Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OwO_Wubble
    2 posts

I've seen a number of topics about this issue, so I am going write another to help get this issue fixed. The game's audio is VERY FLAT and almost mono sounding. It's lacking timbre and depth. It's almost as-if the audio has been super compressed and had its bit-rate changed in some process and hasn't been mixed well - Odyssey had this issue too. I've tried multiple things to try and fix it but I haven't found anything.

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

For me, it feels the same on Xbox Series X. It lacks the dept of Origins.

• Ryusennin
    77 posts

It's not just the compression but the whole audio mix which is annoyingly monophonic. Valhalla lacks spatialization, everything sounds centered and muffled, even with dynamic range set on Midnight. Typical examples are rivers and cascades, which are barely audible. If this game was a movie projected in a theater, people would immediately ask for a refund.

I'm using Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which sounds wonderful in The Division 1 & 2. Even Origins and Odyssey have a decent surround mix. Valhalla is either bugged, or very poorly authored. The sound engineers have done a terrible job and should take this issue seriously.

• Sunqfu.
    7 posts

Confirmed i barely hear the audio. Its like a walkman sound. Sorry walkman audio quality better than this game.

• Morfor91
    6 posts

So despite a huge amount of players have problems with the audio still no fix?

• Gunnarsson19XX
    1 posts

ive spoken to support and they said they've forwarded the issue to both the game and dev team. Its crazy that it has to be like this. I literally cannot play the game because its all i can think about....
    And they wont adress anything about the issue on their different social media support sites, its so stupid.

• And ofc my case is just left on  STATUS

• WAITING
    • Your case has been updated by Ubisoft Support

its so annoying that they cant put out a game without having millions of freaking bugs. Why didnt they just delay the game a bit more if its SO many bugs.

• Tadiian
    16 posts

I really hope they do something to fix this. They need to.

Only one website picked it up so far, not sure how big it is though. (https://bit.ly/3kvBnZs)
    I hope it gets a wider coverage so they really are forced to do something about it.

@therealdaemon Here is the Link: https://bit.ly/3kvBnZs
    The original is just too long I think.

• Tadiian
    16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • zhead_
    31 posts

I really would like to see this issue listed on the known issues pinned thread.

• Zorek67
    13 posts

Known issue thread just got updated and guess what guys, NOTHING about AUDIO hahahah what a bunch of clowns.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

This is honestly so frustrating. Some acknowledgement or an update would be nice. I've spent more time looking on these forums and reddit about this issue (hoping for an update) than I have actually playing the game on the Series X, because the sound is so bad.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts

@Ubi-Alien @Ubi-Baron @UBI-Froggard @Ubi-Gaidheal @Ubi-Ginge @Ubi-Heruhoss @Ubi-Kay @Ubi-Litten @Ubi-Mullac @Ubi-Pingu

Firstly, apologies for needing to do this. With respect, I am not sure which mods are actually active here, or if any of them are able to serve as a middle-person for relaying information to the community from the devs/managers etc. but since I've already tried to address one of them with no response, I'm making an extra effort by tagging several.

Since the problems with audio on AC Valhalla are among the top voted on this board, with countless corroborating complaints across more than one thread, and daily mentions on Reddit, can we receive some kind of official confirmation or update regarding the audio issues outlined here? Thank you!

As you can tell, we're anxious to hear something.

• PalpyIsBack
    4 posts

@captainstarpaw I think with the stuff that went down yesterday in Ubisoft Montreal (Valhalla's studio) we probably wont hear anything till the monda atleast.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 43 posts

@palpyisback Very good observation - Even though it was only a hoax, I am happy it was handled well and no one was hurt. We're living in strange times.

• Chybow
    1 posts

When switching from Keyboard/Mouse to Gamepad the audio cuts out for a second or two in-game. (While using "Hybrid" input mode in the controls settings.)

• Cowb0iChris
    1 posts

Any updates as to if this will be fixed? It sounds like I'm listening through broken headphones.

• Zorek67
    13 posts

yes it starts to be annoying, 4 days and nothing on the "known issues" thread 🙂

• TudorSuta1
    1 posts

I too am having the same issues. The audio quality is really low and its immersion breaking.

• Dark-Coco
    17 posts

@pauldelestrac I agree. I think it wise that it's updated, because people will just keep making threads about known issue or talking about them in other threads people created, like the Sons of Ragnar bug I have. Something to think about.

• WaTcHyOiZ
    1 posts

I had a audio problem so I changed from bitstream to pcm and it worked perfect sound.
    I hope this helps someone out there.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics