Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BattleMaster23
    25 posts

@burtmack1in Yes I get these freeze/crashes as well and have been doing for a while now (months) - recently stopped playing this game because of them sadly. I do hope that a fix can be released. It is very surprising this issue has been happening for such a long time.
    I have said this before, but I suspect it is either memory leaks, server problems or the Easy Anti-Cheat. But all of which we cannot fix ourselves. I too have tried all kinds of things, including your list of diagnostic trials, but to end with yet another freeze crash. And it does seem random. Sometimes it will freeze after 10 minutes, other times after a few hours of play. This suggests more toward server problems, but that is just speculation.

Lets hope your information here helps the devs find a solution 🙂

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello everyone, if all of the troubleshooting suggested as not helped, please create a support ticket with our team with your Msinfo and Dxdiag files for our teams to be able to help investigate this further. Thank you greatly!

Official Response
  • UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

Hello, @BurtMack1in and @BattleMaster23. I am very sorry to hear that your game is freezing and crashing to the desktop and I appreciate all the steps you have tried and the information you have provided. I recommend reaching out to our support team with your Msinfo and Dxdiag files to be able to investigate this further for you. Please also share with them the steps you have already completed to ensure no steps are done multiple times. Thank you!

Official Response
  • BurtMack1in
    9 posts

@ubisushivamp I was under the assumption that's what I was doing by posting in the Player Support forums. How do I reach out to the support team?

• KraziAgent
    17 posts

@ubisushivamp THIS NEVER HELPS.. I went back to Division one BECASUE IT EVER CRASHES EVEN IN DX12 MODE THE PROBLEMS IS DIVISION 2 DUH!!!!

• KraziAgent
    17 posts

@burtmack1in Ubi has no idea whats casuing the Div2 crashes, i went back to div1 ciz i dx12 mode runs great on my 6800XT win 5800X cpu and never crashes it s Division2 has issues especially in dx12 and Massive/UBISOFT cant FIX IT! cuz THEIR WORKING ON DUMB AS HELL "Avatar Padpra oftommaroww" JUN and a DUMB STARTWARS GAMEE WHICH I COUOLD CARE LESS ABOUT!!! DIVISION GETS CRAPPEd ON with a bug PILE OF S**1T

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 114 posts

@BurtMack1in Whoops, sorry we didn't specify! You can create a case here.

@KraziAgent I'm sorry to hear you've encountered these issues as well. Have you already tried the steps mentioned in the original post? I've quoted those here for your convenience.

I've followed the steps from this guide - General PC Troubleshooting | Ubisoft Help :
    Exceeds system requirements
    Drivers are up to date
    Windows Updates are up to date
    Uninstalled and Reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributables
    Uninstalled and reinstalled client and came to be on the same SSD
    Set monitor's DPI to default and matched the current mode to native
    Verified game files
    Set Ubisoft Connect, Division 2, and Anti-Cheat software to run as administrator
    Cleared Windows temporary files
    Disabled non-Microsoft background applications and 'trail and errored' my way through them

I tried RCVIper047's method of verifying game files and launching as administrator detailed here:
    Division 2 crashes/freezes after Windows Updates? | Ubisoft Forums

I have also tried the steps from this guide - https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-the-division-2-crash-quickly-easily/amp/
    Running Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
    Modifying the paging file size
    Cycling through all graphics options from Low to Ultra

If so, I recommend also creating a ticket on our support site for further assistance.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 114 posts

Hi everyone, and thank you for the continued updates. I sincerely apologize for the lack of response thus far.

The development team is working on a more permanent fix for the crashing issue. In the meantime, we'd like to gather screenshots of any error messages you receive.

If you haven't already, we also recommend completing basic PC troubleshooting and verifying your files to clear up any possible conflicts. In the event that something else is causing the crashes on your particular system, those steps are much quicker than having to wait for an update to the game itself.

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • MassiveVijayjay
    26 posts

@ubi-mushy aaaand thank you for the lack of updates...

