ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/41 Replies/504 Views
    Imagine_Brata
    Original poster 417 posts

Always nice with some challenge. (M870 hunters fury build )

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

Impressive stuff! I wanted to do the same as a response to your thread, but my HF build isn't well suited for this difficulty and this many directives I guess, so I got my behind handed to me near instantly.

Frustrated by my failure, I went ahead and took my trusted Artillery Turret Memento build to get the job done.

Maybe we can make this a running thing, and see how many of the old forum posters can do this CP4+Directives solo with different builds?

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@imagine_brata

Several close-calls in there, too many for my comfort :))
    I made a similar HF build but with SMG as primary. First 5 minutes got shredded, because I was playing it the same way I play my go-to AR build (80% of my play time). I bit of a learning curve for the play style for each build.
    Working on a "weird" one now... Scoped AR with Killer, and Focus on chest.

Thanks for sharing.

• Imagine_Brata

@aspoiu Make a video with your own build that you normally use on this cp4 and post it here. Then we will see what different players' style of play is.

• Imagine_Brata

@sevennvd You are right. I like to see different playing styles on this Cp4 or what level of difficulty they are comfortable with. And we can change controlpoint every 14 days,

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@imagine_brata
    What app do you use for video capture? Thanks

• Imagine_Brata

@aspoiu im on pc and use nvidia geforce experience own recorder

• alwaysblazed82
    11 posts

Ran it a few minutes ago with a deflector shield and liberty. Completely forgot to call my allies until after I cleared the first wave, lol.

• Imagine_Brata
  • fs_slacker
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • fs_slacker
    27 posts

@sevennvd Love the idea of doing a some sort of challenge to see the different builds/styles. I usually don't do the directives because I find them more annoying than actually contributing to the fun of the game. But in the spirit of things, I gave it a go Fallen Cranes - four directives with my usual CP thumper and it worked out well. I ran it again to capture the it video. The Allies were taking their sweet time this round so it was a little bit longer to clear. This is literally my first game footage that I captured.

Build is an all red Pestilence with Coyote's/obliterate/vigilance and drone/healer hive. Nothing super crazy with the build, just get in cover - send in drone and hold down trigger until they're all dead.

• CategoryTheory
    137 posts
    Build is an all red Pestilence with Coyote's/obliterate/vigilance and drone/healer hive. Nothing super crazy with the build, just get in cover - send in drone and hold down trigger until they're all dead.

Obliterate and Vigilance seem to work a bit at counter-purposes: if you need to get a hit right now to keep Obliterate proc'd, but you need to take a hit to get that hit, you end up having to choose between one or the other.

And of course Obliterate wants a high crit rate, whereas Pestilence prefers non-crit damage. (Remember, Pestilence's effect excludes criticial and headshot damage, though all else is included and is real-time. E.g., if you de-proc Vigilence all existing effects will immediately do less damage per tick, but when it procs again three or four seconds later their damage will go back up again.)

Since you've got a Striker Drone out there, you might consider swapping Obliterate for Spark which will give you an almost continuous +15% total weapon damage (TWD) buff. Grupo's Perfect Spark, at 20 seconds instead of 15, will even cover most of the skill cooldown time.

That would also allow you to replace Coyote with something that buffs non-crit damage, if you've got something available.

• RedSaberSam
    23 posts

I did the CP4 challenge with 4 directives, just gotta wait for the video to upload, don't have the fastest internet speed here 😞

• fs_slacker
    27 posts

@categorytheory Thanks for your feedback. I just tried your suggestion of swapping Perfect Spark in for Obliterate and I felt like it made a huge difference in the beginning of taking over the checkpoint. And of course the numbers at the range support everything you said in regards to maximizing the tick and even sustained DPS. Overall, it worked out fine vs The Vault CP with 4 directives. I'll play with the build some more...but one thing for sure was swapping out the Coyote's for W&H had a negative impact on total damage and DPS.

• RedSaberSam
    23 posts

Well here's my go at the CP4 with 4 directives challenge. I was using one earbud in one ear so that's why I was looking around kinda lost at times. I ordered some Steel Series Arctis 5 headset, should be here this weekend, should help with my gameplay.

Anyway, here's my vid, enjoy.

• CategoryTheory
    137 posts

@fs_slacker I'm glad to hear that Spark worked out for you. I think that Obliterate probably has places where it will be better than Spark, but it's probably not with an LMG as a primary where you have a long reload time (unless you heavily mitigate that with, I don't know, NinjaBike kneepads or something like that). And maybe Obliterate just can't be great in big open areas where enemies have lots of cover and use it.

I'll play with the build some more...but one thing for sure was swapping out the Coyote's for W&H had a negative impact on total damage and DPS.

Yeah, W&H requires careful consideration. Using just one often doesn't make sense in a very red build, even if you really need non-crit damage, because going from a weapon damage multiplier of, say, 2.20 to 2.25 is hardly more than a 2% increase. But the damage to armour and health that the 2nd and third pieces add are separate multipliers, and so can be more beneficial. But it's still going to depend also on how much you rely on direct vs. debuff damage with Pestilence.

NinjaBike kneepads might be worth a try for any LMG build. I started using them with my Pestilence build during the last event, where I was doing a lot of cover-to-cover moves anyway to transfer SHD Exposure, but I've found it's grown on me a bit, though also it makes me sometimes curse and scream at my poor skills at planning and executing cover-to-cover moves.

• fs_slacker
    27 posts

@categorytheory I completely neglected the duration of the buff for Spark and the 20 sec Perfect Spark is what sold me. It was an easy swap in my build since I had a matching Petrov BP with Vigilance. I think Obliterate has its place with LMG if 1) you have a short reload time and 2) you have a large magazine where you are emptying the clip on something big. That was the only negative of the chest talent swap. It felt like I lost some DPS when I was shooting a Sledge hammer guy. But the drop-off wasn't that bad and you're not fighting those NPC's all the time.

But again, thanks for the suggestion. Looks like it's a keeper.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

Here's some more m870 love:

• LateNiteDelight
    1013 posts

Is there a specific reason some of you guys pop your Drone well before starting the fight? When I'm using one, I usually pop it right before I start firing or try to save it for the boss.

Hmm.. I've never recorded or uploaded .. now I'm tempted..

• Imagine_Brata

@latenitedelight I do it just to distract the enemy with the drone. and with the directive cool skills, it is an advantage to take up the drone first, when the cooldown is finished on the shield, I can take it out and take it back whenever I want, without there being a cooldown on the drone as long its up

Suggested Topics