Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MontanaDoug
    Original poster 3 posts

I posted the following a couple of days ago in the "old" forum - then the rug was pulled out from beneath me - reposting here?

>>>I'm adding to this thread since my freeze/crash problems appear similar to other posts here. Before some background. I'll ask a key question:

Where do I find the cache folder that posters' recommend cleaning?

In my setup, there is no cache folder where other's have recommended looking. The only one I can find is a subfolder under the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" (E:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher). (Disk E: is my dedicated SSD for games)

If that cache is the correct one, what should be cleaned out?

A bit of background:
    My hardware is moderately powerful, lots of memory, dual video cards (AMD), water cooled. Win10 system, updated drivers, etc., etc.

Apparent solution:
    My freeze/crash problems all occurred using Radeon 21.5.2
    When I reverted to Radeon 20.11.3, the problems disappeared

Additional notes
    Prior to rolling back the Radeon driver, I tried every suggested fix (multiple times) including uninstalling Origins (3 times) then redownloading,
    detuning Origins, plus many, many other "fixes". None worked. I tried to revert to Radeon 21.2.3 but ran into other unrelated issues. For those reading this, it might be worth trying 21.2.3.

I'm hoping a Ubisoft person will jangle AMD's bells. I will also report to AMD, however Ubi carries a lot more weight.>>>>

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hey @montanadoug, thanks for posting here and I am sorry that we didn't get to your other thread previously. Thank you for the update and I'm happy to hear that reverting back to the previous drivers resolved this for you. We have received similar reports of this remedying the issue and our team is currently aware of this. While I have shared this information with our team moving forward if you encounter any further issues with crashes after reverting back to this version, please keep me posted here.

Official Response

Suggested Topics