ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HonestlyOK1986
    178 posts

In short, conflict needed more maps and modes as its still stuck with those from release. Dz needed a bigger arena and a bigger player cap, which they could easily fix if they gave you the option to switch WONY map to a pvp map and upped the player cap to 40.

Balancing...the builds are stale, but i think there's alot of effective builds, it's just nobody uses them. Someone sent me a link the other day to a heal build on yt, ive seen it now in a bunch of dzs over the last week or two. It seems nobody knows their own playstyle, strengths and weaknesses so just go with what the yt'ers say because they dont understand how to build and what works with what. Metas have made the game stale for pvp, try something else, make it work.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

I think all of you are actually kind of wrong about people that go in the DZ and are toxic. In my experience those people do like to troll. They will do whatever they can usually to gain an unfair advantage on you and kill you. They actually enjoy it. That’s why they continue to do it.

Simple as that.

• XMdead
    144 posts
    I think all of you are actually kind of wrong about people that go in the DZ and are toxic. In my experience those people do like to troll. They will do whatever they can usually to gain an unfair advantage on you and kill you. They actually enjoy it. That’s why they continue to do it.

Simple as that.

Using an ***unfair*** advantage is the very definition of trolling and being toxic, and ruins PvP, ultimately making people stay out of it.

Not even people that enjoy real PvP will bother with a trolling/toxic faux-PvP experience. That is why there are so many toxic people in the DZ, most of the non-toxic left a long time ago. It is not even their fault and they probably don't even know they are toxic, it is how the D2 DZ was designed - as a place that attracts the toxic and repels the rest - by making it so that whoever has the unfair advantage will usually win and letting them justify it by thinking that getting an advantage from special gear, ganging up on the unprepared, or turning rogue on in an instant makes it fair.

Real PvP can only exist when the conditions are fair. In real PvP you win because of skill, not dirty tricks.

In the end it is clear that a fair and balanced DZ will never exist in D2, we can only hope that when they finally design D3 maybe 5 years from now they will fix the mess that is the DZ and give us real PvP. Until then... there are other games where we can do real PvP.

• HonestlyOK1986
    178 posts

@txdieselkid i troll all the time, makes it a little more spicier. Pwople do really get annoyed though and build grudges, it's hilarious!

The pvp would thrive if pvp had a better balance but it doesnt so..

• ModalThread611
    144 posts

@honestlyok1986 You cry mouse and keyboard and cronus all the time. Is that what you call trolling?

• ModalThread611
    144 posts

@txdieselkid Never listen to him.

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @txdieselkid i troll all the time, makes it a little more spicier. Pwople do really get annoyed though and build grudges, it's hilarious!

The pvp would thrive if pvp had a better balance but it doesnt so..

LOL, because of people like you I don't play DZ in Division 2 and in Division 1 I pick up no loot (to give you nothing if you kill me) and start doing jumping jacks when jerks like you show up (usually in a group), too bad there isn't an emoticon raising a finger... it would be even better.

• Aced_100
    174 posts

I was bored yesterday and went into the DZ for a look, was clearing a Landmark and was in cover and just finishing off a big armored guy, someone comes up behind me, turns rogue and shoots me in the back. I had no gear and go down, respawn at a checkpoint and leave the DZ, yipee! No complaints, I play solo open world.

• Sock_Monkey
    487 posts

@honestlyok1986 Well, at least now I get why some of them do it. A certain well-known DZ troller whose name contains the word "Acid" (but that isn't his complete name, so the mods can't "shame" me) was at it again tonight. Snuck up and killed me several times while finishing a Heroic landmark boss, when I was at my weakest.

Finally got tired of that and lured him in, making it look like I was engaging a landmark but really I was [mostly] ready when he turned rogue. Wham! I easily nailed him. Didn't gloat or emote, but did the exact same thing a second time and killed him again.

Finally I did a DZ-wide chat and said "Well ----, at least now I totally get why you prefer to shoot players in the back and while they are occupied."

I don't know for a fact that he left the DZ, but I never saw him again that evening. I don't get into the whole "revenge" thing but I confess that was just a little satisfying.

Suggested Topics