ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    Original poster 982 posts

Not even going to pretend to not be lazy but here's everything from the previous thread:https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2350382-How-would-you-fix-the-worst-gear-sets-Mk-2: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2350382-How-would-you-fix-the-worst-gear-sets-Mk-2)

Well thread got locked due necro and since people honestly don't have anything else to do while waiting for months, might as well restart this thread since i don't think much changed since then (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...orst-gear-sets: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...orst-gear-sets))

Roughly a week ago i made a vote to see what where the worst gear sets (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...worst-gear-set: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...worst-gear-set)). As of the moment i am posting on this thread these are the top 3 worst gear sets in the game by random forum votes

It was mostly as i expected (but i didn't expect tip of the spear to reach the 4th place wiht only one vote from the 3rd and system corruption to be right up there). But anyhow now the question is "What now?" we have some idea of what are the worst ones, but what should we do with them? scrap 'em, buff 'em , replace them by other division 1 gear sets? As people say knowing is half the battle now is the time to see how you propose to fix those

Case in point the voted 3 worst gear sets at that moment were

1. Striker: 24 votes
    2. A&8: 11 votes
    3. OD:10 votes

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LurchUSA
    7 posts

Do you know what is SUPER frustrating with this topic?

It's that you only need one tiny tweak to the Striker gear set to make it great. Just drop the "2 stacks are lost every time you miss." condition from Strikers Gamble and the set will go from the worst to one of the best!

At the moment I am using a 3 piece Striker set to get the weapon handling and rate of fire increase. Then I have a Grupo Sombra S.A. chest piece with Obliterate, to try to replicate the Strikers Gamble. Now it's proc'ing off critical hits and I can only get to 25% damage bonus, but that combination is awesome!

The real issue is with that "2 stacks are lost every time you miss." condition, is that when you're using a sub-machine gun, LMG or high rate-of-fire assault rifle, it is so easy to miss with a short burst of fire, losing all your built-up stacks. IT SUCKS!

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

for OD to be good you either need to buff buff bleed (duration or damage) or just turn it into a bleed build for skills that gives significant weapon damage to bleeding enemies.

• CategoryTheory
    138 posts

Ongoing Directive is already a build that "gives significant weapon damage to bleeding enemies," with the bleed itself not a benefit but part of the cost of using the set. (It does virtually no damage, but you need to manage it to get your buffs.) This could be made more clear by replacing the utterly useless status effect buff on the set with something actually useful to how the set works.

It would take a stupid amount of buffing bleed to make OD into a build that deals any real damage via the status effect; keep in mind that right now a full 15 seconds of bleed does about the same damage as three LMG bullets in a build designed to get proper weapon damage out of OD.

This has all been discussed extensively in other threads: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2350842-Thoughts-on-Ongoing-Directive).

• xcel30
    Original poster 982 posts

I alwasy found A&8 to be an interesting case of a set that was not readily available due being locked to a raid for most of the first year, yet it was quite good set from what i heard. It fixed an issue these games generally have of how make players that are generally selfish also help their team, by making so their buffs that require headshots be constant requirement for themselves also affect their teamates made it so people that only wanted to keep hitting headshots for cards also keep their team buffed through a multitude of useful bonus such as double magazine sizes, bonus armor and extra headshot damage for the next shot.

It was arguably a more team based set then the most we have today

• Kanaima
    13 posts

@xcel30 I feel like part of the reason A&8s was changed was because the mechanic encouraged throwing out as many headshots in as little time as possible, making bolt actions obsolete. Of course now we have Headhunter encouraging the use of high damage per shot MMRs, making the semi-autos obsolete.

If they reverted A&8s back to a semi-auto MMR focused team buffing set while keeping Headhunter in the game as is, there would be legitimate use cases for both weapon types.

For some reason though I have an irrational creeping feeling that Headhunter is going to be going away with the next content update and we'll be back to square one.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts
    @xcel30 I feel like part of the reason A&8s was changed was because the mechanic encouraged throwing out as many headshots in as little time as possible, making bolt actions obsolete. Of course now we have Headhunter encouraging the use of high damage per shot MMRs, making the semi-autos obsolete.

If they reverted A&8s back to a semi-auto MMR focused team buffing set while keeping Headhunter in the game as is, there would be legitimate use cases for both weapon types.

For some reason though I have an irrational creeping feeling that Headhunter is going to be going away with the next content update and we'll be back to square one.

i seriously HOPE you are wrong, Headhunter and Memento were two of the greatest things this game ever saw gear wise , i seriously hope they will never touch them.

Suggested Topics