• ATF-Xeno
    17 posts

Since the start of the Golden Bullet global event, my Dv2 often freezes and crashes back to the desktop.

It can be encountered four to five times in severe cases.

And no error report is sent, even if you can play normally, you will encounter this error message when you exit.

I have tried to start Ubisoft Connect as an administrator, and set Division 2 to start with administrator privileges, repair EasyAntiCheat, and reinstall DX11, but I still encounter random game freezes and crashes.

I have used almost all the methods I can try, but it still doesn't help. Now I feel very frustrated with the stability of the Dv2 game.

• BurtMack1in
    9 posts

Just wanted to update my findings

I opened up a support ticket and was told to run System File Checker (sfc) and Check Disk (chkdsk) utilities in an elevated command prompt.

sfc - "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
    chkdsk on SSD with OS installation (C:\) - "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required."
    chkdsk on SSD with game installation (D:\) - "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required."

Welp....

Running a i5 7600-K @ 3.8GHz / 16 GB RAM / RTX 2080 Super FTW3 / game/OS installed on Samsung EVO 860s
    Frames capped at my monitors refresh rate (75Hz)

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 69 posts

Hey @ATF-Xeno!

Thank you for all the detail you've provided regarding this issue, I'm sorry to hear this is occurring for you. Have you tried verifying your game files and then running the game as admin? If not, please give that a try!

Official Response
  • UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 69 posts

Thanks for the update, @burtmack1in.

When creating your ticket, what was the case number you received? Were you able to update that ticket with the results of the System File Checker?

Official Response
  • BurtMack1in
    9 posts

@UbiMint
    Hey Mint,
    Thanks for checking up - I updated the ticket with the relevant info and screenshots of the CMD successes - ticket # 15466648

Now, I don't want to jinx it - but the ONE thing I didn't change during my two week troubleshooting efforts was screen resolution. I'm currently running Ultra graphics settings on 1920*1080 with absolutely zero problems. Again... it's been a single night worth of gaming so I don't want to lodge foot-in-mouth too quickly but the game has been entirely stable tonight. The graphics on Ultra-1080 are undistinguishable from 1440-Medium - I'm a graphics snob and I can't tell the difference - even at 100% render resolution on 1080.

I WILL say, however, that I tried to run the Pandora app while I was playing and made it a whole 15 seconds into a game session before I hard crashed, on the above settings. I suspect that has more to do with Anti-Cheat not recognizing Spotify, which is shame, but let's get real here - if I had to choose between playing the game at 1080 and Spotify in a browser or NOT playing the game at all... no brainer.

• BurtMack1in
    9 posts

Definitely spoke too soon. Game crashed out of nowhere; once just standing around the White House - second time was picking up loot after a Control Point capture

• ATF-Xeno
    17 posts

@ubimint I have tried all of them, but the fault still appears randomly.

• Amal_M
    1 posts

Yeah exactly. And because of that I guess i'll stop playing this game. Got no other option. I mean, that frustration when this stupid game crashes at the end of a Leg mission. All that effort for nothing.

• BattleMaster23
    25 posts

@ubi-mushy Thanks for the update, pleased to hear that the devs are developing a long term fix. Regarding error codes displayed, I never get one at all during these freeze crashes. The game just stops (freezes) and on the screen is the last frame of the game, like I just paused a video. In the task manager under The Division 2, it says "Not Responding" and I have to force close the application.

• ElBiggus
    7 posts

@ubi-mushy Reinstalled the game this morning after a long absence, and out of 4 times I've launched it so far two of those have had a CTD around 30 seconds after getting in-game.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1049 posts

Hey @ElBiggus , @BattleMaster23 , @ATF-Xeno and @BurtMack1in - thanks for your posts about this, and sorry for any confusion caused by my merging of threads. Just looking to group together the issues into our sticky thread 🙂

This is something we're continuing to investigate, so I really appreciate you all having tried our troubleshooting steps, and reporting your findings with those. My apologies that we have no updates to share right at the moment, and for the inconvenience while we look into the issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics