ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

@sircowdog1 status builds need good skills. like a flame turret that locks on target and an airburster seeker that actually seeks.

• xcel30
    642 posts

@sircowdog1 eh... they said that in multiple time in multiple streams, and people kinda bastardized what they meant, they don't want skill to be " i win" button such as the seekers nerf and early wonky skill power decisions in the early game regarding skills as means to compensate DPS lost by getting skillpower, later in they made their vision a bit better buffing skills as main source of damage for those kind of build and making skills that force the player to interact with them more so they don't stand behind cover doing nothing, while turrets and drones are strong right now and preetty much let you do that as mentioned earlier talents from gear and weapons such capacitor make the player also be part of the battle instead of doing nothing.

But that's going off topic a bit, so better to focus on talking on new content, i mean i wouldn't mind status effect skills or some minor reworks in some of them, oxidizer is kinda fun but lame at the same time it would be fun if there's was some kind of "corrosive" damage type that did extra armor damage but less health damage (still want my poison non explosive crossbow tho)

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

a Specializations overhaul. maybe some new ones too.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@xcel30 I think at least part of the problem is that many skills outright don't work, or work so poorly that they might as well not exist. And on top of that, the Division 2 devs have gone months upon months without ever even recognizing that there's a problem. And now we're in a situation where it's not very likely to be addressed.

The problem with seekers is just silly. Deflector shield is a joke. Flame turret might as well be removed from the game. Bomber Firefly? lol?

I really hope that whatever the next installment of the Division Franchise is, it has devs that actually care enough to address issues instead of ignoring them. Massive has one of the biggest teams of developers out of almost any studio in the industry. Isn't it like 700 people or something silly like that? And while I know they're working on multiple projects at any given time, the way that they neglected Division 2 is pretty damn well inexcusable IMO.

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

@sircowdog1 I think you need to stop focusing on the bad aspects of those skills and focus on the good aspects. yeah, it sucks some skills could be better but, it is what it is. just try to work around those faults and have fun with it. like the firefly for example, with a good explosives brand set build the burster variant is actually pretty good, you just gotta be patient. The blinder is also good and the demolisher has it's places. It sucks when it runs into a wall tho.

the seekers should actually seek but haste is the way around that. they also work well with tag team and a turret to proc the talent. or use tag team and haste for a seeker spam that's better than hardwired IMO.

there is no hope for that flame turret tho. it's just too situational plus there's a long cooldown.

in closing, while i understand you're frustrations, don't let that stop you from having fun with those skills.

• CategoryTheory
    137 posts
    The problem with seekers is just silly. --@Sircowdog1

What's the problem with the seekers? I used the cluster ones a lot and they always worked well. I've not used the airburst ones much, but they always seem to go to exactly the spot I send them. Or is the complaint just that some don't like that design, and want airburst to target an enemy rather than a position the way explosive and cluster ones do?

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@metal_greg I'm not focusing on those bad aspects. I'm just recognizing that they exist, and do so for no good reason. It's like the CTD bug that's still around. I've figured out how to work around it, but it's still there.

I'd love to make a build using Deflector, or Flame Turret, or to find a use for bombadier drone. It's not even that those skills can't be used. But even with all my knowledge of the game, there just aren't good builds for those skills. They aren't effective. They suck, and in some cases just don't even work. Why? 100% developer neglect.

And I don't think we should just let that slide or forget it.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@categorytheory It's that very often the enemies will just dodge-roll out of it and take no damage. And that very often the explosion happens right on top of an enemy.....but they don't take damage.

Part of that is the design of the skill itself. Part of it is the ridiculous nature of allowing NPCs to be super-heroes that can matrix dodge things.

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

@categorytheory Cluster seekers don't actually seek and explosive seeker pauses for way too long before actually blowing up.

• xcel30
    642 posts

@metal_greg They changed from seeking until the last minute to just saving enemy position when they are deployed, mostly because of the seeker spam builds speedrunning stuff

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

@xcel30 they should've just uped the cooldown if speedrunning was all they were worried about because the way it is now is just so sad. NPCs can literally just walk away from your seekers and it's like dam why even use em.

