ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pesto.
    Original poster 261 posts

Not only is it creepy but not everyone has the means to record a video, it’s QA’s job to test and try to recreate bugs reported and honestly when it’s applied to every single report no matter how prevalent, obvious or simple and clear the explanation it feels like it’s being used as a means to raise the bar for entry to avoid getting bugs reported and fixed around here.

This isn’t the right way to treat customers who go to the effort of reporting bugs. I don’t believe anyone here wants to join a beta team or join QA themselves, most have other jobs and this is what we do for pleasure with what little free time is available to us. Please just look into the bugs, test and see if you can reproduce, then if you really are unable to follow or reproduce the bug ask more questions and eventually if all else fails then ask for the video. If you can reproduce then also please communicate with us. Just leave videos for the last option, not first.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1719 posts

@pesto I sooooo agree with this...
    that's why there's no video from me in XP gained from killing enemies in Ireland, because I think it should be easy to reproduce
    but guess what... no response from Ubisoft staff for four days (maybe because it's not game breaking...)

• afewscarsmore
    83 posts

agree
    getting really tired after that "could you provide a video please" after each bug post in 50 messages thread or after another pointless update or hotfix, that dont fix problems and bugs that are in game for half a year

• lemmie88
    289 posts

Yes. agree with all of this.
    The way they ask... Every time we report a bug, its like we are forced to prove our case with evidence as if we're on trial. Crazy.
    And sometimes the video requests make no sense. Like, if there's an issue with an item and someone shares screenshots of their inventory... why do you need video of a static screen??? Or say you never got a letter in Eivor's mailbox, how am I supposed to make a video of a letter I never got?

I'm convinced now that their Bug department is just some poor guy or gal being punished in a closet, doing work that needs 50x the staff and resources. And the customer doing half the work is the only way anything has even the slightest chance of being addressed. Either that or its just some bureaucratic SOP for the support staff to tick all their checkboxes. Or maybe they are bots. Who knows?

Anyway, they don't really frequent the general discussions, so they will probably never see this.

• C-Pick
    117 posts

Agreed.

I was just asked to provide a video of that flaming red-rune flash that appears whenever enemies and animals do unblockable attacks. My only request is to have an Interface option to turn that effect OFF.

Like . . . really? It's there for anyone to see. Just get into a fight, and eventually an enemy will do an unblockable attack, and that fiery red rune thing will flash on them. Have they not seen this or something?

• bielik01
    1719 posts

so I gave in and provided videos for XP gained from killing enemies in Ireland
    I wonder how long it takes for anyone from the staff to acknowledge it

• karenshannonpl2
    22 posts

I agree. I am pretty sure this is their way of avoiding dealing with anything that isn't considered a " game breaking " issue.

• karenshannonpl2
    22 posts

Just an aside thought about it all. I think the " department " is probably outsourced since the response I got said that the video / screenshot would be sent to the Ubisoft team.

• Hwanah
    67 posts

@pesto Dang, I feel you. FYI (and slightly off the topic), the person taking care of player support forum section doesn't really know the game well. I asked if auto sprint on/off option or hold to sprint on/off option could be implemented and the moderator replied, "...It's already in the game..." then started explaining how a character can run. So, considering that, I believe people in charge of bug reports and stuff is quite unqualified as well.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1454 posts

There are many examples of bugs that are easy, really really easy, to find yet somehow the team is unable to reproduce the behaviour. An exact text description is insufficient? Why? "Please provide a video showing that you do not have XXX." Um . . . don't you guys know what that looks like???

Closely related are the responses that show a lack of understanding of the game itself or are just bizarre. I posted about the dozens of keys and things that are still in Eivor's inventory. I got a response asking me which quests were supposed to use the items. Um . . . Ubisoft doesn't know what the keys it put in the game were for? Doesn't anyone at Ubisoft see that there are dozens of items in Eivor's inventory? The only explanation for the latter is that they do not play the game as it's so incredibly obvious.

Unless they experience a lot of something mad like corporate espionage, ie, trolls from EA or whatever posting billions of bug reports to cause them problems, the aim is only to raise that bar you mention, there is no other explanation unless the people at Ubisoft do not play the retail version of the game at all, which is also completely mad as it should be absolutely basic QA/QC.

Lastly, there's Ubisoft's image. They do not realise or, far more likely, do not care that these matters continue the trend of making them and other game developers look bad. There's been a good amount of decent responses in the support forums but all that work is being overshadowed by this attitude. They're not alone, EA, Square Enix, Microsoft . . . most devs have the same attitude.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

@pesto

Agree, wholeheartedly.

