Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Merphee
    Original poster 38 posts

One could write threads about the different areas of the game. However, if there was one thing you would want most in the upcoming content, what would it be?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xJdKxZomBiE
    9 posts

To be honest?

More interactive world. I've often found myself exploring just running around and there's a ton of cool nooks and crannies, but I don't want just your average loot box. I'm talking lore, missions, that kind of stuff.

I walked around with a JTF patrol last night for 20 minutes just walking. Ran into a few enemy groups and heavies to assault with them.

• dagrommit
    512 posts

Expanded map with new roaming, multi-part activity types that apply to the whole map. OK, that might be a two-parter 🤐

Why? While the current open world activities are a great improvement over the first game, they've become a little stale. Roaming activities would freshen this up, and making them multi-part would be less predictable than the current ones. Especially if the second part of the activity is a randomly selected activity.

For example, intercepting a hostile patrol reveals some intel about a nearby supply depot that you have to clear out, or a high-value target that you need to eliminate.

• LateNiteDelight
    342 posts

Turf War 🤞

A dynamic battle over the map between all the factions, with the settlers on our side. End goal is to drive the factions back to their Stronghold, for a reworked version leading to final defeat of the faction. They'll mount dynamic attempts to retake territory, while you'll be alerted by settlers to come help. Like GTA San Andreas, but better, thanks to advances in computing power and game engines since.

Or adding difficulty scaling to Classified missions + Legendary for Open World, that swaps all Black Tusk troops for White Tusk.

• xcel30
    267 posts

A goddamn OD gear set BUF- well jokes apart (i really want it tho). I did make an thread about ways to add more depth to what i consider underused characteristics of the game, and that was the watch thematically (we did steal a watch from keener that had more features) and specializations (still feel lackluster) due their quote of ""...we are investigating new ways to progress your agent with an emphasis on increasing build variety and viability." Which seemed like a good way to add something worth grinding and experimenting in the game that wasn't just farming to polish your optimization station and exotics.

In that thread (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2325746-Customizable-watches-and-further-specializations-unlocks) i did comment on adding a new type of gear in the form of watches (we killed enough rogues and there's enough dead agents by other factions that probably stole watches and fiddled with their tech) that could give new unique crazier talents such as 100% melee damage for ever 1m sprinted to a max of 15m, being able to move faster in bleed out, your burn status effect last shorter but also causes that weird black sticky tar that cleaners have, having chance to refund a bullet whenever it crits, let sniper drones have chance to ricochet or cause bleed from headshots. Those as well some unique rolls that would be able to find anywhere else such as "explosive damage", "protection when in cover", "bonus armor on kill" to let people try some weider stuff.

Honestly i also really really really want specializations to feel special and focused, most fo them feel too bland with their unique stuff most of the time being mixed bag, such as frag granade on demo is bad but the turret is very good, the spotter drone for the sniper is bad but the TAC-50 is good. So adding more depth to them so players actually feel spec'ed out in some sort of class or job is what i want, simply add a talent tree with two options each level, you can switch between them but can't have both talents from the same level active, you are free to mix and match them also so it's not just column A or column B.

Make one be about buffing fire damage and melee for Firewall and the other being about buffing the shield, aggro and health mechanics to be better tank. A healer or longer effective turrets for technician, single target harder hitting explosives such as being able to carry an rocket launcher instead of the GL or possible cluster ammo for the GL for more AOE or even tear gas rounds that stuns enemis after the explosions, a laser targeetting system in the sharpshooter scope that pulses enemies to support your allies and can debuff enemies with a smoke granade that decreases their accuracy possibly make one that play with aggro by having more decoy and "stealth" options to decrease being targetted, who wouldn't want a poison coated crossbow that made enemies turn against eachother instead of explosive maybe turn your arrows into mines like the older tip of the spear so you can shoot it around and catch the arrows back if they miss.

This kind of stuff, the ones that really scream ou video-games. Sorry if it went for too long but goddanm i want some specializations love as big update

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@merphee A gear/ability acquisition system that doesn't rely on exclusivity to push people into content.

This doesn't mean I want the "best" gear to be easily available without effort, as the trolls will undoubtedly say. I just want the barrier for acquisition to be highly skillful play/challenge, and not specific content.

