ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

I can't get used to this, I feel pocked in the eyes every time.
    If you wanted fewer people on the forum, good job. Count me -1.
    Buh bye

• SevenNVD
    87 posts
    When I typed out a reply on (Android) mobile earlier, it positioned the text I was typing behind the on-screen keyboard, so I couldn't actually see if it was typing correctly without minimizing the keyboard, and wouldn't let me scroll the reply window around to compensate. Not the best design I've encountered!

I love that the mobile version now is nearly the same as the desktop version, but this is indeed the most frustrating issue when using the mobile site. I hope it gets fixed soon.

• POP_King_Delica
    18 posts

This is by far the worst forum layout I have ever encountered. I am a little lost for words that anyone at Ubisoft thinks this is somehow better than the previous forums. It is just a visual mess.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

I wanted to throw up for the first ten minutes of using this new site as it's new and I didn't recognise anything and I couldn't quickly do the things I could quickly do. Having used it a bit more I'm fairly sure we'll all get used to it. Some things like embedding seem to have been made a little easier -- just paste the vid link now -- but some things I sill have no clue about. I think we should give it a fair shot and some time before we judge harshly.

Except for Askimet who we can sentence immediately for idiocy. It should be decompiled and sent to digital hell.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts
    Having used it a bit more I'm fairly sure we'll all get used to it.

I agree with this. In essence, all the basic functions we had on the old forums, are here as well and everything works quite intuitive in my opinion. The mobile version is potentially a huge upgrade, but there are too many issues with it at the moment and it definitely still needs some work. Having dark mode available is already an instant winner for me.

• Imagine_Brata
    514 posts

@ubi-lucipus the old layout was faster and cleaner

• dagrommit
    894 posts

PSA - switch to list view if you haven't already (the option is directly below the dark mode radio button). It reduces the amount of wasted white space.

The only feature I miss is the "preview" function when creating a post. The lack of one made creating the item power thread annoying.

• Oatiecrumble
    603 posts
    PSA - switch to list view if you haven't already (the option is directly below the dark mode radio button). It reduces the amount of wasted white space.

The only feature I miss is the "preview" function when creating a post. The lack of one made creating the item power thread annoying.

The thing i miss most is the edit feature, why we have a timer is beyond me.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@riflemania Slightly confused by that too. I guess we should make the same demand in return and disallow publishers and devs to alter what they write after 10 mins?

• BB-Ghost
    2 posts

All this Fugly/Buggy thing does is make me want to avoid this forum/website.

This needed it's own "Closed Test" run.

👎 👎 from me.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

Ouch, my EYES!!!

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@riflemania the existence of the timer doesn't bother me, though I would like the period to be a few minutes longer.

My guess is the timer exists to avoid the cheap SEO tactic of editing in content after a thread has died down and isn't getting attention.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit Google's fault then. That figures. Not sure why it's our problem though or why this website needs to concern itself with that sort of thing?

• Oatiecrumble
    603 posts
    @riflemania the existence of the timer doesn't bother me, though I would like the period to be a few minutes longer.

My guess is the timer exists to avoid the cheap SEO tactic of editing in content after a thread has died down and isn't getting attention.

I always thought when editing a post for spelling errors and stuff like that it did not bump the post, well not that i have seen anyway.

Unless you mean someone posts something and 2 weeks later does another post saying "I have edited my previous post"

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@riflemania @RichardOshea I mean that people edit in spam. It's a problem for the forum because it becomes known as a good place to spam. That's why volunteer moderators were added on the old forum, and aksimet seems to be installed here (along with the edit timer).

• Oatiecrumble
    603 posts
    @riflemania @RichardOshea I mean that people edit in spam. It's a problem for the forum because it becomes known as a good place to spam. That's why volunteer moderators were added on the old forum, and aksimet seems to be installed here (along with the edit timer).

I would of thought to overcome this members who have posted more than 10 times should be able to edit their posts.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@riflemania sure, but that's also easy to bypass. Another common tactic is for people to create accounts, post some generic replies, then leave them dormant for awhile before starting up a spam campaign. You see a similar tactic on reddit where drop ship spammers will post a image that gets a bunch of upvotes, then come back later to spam random subreddits with "I found this cool item" type posts. They'll have sock puppets that ask "where did you get this" so they can post a reply with the scammy source.

• Oatiecrumble
    603 posts

To be honest there was not enough spam that i saw on the old forum to justify putting a editing timer on this forum......unless i missed something.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@riflemania the movie spam threads were enough of a problem that required volunteer moderators. And that's just in the Div forums. Who knows what they were getting in the AssCreed or other sections.

• Oatiecrumble
    603 posts

@dagrommit well they could just change it too: After 50 posts and being a member for atleast 4 weeks the timer on edits is disabled.

Suggested Topics