Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Pix_CZ
    1 posts

Hi, after AMD driver update from 21.6.x and 21.7.1 game crashes to desktop instantly after game loads, I have to play it with 21.5.1 driver and it was perfectly stable in DX12, low latency, 1440p ultrawide on 6700 xt and 3900x. Now i have turned off DX12 and game runs stable (didn't play for longer time), but it's not smooth like in DX12 mode.

• BigAlboski53
    2 posts

i only have 175 hrs played but i feel like i have twice that doing research on how to get game to launch and stay running on pc. 2 month old laptop asus dash fx15

• Kristlfox
    2 posts

@kristlfox

Thanks for the advice wirh reinstalling! 🙂 So i completely removed the game and reinstalled. But unfortunately its not helping for me.

Since the last update on tuesday its completely unplayable! I tried Washington Memorial now 7 times, with different graphics set up and complete new installation, solo or with rnd group. I could'nt play it through. It allways crashed before.

Its unplayable! 😢

Damn.. I love the snowderop graphics and the game play mechanics with hide and shoot and the different gear playstyles of the Division. Its the best ever game for me so far. But its unplayable with all that crashes. 😞

Finally, after 3 Weeks of trying everything I found around the net, I'm gonna uninstall and go back to Warframe game instead. 😞

Bye 😢

• MeS.187
    1 posts

Last time I tried the game months ago. I did a story dlc mission solo and right before I enter the boss room, of course the game went out of full screen and crashed without any error. Couldnt be bothered to try again since then. I dont feel for playing 30mins+ just to get a random crash. Tried a load of fixes that people wrote but of course nothing helps. So from what I read here its still a thing or even worse than before. I guess its ok to give up with the game now cause obviously the devs cant fix their own game. If they do whenever I might give it another try

• MassiveVijayjay
    6 posts

@ubi-lucipus OKAY you got two official crash reports in the last hour hope it helps.

• Moutro
    2 posts

"Glad" to see that after so many months the same issue remains and devs do nothing about it. As far as i've seen, disabling the in-game overlay from the launcher, fixes the issue.

• vigilvindex
    4 posts

Yesterday I decided to check my BIOS, and I noticed that I had an overclock set. I had forgot about it as it was a stable overclock that I have had running for over 4 years and never had an issue with any other software that I run. So I decided to bump it back down to stock and I managed to play D2 with Dx12 for over 4 hours with not a single crash. I will report back if I get anymore crashes but so far this seems to have resolved the issue for me.

• Father-Jack
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Father-Jack
    22 posts
    disabling the in-game overlay from the launcher, fixes the issue.

It doesn't for me unfortunately, still crashes with overlay disabled.

• Ubi-Lucipus
    Community Manager Original poster 24 posts

@massivevijayjay Thank you I appreciate that!

Official Response
  • Jimmy_DA
    4 posts

@ubi-lucipus Is Ubisoft actually putting out any official response to this or doing anything about it? Can't see how many more crash reports you can read on this, all it takes is a quick google search to see this has been affecting us for months. Months Ubisoft, months!

Even when it crashes, you can't put in a crash report, as there is no pop up message stating the crash or a error, no Ubisoft crash report option- nothing, the whole computer just completely freezes and the error isn't even logged into Windows crash reports. Only way out is too;
    a) reboot the system
    b) sign out (if you manage to bring up the start menu to do so)
    c) [best option] ensure the Task Manager option to show always on top is ticked so when this does occur you can reduce damaging your data via ending the Division 2 application via closing it's process.

Too me and others, as this issue has been present for so long its likely no one within Ubisoft has the knowledge, skills or expertise to fix this or plainly Ubisoft just doesn't care. Here's an idea - how about rather than spending time, money & resources on PR spins and endeavours Ubisoft actually fixes what has already been released and consumers paid for. I myself am still awaiting an answer from Ubisoft as to why I should actually ever purchase another Ubisoft developed game ever again?

• the109er
    1 posts

I've not been able to play for more than about 30 minutes since I bought this on PC months ago. Every so often I come back to reinstall it with the latest update and it's no better.
    This is clearly not fit for purpose. Never again.

• MassiveVijayjay
    6 posts

and? we're still averaging two crashes an hour here.

• MassiveVijayjay
    6 posts

another crash. at least it went a whole 42 minutes after restarting from the last crash.

• jonnythefrank
    2 posts

Not only crashes, but now the server latency spikes every 5-7 minutes. I've tried to play this game over and over again, but it either crashes or the latency spikes make it unplayable. You guys made it online only and a good number of your customers can not play your game. This is beyond ridiculous now.

• Father-Jack
    22 posts

@Ubisoft,

I think this *might* be down to a problem with communication with the TD2 servers. One time TD2 froze (yet again), my modem had just dropped sync with the DSLAM, so I had lost the Internet. Right after that happened, TD2 froze.

It may have been a coincidence, but perhaps worth mentioning.

For me, sometimes TD2 may freeze 2-3 times during a day's play. Not good, but I guess I can live with that knowing a fix is on its way(?).

Some other days, very problematic, a freeze every ½ to 1 hour or so. Very frustrating.

• Father-Jack
    22 posts
    Our June Update (TU13) should have improved the crashes happening on PC

Where do you see which version the game is patched to? For me the in-game Patch Notes only go up to 1.12.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    6 posts

@father-jack My experience with freezes vs. crash to desktop has also been the quality of the internet connection. I too experienced many freezes which ultimately I could tie back to either high packet errors on the modem, dropped sync, etc...

My crashes to desktop however seem to driven by the actual game application and driver support. I don't have a single other game on my PC that crashes to desktop like The Division 2 does consistently day after day and year after year since release.

• jonnythefrank
    2 posts

Tried to get on to complete some bounties for some SMG farming. Game crashed twice, then 4 consecutives deaths thanks to latency spikes.

• roninatlas
    1 posts

My game will crash randomly but consistently while in the inventory menu. I've tried verifying, reinstalling, disabled installation drive page file, changed driver api and disabled any 3rd party OSD overlay.
    My setup:
    cpu: r5 3600
    ram: 16GB
    gpu: 6800xt
    os drive: 256GB nvme (windows managed page file)
    installation drive: 2TB HDD (page file disabled)

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics