Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 124 Likes/529 Replies/30006 Views
    CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 51 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpektrumGG
    3 posts

Well it seemed like we would have had some kind of update by now even after a Ubisoft employee responded to this post.

But the known issue is still un updated and we haven't heard a single thing about what they are going to do about this bad quality compressed echoed sound.

I have really really tried to ignore the sound by this point, but it really makes me loose my mind, the sound is so horrid.. I love everything else about the game, but audio is just way to important to left untouched..

• LoneMetalWolf
    2 posts

@raski0611 but then why would they not take those files and use them in the regular release version when they already have them. It wouldn´t make anysense to then take a worse audio pack when you already have a good one.

Also, I tried reinstalling multiple times without any changes. But then again, a friend of mine doesn´t have any audio issues, but I can´t tell you if hes plaing on PC or Console.
    I just can´t get behind it.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Filesize.

I also think many just dont realize the bad audio and maybe some win the Hardware Software configuration lottery and have decent sound.
    Saw a lets Play on youtube, Sound was balanced, Walking in snow, clashing weopons, Wind and Musik, everything was good. Voice had a little Bit reverb. All in all a quality you can release for Sale.

BUT in the Intro there was no flute playing and this i will never ever unhear/unsee again, damage its done.

• A_Gallant_Goat
    3 posts

@captainstarpaw

Couldn't agree more. After a few hours of gameplay I had a feeling something was weird but, couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong. I had noticed from the first minutes that some effects, were way too loud (footsteps especially), while others were way too low (shanties on the ship, I had the impression that the crew was singing behind closed doors, a few yards away from me).

Then came the first assault of the game and "oh my" what a letdown. I immediately understood what had eluded me so far : the audio is a mess. At first I believed there was no background music during the assault, turned out it was way lower than any other sound and randomly disappeared from time to time. The ambient sounds were also washed out, unreal. I had the impression of playing an eatly beta, with free stock effects.

Going forward I was more and more troubled by the audio-related issues of this game.

Not only is the overall quality pretty poor, but audio seems buged as well, some sounds doesn't trigger, or with delay, others are misplaced, many are too loud, or to low.

I have almost no background music while free-roaming even though I put the frequency on "high" in the settings even when it triggers it does so only for a few seconds, never more than a minute. To me the feature is bugged since its first introduction in "Origins".

Which is kind of sad, because the ost is incredible, but we're not able to fully enjoy it while playing, without putting our own playlist in the background, as you pointed out.

Sometimes background music doesn't trigger at all, even when it should be supposed to (doing an assault with almost no sound, except a few screams every now and then, is quite bothersome).

Really hope they fix it soon and, perhaps, take advantage of the situation to add a key set to "trigger" ambient music in the background while free-roaming, the same way we could trigger shanties in BF, Odyssey or Valhall while on our ship.

This way, instead of having to rely on a not so reliable "music frequency" setting, players would be entirely free to choose when to listen to the game beautiful ost, or play in silence.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Many players have the issue and stopped playing for now, sadly no official response yet for us to know that someone is working on it so we can stop whine about it.

• nonAx85
    22 posts

@xrayspex_73 yeah i've tried that. tried all 3 options, no change.

• cavveman
    84 posts

I can tolerate graphical bugs. It adds to the charm of the game(sometimes you just look at a graphical bug and laugh and move on).
    But when the audio have bad quality it does more harm then graphical glitches/bugs. Audio and sounds are much more important for a good gaming experience for individuals with visual defects. So subtitles are usually not an option for me. It moves to fast for me to read it. I can read static text just fine, but when it changes every few seconds it doesn't help my gaming. So I rely on sound more to follow/understand the lore in the game or to know what to do next in a quest.

So please Ubisoft, add cd quality for the sound as a minimum.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

Ubi just posted a news update regarding the Seer's Solace quest bug

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81565/seer-s-solace-quest-important-update-hotfix-is-live?lang=en-US

And they do mention this at the end of the post:

"Since we're already talking fixes: We genuinely appreciate all of you for your vigilance in reporting issues to us and want you to know that we're currently working on our next title update. You can expect fixes for some of the reported known issues (& more) later this month. Stay tuned."

Which sounds hopeful, but we'll see if it does include anything for the sound issues.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

@vanixlh

I fear the priorty for fixing [censored] Photo Mode crab is higher than the Soundproblems.

"later this month. Stay tuned"
    So for me no ac Valhalla this weak.

• Shuar
    34 posts

@raski0611 Should be: "for me, refund request!"

• CarvalhoPT
    8 posts

@shuar , refund requested! 😠

• Shuar
    34 posts

@raski0611 Nice ban Ubi! Faster than acknowledging the sound issues! xD

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Honestly I'm starting to think that the sound quality is just going to be ignored, especially on consoles. There's 3 big threads on audio, why not make a megathread on audio too? It's one of the biggest reported issues from what I'm seeing?

• Zorek67
    13 posts

It will be one week since I can't play my [censored] FULL 60€ PRICE GAME because of its horrid audio and they still ditch us like there is no issues :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) love this company.

• CarvalhoPT
    8 posts

@zorek67 I feel you! They just refuse my refund because they say i played 2h10 minutes even tho my game say i played 1h14m.... I guess the other time i spent on the menus trying to find a fix for the sound and half that time testing for a fix. So yeah.... Great i'm stuck with a game i can't put my self to play due to the sound issues, and no fix in near future... since they just updated the Megathreads issue and again nothing about the sound....
    At least give us an answer, even if it is "we won't fix it".

• CarvalhoPT
    8 posts

@zorek67 I stand corrected... Audio issue has been acknowledge on the Megathreads issue!!!
    OTHER ISSUES / QUERIES

• Nounoustar
    1 posts

Hello,
    Same problem here, it took me 30 minuts to realize how bad the overall audio state is. I don't understand why and how this can be in a AAA product. It's absolutely destroying devs work and immersion.
    I'm on PC / with seinheiser hd599/98. I really hope it will be improved first, and fixed. Everything sounds so low definition it reminds me of the napster / 28ko era. I realised it right from the first loading screen (steps in water). And I also got the sound stutter...
    It's 2020, 4k is nice, hd sounds would be too. Bugs are certainly something that will be fixed, but I fear the worse for audio quality.

• Ooskars2020
    1 posts

I totally agree with this.
    I have never had a situation when I start an AAA game and after few minutes wonder - why does audio seems so whacky?
    I even checked my headphones and connections & drivers, but no - it is just terrible, terrible audio compression & balance in the game itself.

What a shame. I would be OK downloading extra 20GB+ only to have Crystal clear experience, because the game itself is beautiful.
    What a disappointment.

Oskars

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics