Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AstroCat
    17 posts

Any progress on this issue, dev acknowledgement at all? Still waiting to start playing Valhalla. Super ironically playing CP2077 in the mean time, actually having a great time! 🙂

• brewdir
    1 posts

I can throw my name in the ring that yes, the audio is very bad in this game and is immersion breaking. I'm very disappointed in what would otherwise be a very fun game! The bad audio just kills it for me.

• Earlesj
    3 posts

@ryusennin that seems like it's going to be the case with me as well sadly.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Pretty sure this won't be fixed to be honest. I don't think they see this as an issue.

• White-Wolf._
    3 posts

The audio issue makes the game unplayable.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

@revengefire

Funny and sad at the same time.

• Shuar
    34 posts

@Ubi, can we have this thread closed?
    As the issue wont be solved, and you wont even acknowledge it, at least I think we deserve some peace of mind and not come everyday to this [censored] post to check for further information.

Thanks.

• Currywurst120
    7 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Any news? It's been almost 2 months and we still don't have accurate information. Still nothing at all under the new known issues... My first Assassins Creed which I can't play.

• Ryusennin
    93 posts

One thing is certain, this game could have never been Atmos certified. Even Origins does actually sound much better.

• Zorek67
    13 posts

11/01/2021, still couldn't play the game due to the awful audio mixing. Can you [censored] move your smelly [censored] and fix your game ? this is an absolute shame. The game is out since 2 months and I can't touch it because the sound is just a total immersion killer.

• Dworkin_CZ
    6 posts

OK, so we've seen some class actions being filed against CD Projekt, the developer of Cyberpunk 2077. It seems like a new era is coming in which the developers will also have courts of law to fear if they make bad games. I welcome it wholeheartedly.

More on the topic at hand - why isn't the broken audio still made a known issue after two months of us asking Ubisoft to at least formally acknowledge the issues? What are they waiting for? A legal action? Well, the time seems to be ripe for those.

• Attanno_
    32 posts

I would like to add my complaint to the existing ones in hope of an acknowledgement of the audio issues especially in the "known issues" log.

It has been crystal clear that the audio design suffered big loss since Origins where the sound was already very muffled and low quality (the voices in particular). But as the author said, Valhalla is a new milestone in the history of bad sound design in gaming.

As it is such a prominent problem I can't see why answering the questions might help as the solutions were already given by the author but here I go :

• Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?

I started playing on release. All the updates installed and none of them improved the audio.

• What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X 570-P
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory: 16 Gb RAM
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

• What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?

HYPER X Cloud II. Sometimes stereo speakers where the issues are also very noticeable.

• What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?

Both 7.1 surround sound turned on and turned off. I even tried mono which is kinda more bearable as it hides the issues by flattening the overall sound but it is far from being a solution.

• Problems:

Muffled sound
    Inconsistent levels (dialogues can go from very loud to almost inaudible in a second, onomatopeia are very lound compared to the rest of the sounds etc)
    sizzling on most of the sounds and voices (lots of compression artifacts in general)
    flat sound
    Lack of spacialization
    Echoing
    Very poor overall audio quality

Please do something about this problem as soon as possible. I stopped playing the game in the wait for a solution to those audio issues. Please keep us updated on the resolution of this problem, don't make it like Origins where the problem was mentionned many times without ever receiving a solution.

Thanks

• WHYS0SERI0US__
    1 posts

I think i've been pretty patient with this game but this as to be a joke i had the time to finish cyberpunk twice and it's still not fixed. audio still sounds crunchy and low quality... can't even refund. I don't think i'll ever buy an ubisoft game at launch ever again. good lesson

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 50 posts

@whys0seri0us__ It's been a while but wanted to check in with the thread. Sad that the issue still persists and seems to be brushed under the rug based on recent patch notes and official statements. This was the first AC game I ever pre-ordered, and I feel exactly the same way. I really wanted to believe that they wouldn't make such a huge compromise in the sound department this time round, but it ended up being worse than before.

• AstroCat
    17 posts

Title Update 1.1.1 coming tomorrow, not a single thing about the totally broken and horrible sound issues that ruin the game. Such a bummer, will they ever even take a look at this issue? It so bad and obvious I never have been able to get past the first 10min of the game. How is this not a tier 1 issue?

• cronucks
    5 posts

I tried asking for a refund, given the lack of official acknowledgement – unless you count https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/updated-12-01-reported-issue-megathreads-check-here-for-your-issue, but those are issues 'under investigation by Ubisoft support' and 'not all of these issues are yet recognised / under investigation by the developers'.

This is the answer I received:

Unfortunately, in this instance no refund is possible for your Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition because your refund request does not comply with our refund policy.

For more clarification regarding our refund policy please see our FAQ:
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-au/Article/000062176/Requesting-a-Refund-for-Digital-Purchases

However please rest assured that the development team are aware of the reported issue with audio quality and investigating it. Please keep an eye on our official website and forum for future news and updates of the game:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/game/assassins-creed/valhalla
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/25/assassin-s-creed?lang=en-US

The silver lining I guess is that this is as close as it comes to an official acknowledgement. Yet if they are investigating it, why is not reported on the list of known issues? https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-8?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

Meanwhile I am quite incensed I paid premium price for a new game (not a preorder) with such dysfunctional audio – especially after such good reviews that gave me no indication this could be an issue for me going in. As @CaptainStarPaw said previously, I tend to dismiss the graphics/audio of online videos due to their variable quality.

It is only after running the game (which nullifies your ability to refund – how dodgy is that to begin with) I found out about the terrible audio. I feel quite cheated to be honest.

---

Ubisoft: 'Hey Valhalla players, here's a tune an official acknowledgment for you!'
    Valhalla players: still waiting for sound acknowledgement

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

@cronucks the physical box states that the game supports Dolby Digital and DTS. Surely you can get a refund on the basis of receiving an item that is not as described? I don't know where you are, but that is certainly an EU and UK law.

• Noir-ceuil
    3 posts

I am so angry at them right now. Not an inch of a statement about this issue. It's been 3 monthes that we are waiting for a proper patch or a good explanation.

Why Ubisoft can't fix the sound ?

• BoBaggs
    4 posts

Beyond disappointed at Ubisoft for not fixing this. Was honestly expecting this to be taken care of by the holiday. Really glad I was able to return the game. They've officially ruined Assassin's Creed for me. I'm having nightmares that they're going to ruin Star Wars for me now too. 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics