Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Merphee
    Original poster 38 posts

Just wanted to bring this up. Not sure if it's just on my end, but yeah, in order for List View to properly work, I must refresh the page every time I visit any forum section.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Hey @merphee, thank you for raising this issue here in the Forum Feedback section. I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with the List View functionality here on Discussions.

Have you tested disabling and re-enabling the option, to see whether that helps? Have you also tried logging out and back into the site? If you have tried both, can you tell me which browser you are using and its version number, as well as if you're on mobile or desktop? I personally use List View and haven't noticed any recent issues with the functionality, and have just tested visiting a different forum subcategory and found that the page displayed correctly for me, so understanding more about your personal browsing set-up would be great.

If you are noticing the same behaviour across multiple sessions on Discussions, or on multiple devices / browsers, it would be very helpful if you could capture a short screen recording of this and provide a link to it here (you can upload the video externally to a site such as YouTube, or provide a Dropbox / Google Drive link or similar) so that I can take a look and forward the link to the forum development team as necessary.

Thank you so much for your help in advance! 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer I've also run into an issue with "List View". While I don't have to refresh on each page, when I had to do a clean relog, the forums remembered the List View setting but didn't apply it (Dark Mode did reapply, though it took a couple of seconds).

I had to turn List View off and back on again to get it to work, and when I went through the whole process a second time just to be sure it wasn't a fluke, it happened again. This is on Chrome (desktop, version 95.0.4638.54).

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

Thank you for reporting this issue with the List View setting not being remembered between login sessions, @CoastalGirl. Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply to your post here.

Just to make sure I have fully understood the issue - when you log out, and back in, the List View option is remembered and selected, but does not actually apply when browsing until you disable and re-enable the option in the right-hand meatball (...) menu?

Are you able to provide a short screen recording demonstrating this, by any chance? If so, it would be greatly appreciated, as I can forward it directly to the forum development team to refer to. Please let me know, and then I will get the issue reported if I can see it reproduced! Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer No problem!

It only seems to happen if I've had to clear cookies/restart Chrome. If I just relog, it works properly.

I was able to get a short video:

Hopefully that shows enough, if not let me know and I can try to get a better one.

It's not a big deal (though the first time it happened I didn't remember that the list view option wasn't in "settings", oops lol), but I wanted to mention it...never know what might be important at some point. 🙂

Suggested Topics