For instance, if an item is available in a raid setting, then also make it available in Legendary, and perhaps even as a potential reward for playing a perfect Conflict match(special crate for a win with no deaths or something). Similar to how the Big Horn will only drop at a low percentage in Legendary, give it the same drop chance in a raid loot box, or from a winning conflict reward.

Don't make it easy. But DO make it available.

• SuicideHero793
    15 posts

An actual closing segment. Then end of WONY was good, got a view of what to expect next, Rogue Cells and we got it. We finished it all and got no closing to the ark. Just merked Fay and that was it. Some dialogue and a helicopter out... cool.

• Oatiecrumble
    284 posts

More CP's with Black Tusk 🤘

• SevenNVD
    69 posts

Some great idea's here. The story evolvement with Faye was disappointing indeed, and I'd like to see better closure and more lore bits and pieces in the game. Side stories like for example Division 1 had with the Noble squad were great, but I also like to see more cross referencing from other lore sources like the comics and Broken Dawn.

I like the turf war idea from LateNiteDelight, and the Black Tusk CP's from Riflemania. It boils down for me to more open world activities, I'm bored of fighting resource convoys 😊

• chicagolongball
    2 posts

A MAJOR map expansion and a new game mode

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

The only thing I'm interested in is adding Openworld Legendary . as they nerfed Heroic to the ground.

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

@latenitedelight It would be fun if all types of armies could be Legendary openworld (cleaners, rikers. And the others etc) It started to get boring with just White Tusk.

• LateNiteDelight
    342 posts

@imagine_brata : was what I originally typed, but then realized that might be too big a lift for who's left? They tweaked a lot of behaviors for the White Tusk - could they one to one for the others? Though I guess they could just further dial up the stats?

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

@latenitedelight Otherwise have an option to scale up the world for 1-4 people. (same upscaling as when playing in a group)

• TxDieselKid
    146 posts

1) I think there needs to be a more proper ending to the story than just what we had with Faye. First game I ever player that didn't have a cinematic cut scene at the end of the story content (since the story DID go beyond Keener). Killing off such a major figure in the Division universe, deserved a better ending than what we got.

2) A proper PvP/PvPvE experience, done mostly inside a Dark Zone. I have written about my thoughts on how to put in a "grey" DZ, and even include a more wild version of the DZ than what we have now. I really think the DZ is the "end game grind" that this game was supposed to focus on, so make it more enjoyable for all.

• Kanaima
    11 posts

I want to be able to deal headshot damage to all types of enemies without requiring Achille's. Also for all enemy types to be vulnerable to at least one type of status DoT, even if it means introducing a new corrosive status for dealing with armored/mechanicals, without requiring the crossbow. Maybe even something as simple as scaling Oxidizer's damage with status.

Feeling like you're almost utterly useless against a specific enemy type because of your build (despite being built for damage) feels really bad.

Being caught in a situation against a quad-copter as a headshot build before having the opportunity to swap builds is an absolute nightmare.

I feel like the fact that no enemies resist crit (in fact warhounds are actually technically weak to crits) is part of what makes crit builds so popular, but I much prefer the idea of certain enemies being vulnerable to a specific means of dealing damage over having enemies that resist them. I do NOT want certain enemy types to suddenly be crit resistant in an effort to push people towards other playstyles.

To summarize: no enemy should be resistant/immune to an entire build. It feels better to exploit enemy weakness than to be stonewalled by near immunity.

• xcel30
    267 posts

@kanaima hilariously firewall spec has the secondary shotgun that lets ou remove enemy status immunity and make eletronic enemies catch on fire, and while not a dot EMP jammers does actual heavy damage against eletronic enemies

• Merphee
    Original poster 38 posts

@latenitedelight Yeah, faction wars of some sort would definitely liven up the LZ.

It kind of happens through natural encounters, but it's not touted as an official event and is much smaller.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@xcel30 IMO I think either the chest or backpack for Eclipse Protocol should do this, making the set actually useful. But really, status effects in general are kind of not the greatest thing in the world.

I can't remember where I read it, but didn't one of the Division 2 devs once say they wanted people to mostly be shooting anyway, and not relying on skills?

Suggested Topics