Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FlexedBunny
    1 posts

@captainstarpaw Bro I have the same problem Im not even having any of the other huge bugs in the game. Atm the audio is ruinnin this game 100% for me. I just want crisp audio. Like they can do it with other games so it shouldnt be hard. I believe another ubi studio could easily help them.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts

@flexedbunny Really glad you joined the thread. Same feelings here. I'd love to play this game on headphones to completely immerse myself, but I need to protect my ears from the vomit sound quality.

If I worked at Ubisoft I would literally do the work for free, just to get this out to all the gamers that want a crisp audio experience.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts

More and more people are chiming in on Reddit voicing their opinion. Another thread cropped up and already has 72 upvotes.

We have seen three threads appear in the last 48 hours, now totalling over 300 upvotes.

It would be great if a media publication would cover this issue. I've tried contacting writers at RPS, but we need more help from users here to achieve that.

I also wanted to bring this thread to attention: Are you really not going to make the audio a known issue...?

It does a great job providing links in the OP to all the other reports out there.

Here is also another thread on Reddit that was posted 3 days ago which managed to gain 176 upvotes.

• Dworkin_CZ
    6 posts

And just how would you formulate the issue?

Consumers unfortunately finding out the audio is compressed beyond belief? That's the only issue here for them and obviously the're not going to add that to the list.

The audio itself being [censored]*y isn't an issue.

It's a FEATURE.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Last4SSN
    1 posts

I couldn't get past the intro. As said above, I'm hearing possibly one of the worst soundscapes of any game in the last 10 years that I've played. Tinny, scratchy, reverby, character dialog is all over the place. This is unsatisfactory for any game at this price point.

I am using a set of Beyerdynamic DT 770s with a FiiO E10K amplifier/DAC. Sometimes it hurts to be an audiophile... =\

• LordPhoenix82nd
    11 posts

@last4ssn I don't even consider myself an audiophile and I can barely get through the awful low bitrate audio. I can't even fathom what you have to deal with here as an audiophile! Please acknowledge this issue Ubisoft, or I am definitely returning the game

• PaulDelestrac
    14 posts

@ubi-swaggins Thanks for the answer... But what is the purpose of a known issues list if that doesn't list the known issues? 🤔

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Saw an article on game pressure quoting the OP and a few other users. Can't post link because it's getting flagged as spam lol. Article name is "Gamers are Irritated by Sound Layer in AC Valhalla".

Hopefully it'll get picked up on more networks and this gets fixed soon.

• Zorek67
    13 posts

@therealdaemon good news !

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts

@therealdaemon Fantastic news. Thanks for letting us know!

• PalpyIsBack
    4 posts

Adding just another +1 about the bad audio issues.

As I also played in the last days Death Stranding and Black Ops Cold War (it just released!), going back to Valhalla is realy painfull.
    Both my mentioned games have decent and cinematic sound quality that dont distract the gameplay but enrich it.
    To play Valhalla I need to decrease sound volume to 50-60% to not damage my ears.
    Cold War with all the gun shot and crazy explosions is good to play at 80-85% without any issues and not geting irritated (Im mentioning this game, as it's also a just launched game)

About the compression, If devs have issues with file sizes, here is good solution, have an option for high res assets/audio files, so that people have a choice.
    undefined
    I mean no disrespect by just slamming other games in the face, just showing that are solutions, even if you want to keep initial size small.
    You guys 100% have good quality audio sources, the people who work with audio would love to have theyr work not destroyed as its currently done.

I get it that there are more work to be done for graphics optimizations to create better PC port, but audio is like 50% of the experience here.
    Some graphical issues are easily to tolerate, but having audio issues is realy a big blow to the experience.

I hope there will be some solution soon or comments from the support/devs about this, as the game itslef is great and I can see there is a lot love put in the gameplay/story itself.
    If there is any help need with debugging or something else, im happy to help out.

• azazel140
    10 posts

@crashtestdoomy I literally messed by almost perfext balanced audio setup because of this ridiculous isaue...o juat dont understand how can this things happen on million project and franchise like AC...speeshless

• OwO_Wubble
    2 posts

I've seen a number of topics about this issue, so I am going write another to help get this issue fixed. The game's audio is VERY FLAT and almost mono sounding. It's lacking timbre and depth. It's almost as-if the audio has been super compressed and had its bit-rate changed in some process and hasn't been mixed well - Odyssey had this issue too. I've tried multiple things to try and fix it but I haven't found anything.

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

For me, it feels the same on Xbox Series X. It lacks the dept of Origins.

• Ryusennin
    74 posts

It's not just the compression but the whole audio mix which is annoyingly monophonic. Valhalla lacks spatialization, everything sounds centered and muffled, even with dynamic range set on Midnight. Typical examples are rivers and cascades, which are barely audible. If this game was a movie projected in a theater, people would immediately ask for a refund.

I'm using Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which sounds wonderful in The Division 1 & 2. Even Origins and Odyssey have a decent surround mix. Valhalla is either bugged, or very poorly authored. The sound engineers have done a terrible job and should take this issue seriously.

• Sunqfu.
    7 posts

Confirmed i barely hear the audio. Its like a walkman sound. Sorry walkman audio quality better than this game.

• Morfor91
    6 posts

So despite a huge amount of players have problems with the audio still no fix?

• Gunnarsson19XX
    1 posts

ive spoken to support and they said they've forwarded the issue to both the game and dev team. Its crazy that it has to be like this. I literally cannot play the game because its all i can think about....
    And they wont adress anything about the issue on their different social media support sites, its so stupid.

• And ofc my case is just left on  STATUS

• WAITING
    • Your case has been updated by Ubisoft Support

its so annoying that they cant put out a game without having millions of freaking bugs. Why didnt they just delay the game a bit more if its SO many bugs.

• Tadiian
    16 posts

I really hope they do something to fix this. They need to.

Only one website picked it up so far, not sure how big it is though. (https://bit.ly/3kvBnZs)
    I hope it gets a wider coverage so they really are forced to do something about it.

@therealdaemon Here is the Link: https://bit.ly/3kvBnZs
    The original is just too long I think.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics