Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 125 Likes/537 Replies/30277 Views
    VanixLH
    14 posts

@carvalhopt Yeah, I went ahead and asked if they could add the problem to one of the official issue threads just so there's some official acknowledgement on their end, since people in here are getting a bit anxious about it.

I hope everyone keeps in mind that customer support and forum support staff most likely do not have direct contact with the devs and are in no way involved in the game's development, so please be nice to the people you talk to as I've already seen some people get banned probably because they were rude to staff. They've got little to do with these audio issues and are trying their best to relay our feedback and the priority of these issues back to the dev team. I get being unhappy about this but being mad or rude won't get anyone anywhere, if y'all are that unhappy then calmly ask for a refund instead. If you don't get anywhere with it try again a little later and talk to a different support advisor or through a different form of contact (email, chat, ticket, etc) and you will get it eventually.

• SS2828
    1 posts

I redownloaded the game again, this time default folder(windows ssd harddrive....). Guess what! no change, audio still shabby.

A company which bang the advertising drums so hard for their product, but realse this beta for sale, its just outrageous.
    I wonder why no gamereviewmagazin pick this up (politics? no invitations or prerealse version for testing next time if they lose somebodys favour?), they could help figering out what hardware/software configuration is needed for decent sound.

Warning! conspiracy theory incomming!
    Hardware/software which advertived as compatibel is not compatibel, this would make all refund legit, no matter who long somebody already played.

I found only one online artictle about it from gamepressure

I regret buying this game right after release, wasted to much time on changing configurations or reading this forum.

• tfwnoqtgf
    1 posts

I’m so truly disheartened that the game has this overwhelmingly glaring fault. I am the most tolerant of people when it comes to some things in games, so when there is something that I notice, its almost always a borderline expectation-shattering experience for me. All due to something that is universally done well in games these days. I haven’t played AC since Revelations and the preceding games, but I’m sure they sounded not too far off of AC:V’s state. You could probably argue we were just used to worse audio back then but like I’ve booted up my PS3 and played the original disc-copy of AC1 and it’s really not far off... I was concerned most with SJW-themes being near-hilariously forced down the necks of players or the glitchy mess that could plague the game as it has been described as online and for the previous AC games so much so that having an audio experience that would rival 2007’s games in quality was well and truly the absolute last thing I was worrying about.

As I said, I hadn’t played an AC game since Revelations so so don’t know if this is the norm that Ubisoft’s player base has just been putting up with but Jesus Christ it can’t be that surely.

Anyway, it’s the overall audio quality and not being able to hear songs on the ship at all that I’ve noticed thus far which have really come to ruin this game for me and everyone else from the sounds of things. I really hope a normal audio pack releases for PS5/XBS/PC as soon as possible as I don’t even want to continue playing the game right now given that it’s in a broken state & everything else seems good enough to warrant not wasting a first time experience due to something like this.

I fear that if they don’t do something soon, then either they never will, or the games hype will die out shortly as a result of its audio errors and then Ubi will just say well who cares it’s too late now to bring the audio up to a standard that games have been at for over a decade now... Either that or myself and others just refund as people have already begun to do.

Truly unfortunate.

• azazel140
    10 posts

@raski0611 its got to be cuz i would not like to think they missed this crucial component of gameplay intentionally....

• zhead_
    31 posts

@tfwnoqtgf I don't think the sound quality we are getting in Valhalla is what was planned. pretty sure it is suffering from a bug or unintended effects in the current state. It can even be something simple as merging the wrong sound files (low quality, placeholders, testing branch) into the final release instead of merging the propper ones. I can't really say why this happened but it is for sure not intended to be as bad when previous installments were not.

• milmitt
    11 posts
  • CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 51 posts

@zhead_ At this point, we can only speculate why they decided to release the game with sound quality this bad. The most logical explanation is to meet distribution criteria, but quality should never be sacrificed to such an extreme degree in order to meet that criteria. I hope they never intended for this mess to hit the market; and if they manage to clear it up, all is forgiven. Until then, the sound in this game is quite possibly the worst quality and presentation I have ever experienced from any AAA title to date.

• KAER__
    7 posts

We are one step closer as the audio issue is listed on "Reported Issue Megathreads". Let's hope we get it done in no time.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hi everyone! First, I'm extremely sorry for the delayed response here. Support has been working very hard to help all the players coming our way needing assistance. Second, I greatly apologize for the inconvenience that any of these audio bugs may have caused you. If you're still experiencing them at this time, my first recommendation would be to complete our technical troubleshooting guide. Those steps are quick to complete and tend to resolve various technical problems while also potentially correcting bugs! However, if the steps in that guide do not help, it would be very helpful if you could provide as much detail as possible regarding these problems. Videos of the audio bugs would also be greatly appreciated, as I can easily get them reported to the team. Thank you!

Official Response
  • nonAx85
    22 posts

i don't understand how the audio can be this scuffed, some people have echoes, some have muffled sounds, some have stutters, there are so many different ways the audio is scuffed it's incredible.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 421 posts

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the audio quality.

I have passed your feedback onto the team.

Official Response
  • J_A_Y_24
    14 posts

@ubi-swaggins Not just a one person thing I have also noticed that Audio levels are louder for Eivor than they are for every other person that talks in cutscenes, it nearly sounds like his speech has been boosted.

• Dilvn
    1 posts

I don't know how anybody could let audio quality like this slip into their AAA game. My microwave has clearer audio.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

@j_a_y_24

Count me in, now we 3

• DeafNoEyes
    1 posts

PS4 Pro here to confirm I have the same issues. Audio just sounds strange, songs/conversations on the boat sound like they're being done in a mead hall, combat and loot sounds like it's inside a tin can. Sometimes soundtrack stutters, but that only happened three times so far in 3-4 hours of gameplay.

I can honestly deal with gameplay jank even if I wish there was more polish to the game, but the horrible audio makes it really hard to get my full enjoyment. From all the Triple A and Indie games I played, this is honestly amongst the worst, and this is clearly not how the game developers intended it because the few sounds that work right sound great.

Plz fix, cus I enjoy the game otherwise.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 421 posts

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

The team are aware of this and are investigating.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Official Response
  • Raski0611
    107 posts

@ubi-swaggins

Unser Investigation, hm sounds one step further.

Fix this and make Ubisoft great again

Cant wait to finally Play this Game and came across a gamebreaking questbug.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

@ubi-swaggins Thank you! We look forward to hearing more from the team.

• PleDaruZ
    2 posts

@klamhest
    Thats exactly how my game sounds as well.
    So depressing. 😠

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 51 posts

To let everyone know here, I have posted a more comprehensive write-up covering the sound issues across the past three Assassin's Creed games.

I'm trying to raise awareness of the issue, to educate, and to hopefully prevent this problem from becoming a trend within the gaming industry.

Please take the time to read through and contribute any feedback that might be useful.

Thank you to everyone for speaking up!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/jx8lpc/analysis_assassins_creed_highlights_a_very/

It's a lengthy post, so I would advise having a cup of tea at the ready.

Best regards.

Suggested Topics