• xcel30
    642 posts

@metal_greg That issue only happens with clusters variants and they are already the ones with the biggest cooldown so i think devs didn't want them to be a "Clear a single wave with press of a button" skill seeing how the other two exists and are drasticly more unpopular despite being balanced around eachother. The basic single seeker does the most explosive damage, tracks better, decent cooldown and causes bleed. Airburst is harder to use but does more damage and causes burn with high DOT damage, similar cooldown. Clusters were just single button nukes with moderate cooldown that you could just slap talents that made skill kills reset cooldown faster and have infinite of them, now they are moderate damage with low tracking and slighty longer. Leaving the healing one out of this because well it's a healing skill not a damage one

It's really no surprise seeing how ariburst seeker got nerfed in this game when it was literally " I WIN" button for first game PVP for a looooong time, the less player input the skill has and more it does the less power it will have, turrets are single target and static so they are good, cluster seekers are automatic, tracking, that ignore most covers. Seeing how this topic is diverging a bit from the new content stuff i will mention that i did suggest a gear set that replaced granades for seekers, so you could have them be a bit more spammy by having multiple chrages in cooldown instead of granades, so i feel that this is the kind of weird playstyle of seeker spam that could fit a gear set more

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

@xcel30 still tho, they didn't have to make em not actually seek.

• xJdKxZomBiE
    9 posts

@xcel30

If they were worried about clearing entire rooms without having to manage much else, then I wonder why they haven't nerfed the crap out of Eclipse and Vile mask combo for fire damage yet?

I can clear an entire room with a single Burn Sticky Bomb, back that up with the Pulse blast so it does damage thanks to Vile mask, and even doggos and mini tanks are no threat at this rate. Most named enemies unless a heavy die in a single fire blast. Especially in Summit where most guys are clumped pretty close together.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@zombieninjafreq Or the Artillary Turret, which can easily wipe the floor with entire waves of encounters.

I think someone at Massive just didn't personally like Seekers, and decided to nerf them without thinking.

• LateNiteDelight
    979 posts

@sircowdog1 ABBA: Always Blame Bruce, Always!

I always picture Bruce roaming the DZ and getting salty about how he died, so he decides to nerf it. Nobody can change my mind on this, it's official Head Cannon™ 🤡

• CategoryTheory
    137 posts

It's weird that I'd never noticed that cluster seeker mines are tracking to the target's spot at launch rather than following the target, given how much both I and my teammate have used them.

The basic single seeker does the most explosive damage... --@metal_greg

Yeah, but it it's still only about 50% more damage than a single cluster seeker mine, so I've never found it worthwhile, except when I need to trigger bleed. It's much better to be presented with half a dozen half-health enemies than one dead and five full-health enemies.

• craigman1976
    2 posts

@merphee - our small clan talks about this one often. A directive that changes the enemy types in each room/area for missions. Enemy type is random from a pool of all chungas, all dogs/johnnies, rogues, hunters, named elites, and so on. Or mix it up from those groups. Another would be a draining health bar that only stops and resets after clearing a room. Gives 5.11 purpose again as well. Specific mods being blueprints of those mission types or directives. Add the museum of science as a new mission. A horde mode like defend the b.o.o. could be fun if done right. Turn Kenly into a rogue nest. All rogues. Maybe you have to collect parts or just wipe the nest.

• N3mB0t
    801 posts

how about not reseting the sheperd rank every season? not what i want the most but its one of those things that bothers me since forever , we can keep DZ rank , people GANKING solo players with 4 man teams , but we cant keep the sheperd one which can only be done HELPING other players, makes absolutely N.O S.E.N.S.E.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@merphee

1st. Unlock the loot. Remove locked loot from the Raids and the DZ. Give options on how to get it and quit making it a punishment to play the game.

2nd. Give the PvP side some love. Expand the DZ maps or give more Conflict map options.

3rd. For heaven's sake, could you make every mission a legendary option.

The 1st is something I believe was a mistake made by the Devs. The other 2 are request I have heard from other players for sometime.

Suggested Topics