jobs right now for a while. But eventually, they cannot do anything else...
    That will be the real Gamer Paradise era. 🙂

• XMdead
    144 posts

@h0pe_zer0

I thoroughly disagree. What you describe is common in very bad development shops and individuals, shops only interested in making a quick buck. I will even concede that it is far more common in gaming.

But I have been a (business) developer for decades and every year my applications are more stable, easier to use and, bug resistant and even self healing than the year before.

And... I still love my job.

The real issue is laziness and cheapness. It is far more common among people today - in every industry - that it was years ago It even became a trend for millennials, to the extent that it formed into an injust stereotype, because there are some millennials that do very good work. Heck the problem became so common that people assume that garbage products are the norm and even defend those defective results with a passion.

If you want a fix, you have to be ready to skip cheap products and be willing to pay mor for "good" products. If you do that eventually the bad companies and players will go out of business.

• H0PE_Zer0
    8 posts

@xmdead I agree with you, there are people who do their job properly. And have similar experience with millennials. And the general lazyness.
    But Ubisoft and other big companies especially in game industry always able to pull off the lies about their new games and people keep buying them even though they are -at best- they are just like the earlier version. It is easier to pull off this shameful business practice because people don't care that much about their games if its not that high quality product. If it is their cars, or fridge or house, they would prob. complain more, buy better product (if they can afford of course). And the "going out of business" principle works on many industries. But we clearly see that Blizzard and Ubisoft are not the general examples. They definitely don't do a good job nowadays. Especially with the light of this insane amount of terrible business ethical issues. Still they will strive for decades to come unfortunately, UNLESS the game development industry will change drastically.
    Drastical change only comes from consumer demand. The vicious circle begins again... 😄

Back to the topic... I don't even say it just Ubisoft's issue, this might be driver+windows+ubisoft issue.
    I just hope they dust the game off and start updating/giving more content and then they MIGHT get into the issue of freezing.
    Yesterday I way playing Div2, with one game startup until the end, no freezez YAY! 😄

• XMdead
    144 posts

@h0pe_zer0 Crashing is very much a Ubisoft only/mostly issue, and it is limited to their games that offload processing to servers. I don't see it anywhere else.

• TunaNoCrust
    3 posts

Hey guys how seriously are you taking this that 6 months after this issue started appearing, it's still here?

I know this is a videogame and we're not talking about critical software that puts people in danger if not fixed or takes down entire businesses, but jesus christ hire me as a QA, even without having coded for 3 year I'm pretty sure I'll stack trace your goddamn bug, this is absurd.

• TunaNoCrust
    3 posts

Imagine if VMWare or MS had an issue that prevented you from using their software for 6 months.
    I can't even ask for a refund, their customer support system is such a convoluted piece of [censored].

• LocoAullador
    1 posts

Newcomer here. I purchased The Division 2 today at Epic Store and after playing for 3 hours, crashing started. Now I barely can play for 5 mins or so. I googled it and ended here looking for a fix.

The worst part is... I can't ask for a refund :S

• Bonelesschild
    6 posts

I just purchased Division 2 on Dec 26th. The first 3 days had only a few crashes/lag. Over the past 2 days, after hitting 40 and doing New York, I can't run more than 1 Heroic Random without horrible lag or crashing. I've tried everything suggested on forums. I see it's a major issue still, but after spending $30 and enjoying the first 35 hours of gameplay, the last 10 have been exhausting. I don't want to stop playing after a week....

I have a GTX2060 graphics card, so I would assume that is more than enough to handle the game, but it's obviously not our issue.

• Bonelesschild
    6 posts

@locoaullador I feel your pain. It is so disheartening.

• AgentMikel
    180 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • AgentMikel
    180 posts
    I purchased The Division 2 today at Epic Store and after playing for 3 hours, crashing started.

So the Epic Store version has got this crashes, too... 🙄
    And the game is still -70% thanks to the Holidays...

Suggested Topics