Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

Updates on Ubi-Crashfest 2021 please?

• madbombr633
    3 posts

today the game is now unplayable. as long as I don't move it will run for a few minutes, as soon as i move 1 of 2 things are going to happen.

1. game will crash to desktop within 2-3 minutes
    2. game will stutter and lag so bad it freezes the screen.

number 2 is a new one as of today usually just crashes to desktop. I have tried turning graphics quality to low, tried framerate limiting, and changing settings on my RTX 2060 super. this is the only game i am having issue with. I can play other games with no issue, (even had my cable modem replaced). Last night wasn't too bad got two missions in before it crashed, but today the game is unplayable. Get it together Ubisoft this has been an issue for years, this should be a top priority, and its B.S that the automated reports have dropped people are tired for sending these in only to have nothing done.

• Tr0gmar
    3 posts
    Division 2 with directx 11 = studdering lagging mess but no crashing.

Division 2 with directx 12 = guaranteed crash and hang

I'm having the same issue. I've returned to the game after being away for a year. It's a fresh install.

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

@ubi-lucipus Tom Clancy's Turning Over In His Grave It's Crashing So Much

• Father-Jack
    27 posts

Today TD2 froze after I started it - I started it from Ubisoft Connect as usual, got to the main menu screen, where you launch the game itself. While I navigated to the Settings screen it froze, i.e. before the game itself had been started. I tend to think there is a problem with TD2 talking to the servers rather than the game locally (I've had a previous freeze right when the Internet connection was dropped).

Any update on progress of a fix would be nice, thanks.

• greymouseUK
    5 posts

@greymouseuk still crashes to desktop. Sometimes in about 15 mins the other in an hour or so. It's the same error report as I have said before.

• Jimmy_DA
    27 posts

The problem is, the game has video memory leaks. Froze on me today and had task manager etc running. My GPU memory had been maxed out! Clearly whoever coded this never put in placed a check to clear out unused or no longer required loaded in textures and it keeps filling the VRAM till it the game crashes/freezes.

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

@ubi-lucipus experiencing crashes.

[June 29th, 2021]

• Our June Update (TU13) should have improved the crashes happening on PC and we have seen a reduction in the number of reports around this issue. However please do let us know if you continue to experience these crashes.

experiencing these crashes. 3 this afternoon. let'ssss see some updates.

• Jimmy_DA
    27 posts

@massivevijayjay - same for me, still freezing and clearly Ubisoft hasn't fixed the main root of the issue - VIDEO MEMORY LEAKS. Come on this shouldn't be a thing these days, just poor and lazy programming! Tried to submit help, can't even do that now - Ubisoft just doesn't care and I will not be buying another Ubisoft game again

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

4th crash of the evening. I really do feel like i've done everything possible:

1) reinstalled
    2) verified files
    3) sent crash reports
    4) changed the language to japanese (seriously)

and still numerous crashes

I've a feeling your movie is going to get horrible reviews.

• nastykh
    1 posts

Hello

I don't normally post to forums but after experiencing the frustration that many others have on this thread I felt compelled to provide my experience with TD2,

I was playing on the following setuup

Intel i8700k with 32 GB with Win10 64 but with no overclocking
    For graphics I recently purchased a Radeon 6700 which I installed with the latest drivers

Game was constantly crashing to destop and freezing especially when accessing the inventory and in the Whitehouse. I tried reinstalling the game, graphic drivers removing all other applications etc etc.
    Even reset Win10 to base and then just installed TD2 nothing else
    Also tried changed DX12 to DX11, removing overlays and reducing the video settings in the game but nothing made any difference the crashes continued with gameplay varying from 1 to 15 min before crashing.

As I really enjoyed the game and In frustration I have a 2nd PC which I use as HyperV/VMware host with the folliowing specs

Ryzen 3900xt, 64GB RAM, WIN 10 all on an Asrock X570

I added the Radeon 6700 then installed the game with the latest Radeon drivers with no other changes,  I left on many applications that I have running to support HyperV

Since then I've not experienced a single game crash using DX12 and can play TD2 with no issues
    In contrast the Intel would crash regularly and caused no end of frustration

Weird thing is I've played many different games on my 8700k with no issues over the past 3-4 years, my last game before TD2 was BL3 a month ago

Thankfully TD2 is the only Ubisoft game I've played and will probably wait a while before I get the next instalment whenever its released. A shame really as Ubisoft have a great franchise in the TD2 series they just need to ensure Massive test the game engine thoroughly

• greymouseUK
    5 posts

@greymouseuk And yes it is still crashing to desktop, so far twice crash.

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

CASE# 15189461 boys. i'll keep ya posted on what Ubi says.

• Jimmy_DA
    27 posts

@massivevijayjay doing the same, so far wanted me to submit msconfig report and dxdiag. Done, and they came back with you have multiple 3rd part apps crashing - I even pointed out the Division 2 logged a memory leak issue. But had me do a clean boot - well tested and seemed to run smooth. I went through the reports and checked against what wasn't running and thought I'd identified the culprit. Well tested with culprit and got an almost instant crash, so thought that was it and decided to play with the clean boot and nothing else bar essentials running. Alas I was wrong - complete freeze again, so it's definitely a issue with the game itself.

Admittedly Ubisoft wanted me to create a new (Windows) user profile , which I did not do due to how I have my system setup this would've been too much of an issue and don't have any other issues with any other software except for the Division 2.

• MassiveVijayjay
    24 posts

@jimmy_da yeah the same here, except the latest bot

Ubi-kaytea @ Ubisoft Support

August 18, 2021 9:22 AM

asked me to disable my start up programs, however the first bot

Ubi-Fool @ Ubisoft Support

August 17, 2021 2:54 PM

previously suggested which still resulted in crashes,

But not before this bot

Ubi-Lady @ Ubisoft Support

August 17, 2021 9:20 PM

asked me to reinstall a bunch of Microsoft Visual C++ distributables and provided me with some broken links to facilitate this:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
    x86: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 **BROKEN LINK**
    x64: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632 **BROKEN LINK**

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1
    x86 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 **BROKEN LINK**
    x64 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 **BROKEN LINK**

Guess i'll keep dealing with Ubi's bots but I imagine it's hard for a bot to realize the issue isn't client side...

• Jimmy_DA
    27 posts

@massivevijayjay I initially got into it via their online chat function, but basically the same result - must be clients side that's the issue

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 922 posts

Hey folks, let me apologize first for my lateness in getting back to this thread and for the difficulties this issue has been. I completely understand the frustration this has been when trying to play The Division 2 at this time. We have received similar reports of this behavior on PC. If the PC Troubleshooting steps have not been any help to remedy this and you have already submitted your MSINFO and DxDIAG to us by support ticket or through social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook, please let us know so we can share this information with our team's investigation moving forward.

Official Response
  • salimalatas
    1 posts

@ubi-smash

i was experiance crashed so many time force close at stratup loading just 4% AND CLOSE PLASE FIX THIS I JUST WANT TO PLAY

• FraGG13
    3 posts

For me, crash happen only when I was playing in a mission, after 10 minutes the game freeze completely I have to kill the task.

• Deboun
    1 posts

I can't even launch the game.
    I press play in the launcher, sync cloud screen, anti-cheat screen and after 5-10 seconds the sync cloud again and is not in the task manager and have to click play again...
    I was playing the last weekend.
    Great job 😠

Suggested Topics