It's the first video game forum in my life where I've seen this happen, to this extent.

I no longer work in the film industry, and I'm not a YouTuber, so I'm retired from producing films and videos.

This is supposed to be my break from it all.

Produce a video?

No thanks. That's what I pay you to do, Ubisoft Montreal.

• longjohn119
    1033 posts
    Not only is it creepy but not everyone has the means to record a video, it’s QA’s job to test and try to recreate bugs reported and honestly when it’s applied to every single report no matter how prevalent, obvious or simple and clear the explanation it feels like it’s being used as a means to raise the bar for entry to avoid getting bugs reported and fixed around here.

This isn’t the right way to treat customers who go to the effort of reporting bugs. I don’t believe anyone here wants to join a beta team or join QA themselves, most have other jobs and this is what we do for pleasure with what little free time is available to us. Please just look into the bugs, test and see if you can reproduce, then if you really are unable to follow or reproduce the bug ask more questions and eventually if all else fails then ask for the video. If you can reproduce then also please communicate with us. Just leave videos for the last option, not first.

Way back in November they asked me for a video of a bug I had calling in the troops for a monastery raid so I gave them a video ..... Then they said they wanted timestamps so a couple of days later I gave them timestamps ..... And never heard anything back after that so I just quit playing the game .... Kept it on my NVMe drive for a couple of months to test updates which were still broken and after the debacle that was 1.1.0 I just removed from my hard drive and haven't reloaded it since ..... In fact the only Ubisoft game I even have left on my computer is Odyssey and I haven't played that in months either ......

• Hwanah
    67 posts

@longjohn119 That is so insulting. They ask you to do part of their job, ask you to do something that takes extra time and effort for something that has already been described, then the issue doesn't even get fixed in the end. What a shame.

• longjohn119
    1033 posts

@kream Srtill have the video on my YouTube channel and it has 55 views .... unfortunately none of those views seems to be from Ubisoft

It also shows the broken aim assist and how it was impossible to do assassinations like I planned because everyone is in groups 2 and 3 so there is no way to do it without getting caught ..... I think I played another hour or two after this quest and just quit because it was stupid and not nearly as much fun as Odyssey was .....

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@longjohn119
    I had the same experience. I posted screenshots of Eivor's equipment belt disappearing when hiding the torso armor (and thus using an invisible harpoon during the harpoon ability). They came back asking for video. Not only that, they asked me a list a questions and to try out things in game to see its effect. So I go through the whole song and dance, deliver it all, and they never bothered to respond. That was back in March and afaik, the harpoon is still invisible. 💩

• longjohn119
    1033 posts

@lemmie88 I think a big part of the problem is the new forum setup ..... Everything just gets buried and even the mods can't find stuff after a day or two .... For cripes sakes I have had 2 posts that didn't get answered for almost 6 months and by the time they did I had removed the game from my computer months before ..... And now they just switched over Odyssey and Origins to the same format despite pretty much everyone here hating this layout from the beginning .... I have never seen anyone post and say they think it was an improvement over the old forums

• azullFR
    2042 posts

from what I understood :
    development teams won't start an investigation without having a video
    (In fact they are starting the investigations they want without any video...)

Imagine, just imagine :

You :
    Ubi-police ? My car has been stolen while I was climbing the Xyz Mountain it was parked at Abc parking

Ubi-Police :
    Can you send us a video showing the robber ?

You :
    what ? of course I can't !

Ubi-Police :
    If you can't, send us a video showing the car was there before, and another one showing that you can't find anywhere, then we will start to investigate, thank you for your call

I perfectly understand a video is needed for non reproducable bugs, but how can Ubisoft can justify videos are needed when people are saying (it's just an example) :
    "PS4, from starting AC-Valhalla to Eivoir usable = XminXX" and "XboxOne, from starting AC-Valhalla to Eivoir usable = XminXX" with adding screenshots of "Starting point" and of "Ending point"
    Ubisoft don't have and don't test PS and Xbox ????

• bielik01
    1719 posts

I just found this gem 😄
    https://9gag.com/gag/aQojDK2: (https://9gag.com/gag/aQojDK2)

• azullFR
    2042 posts

@bielik01
    many thanks to you !!!
    you made my day ! 😂 😂 😂

Suggested Topics