Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager Original poster 43 posts

Hello Agents,

We are investigating an ongoing issue where players may experience a crash to desktop on PC.

To help our investigation, it would help if system files, video/pictures, and steps taken before the crash are forwarded to the support team.

We consider this our top priority at the moment and appreciate your assistance as we continue to investigate.

[March 9th, 2021]

• We hoped to have resolved these issues with our March 9th Maintenance, however, this is still ongoing and so is our investigation into the issue.

[March 23rd, 2021]

• While separate from the above issue, we're aware that a recent update on PC is causing some players games to freeze and crash. For more information visit this thread.
    • Update: The game crashes after 23/03/2021 have been fixed, but we continue to investigate the original crash issue in this thread.

[June 29th, 2021]

• Our June Update (TU13) should have improved the crashes happening on PC and we have seen a reduction in the number of reports around this issue. However please do let us know if you continue to experience these crashes.

//The Division Team

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sfc.holland
    1 posts

@ubi-lucipus Since the June 29 update I am experiencing consistent crash to desktop issues. The game is currently unplayable and the crashes are happening in the first 30-90 seconds. The game is also resetting the video settings from full screen to windowed mode, if that helps. I do submit the automated crash report every time, which has been over a dozen so far. I gave up in frustration yesterday and have begun banging my head against the wall again this morning. I hope you guys find the bug successfully and thanks for an amazing game!

• grinchul
    1 posts

@ubi-lucipus dude, that's at least what you receive as a communication, right?

Our June Update (TU13) should have improved the crashes happening on PC and we have seen a reduction in the number of reports around this issue. However please do let us know if you continue to experience these crashes

Because I'm quite sure you didn't do any research if the reduction did happen, not you but the guys who had the audacity to create that statement. For more than 3 months I'm not able to play this game, nor other games, if you do a short search on these forums. It's not me, I really wanna spend money on this awesome games, and thank the people who worked so hard... but in the end, if you guys don't do anything, why should I continue buying, I'm sure there are other ways, right 😉

Again, looking at your statement, from March 9th, you have did literally nothing to help the community enjoy the things they spent money for. It's annoying and frustrating, as my other statement I'm one update closer from closing anything Ubisoft related, even if I enjoy some games

• NorthWolfe
    2 posts

@ubi-lucipus I'm used to crashes when it comes to UbiLauncher, or whatever it is called... You play an hour, do your thing, disconnect from the game, go out, have fun, rinse and repeat... I'm fine with that.
    Now, what's been happening since Season 6 started is unacceptable. Six "Delta 3" to do an outpost? Unable to do any mission due to pixellating, flashing colours, which, eventually, lead to another Delta 3.
    The game is unplayable... Worse, in almost every "new"/repeated season, the game has had various serious issues on PC. It's REPEATED CONTENT, how hard can it be?
    The Division 2 is the only game I'm interested in and, from what I saw at Ubisoft's "event" (one of the worst events I have ever had the displeasure to see) it is the only game I'll be interested in the foreseeable future.
    I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling this useless Ubilauncher and never playing another Ubisoft game again. I could care less about the money, but wasting my time? And then this?
    Ubisoft has a launcher with half a dozen games on it, plenty of empty space, at least have a section in that launcher informing people of the issues and how they can easily give feedback, instead of jumping from page to page, or having to "stress test" all their hardware to be sure they are not at fault. Is that asking for too much?
    Sorry for the rant, I know it's not your fault, you just work for these incompetent baboons,
    Cheers.

• MPS93
    1 posts

I have just stated the main campaign and liked it a lot. But unfortunately, the game started crashing out of the blue, without any apparent reason.
    It always happens in about 20 minutes after i launch the game. Can't even complete a single mission!
    It's no secret that Ubisoft games, in general, have common issues regarding crashes that quit the application for no reason. But this one, freezes eveything. Even Windows! Cant even open the app manager to force exitting the game. The only thing i can do is to reboot system over and over eveytime it happens. Its sooo frustrating!
    As said by other players, the problem started after the last Connect update. I got crashes also on AC Valhalla, but this one allows me to exit and relaunch properly.
    Seems like TD1 is doing so much better than this. I was happy and didnt know...

• Jimmy_DA
    31 posts
    I have just stated the main campaign and liked it a lot. But unfortunately, the game started crashing out of the blue, without any apparent reason.
    It always happens in about 20 minutes after i launch the game. Can't even complete a single mission!
    It's no secret that Ubisoft games, in general, have common issues regarding crashes that quit the application for no reason. But this one, freezes eveything. Even Windows! Cant even open the app manager to force exitting the game. The only thing i can do is to reboot system over and over eveytime it happens. Its sooo frustrating!
    As said by other players, the problem started after the last Connect update. I got crashes also on AC Valhalla, but this one allows me to exit and relaunch properly.
    Seems like TD1 is doing so much better than this. I was happy and didnt know...

Happens to me too, has been for months!

MPS93 - a tip to not restart constantly when this happens: go into task manager, then select options and ensure always on top is ticked. Now when the Div2 crashes and you ctrl+alt+del you can force close the game

• MassiveVijayjay
    26 posts

[June 29th, 2021]Our June Update (TU13) should have improved the crashes happening on PC and we have seen a reduction in the number of reports around this issue. However please do let us know if you continue to experience these crashes.

Still experiencing crashes. Two just this morning.

• MassiveVijayjay
    26 posts

Sorry but the crashes are just to numerous today and for the past almost 4 months. What exactly did you do, ubi, to make the frequency of complaints from us become less? And don't say it was to revamp the forum and hide the thousands of prior comments on this issue.

• kreemkrackered
    3 posts

Ubisoft obviously haven't got a clue how to resolve the crashing issue, so their solution? revamp the site and use it as an excuse to remove the thousands of complaints about the crashing issues - absolutely laughable...

Ubisoft you are an absolute joke...

• groove200uk
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • NorthWolfe
    2 posts

Would it be possible for someone to fix this damn game?
    It's only getting worse and worse... 6 Delta 3s before the lobby of washington memorial???? Is this acceptable?
    Now, I don't even have time to crash out of my system, the Deltas have "solved" that problem.
    Also, weird graphics and huge pixelating before Delta 3 occurs, and all interactions with npcs, environment, and cashes is impossible, then another Delta 3.
    You made me have to stress test all my systems, play more demanding games than Division2, change three 2080Tis around just to make sure it wasn't anything on my end... I'm fed up with this "company".
    My legal department will be analysing the situation to see if a lawsuit is appropriate... You cannot have a program which is endangering your client's systems and which, more times than not, reboots their PCs endangering a power supply blowout.
    Who are the clowns running this company?
    At least have the decency to send your clients emails when you break the game and your launcher, one of the worse viruses I've ever had to face, decides to start rebooting systems. And this BS every single Season.

PS: Nothing against you Ubi-Lucipus, and I am sorry that you have to read things like this, however this is not only atrocious but dangerous to me and my kids who use this computer.
    My legal department will take care of things from now on,
    Sorry to put you thru this,
    Cheers.

• Warhead161
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Warhead161
    2 posts

hey its the game fixed or what,uninstall month ago,dont have time to play lottery with crashing issue and killing my hardware,where is the patch notes of TU13 ? i buy this game from release date,play without problem until february memory leak issue update,so still crash or what...5 months waiting you know,what happen to you ubisoft,stop use political agenda of american globalists pigs and fix your games !!! what the hell is that new forum,chaotic and unclear.

• RobertEmerald
    83 posts

@ubi-lucipus

LOL... The Division 2 has been a "DELTA" crashing clustermuck ever since it's release and has never been fixed. They should see what thet did right in order to play The Division 1 flawlessly and do the same for the Division 2, but that would be too simple. I quit playing this poorly developed game over a year ago and will never purchase another game made by Massive Entertainment and their incompetent team. The best I can suggest, is for you to tell them to invest in a good and functional server, or don't make the game for online only. Cutting corners with cheap servers and poor game optimization, will lead to failure everytime. If Massive Entertainment survives as a company, good for them, but if they fail, I won't lose any sleep over their demise. I hope that they put the money I gave them to good use, because they won't ever be getting one penny more from me. Have a great life!

• xXNrA_DeAdEnD
    1 posts

Good evening,

I instal The Division 2 today the first time.
    I started the game, than 10-15 sec after the first settings pops up about the brightness etc. the game crashed.
    I tried it 2 more times but now i cant even start the game anymore.
    Hope that helps u guys!

• madbombr633
    3 posts

Still crashes to desktop using overlay or not and dx11 or 12. No pattern sometimes I can play for an hour with no crashes, other times a few minutes in game. Once it even did it on the loading screen. This has been an issue for a while, I would think by now you would atleast know what's causing it. This strictly a gaming PC no other software such as office for example. I actively play 3-4 games and these do not have a problem only the Division 2. When it works its great but when it doesn't its frustrating. Nothing worse than running in a party to have the game crash at the end. I have also tried lowering the graphics to bare minimum, this did not work

• RAGE_THERAPY
    24 posts

@ubi-lucipus This title update has actually INCREASED the number of crash to desktop occurrences for me. Absolutely crazy that we're still dealing with this issue literally years after release.

• rhabola
    6 posts

I started getting intermittent crashes on The Division-1 game. Regardless of settings. After some investigation I noticed the crashes are more often when other apps are running concurrently. Shutting down everything else prolongs gaming but eventually the game crashes. In one of the test I did had the task manager active and noticed memory allocation gradually increased as the game processed. It might explain the crashes if memory leaks are involved but I cannot be certain

And why the ubisoft crash reporter no longer works? When game crashes, sometimes crash report card doesn't even show up. And when it shows up it can't submit the crash details and gives an error

Files are verified multiple times and to the best of my knowledge everything is up to date. I have not seen this problem with The Division-2 main game.

• Jackalito77
    1 posts

I'm so disappointed in Ubisoft right now. Such a waste of a great game that we cannot enjoy because they're incapable of fixing the myriad of bugs and constant crashes/CTDs this game suffers from.
    Let us know when you are working on fixing those crashes for real. In the meantime, I'm just uninstalling this hot garbage. And I won't be purchasing any new games from you in a while either. That's, ultimately, the only language you guys seem to understand.

• MassiveVijayjay
    26 posts

[censored] with ure cash seems to be the only thing u kids seem to understand undefined

Suggested Topics