Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BoBaggs
    4 posts

Beyond disappointed at Ubisoft for not fixing this. Was honestly expecting this to be taken care of by the holiday. Really glad I was able to return the game. They've officially ruined Assassin's Creed for me. I'm having nightmares that they're going to ruin Star Wars for me now too. 😞

• cronucks
    5 posts

@therealdaemon I am in Australia. We have the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission to oversee exactly these kind of disputes.

As per their Repair, Replace, Refund page (emphasis mine)

You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major.

and...

A product or good has a major problem when:
    - it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
    - it is significantly different from the sample or description
    - it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
    - it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
    - it is unsafe.

I think this specific situation fits the dot points I have highlighted above.

As a tangential issue, I am pretty sure their refund policy is unlawful. To quote that same page from the ACCC's website (emphasis mine) :

'No refund' signs and expired warranties

Signs stating ‘No refunds’ or ‘No refunds or exchanges on sale items’ are unlawful, as they imply that it’s not possible to get a refund under any circumstances, including for faulty items. In fact your consumer guarantee rights still apply. Retailers don’t have to give you a refund or exchange if you simply change your mind. Always check the store’s returns policy. Your rights under the consumer guarantees do not have a specific expiry date and can apply even after any warranties you’ve got from a business have expired.

But Ubisoft's digital purchases refund policy states (bold emphasis theirs, underlined emphasis mine):

You can request a refund for a digital order within 14 days of your purchase, as long as the content has not been launched.

Return requests for digital products can be submitted by selecting the Ask for a refund link next to the relevant product on the Order History page of the Ubisoft Store

Purchases for consumables, downloadable content, in-game currency, digital console keys or purchases from our in-game stores are final and not eligible for refunds.

So I just reported a consumer issue with the ACCC based on this, describing the issue at hand, complemented with screenshots of my interaction with Ubisoft support.

I would encourage other Aussies to do the same.

• Ask Ubisoft support for a refund
      • Indicate this is due to the audio issues.
    • If they refuse to issue a refund, file a consumer issue with ACCC on their site
      • Describe the audio issue as a 'major problem', link to this thread maybe and suggest a web search for more instances online
      • Indicate the fact your are being refused a refund
      • Indicate the fact that Ubisoft's refund policy is probably unlawful under Australian law.

I feel pretty bad for the devs tbh, it looks like another game that was released a tad too soon. However, there is no reason Ubisoft as a whole should get away with this without at least providing refunds where it seems more than appropriate.

• cronucks
    5 posts

@cronucks Replying to my own post since I can't edit anymore...

Remember the ACCC are the ones that brought us Steam's refund model worldwide!

• VanixLH
    14 posts

@therealdaemon They have also refused my refund saying that if a game is launched once it cannot be refunded anymore. They're happily breaching the law and my statutory rights as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in the UK. I have informed them of this and they are adamant that they will not refund me, so I am also looking into pursuing legal action at the moment. I recommend everyone who has their refund request rejected look up their local consumer rights law and if you are within your statutory right to receive a refund you should look into filing a formal complaint to the appropriate legal body.

• azullFR
    1031 posts

@vanixlh
    in UK seem's to be : Trading Standards Office
    https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office

at least 1 case has already been sent from to them... at least...

• Shuar
    34 posts

@ibarix2 No you didn't! Your problem was not related to the issue at hand!

This thread is about:

Bitrate / Dynamics & Balance / Muffled Sounds / Stuttering / Volume

• ibarix2
    5 posts

@shuar I'm sorry you can't read. The thread is called "Audio Issues (inc. Bitrate, Muffled Sounds, Stuttering etc.)

Educate yourself on abbreviations "inc" and "etc" so you can read with comprehension. My post was ON topic.

• Shuar
    34 posts

@ibarix2 keep playing your low bitrate sound game then! The OP didn't mention missing sounds. You solved nothing. Making the dev team believe you did wont help the cause.

• azullFR
    1031 posts

@ibarix2
    The exact title of this topic is :
    Audio Issues: Bitrate / Dynamics & Balance / Muffled Sounds / Stuttering / Volume etc. | POST HERE

Your solution is a solution for one of the "etc."

So ( it's my point of view ) it's on topic, ok
    But it's not THE solution of this topic, as is, using "I found the solution" without mentioning that it was only for missing sounds
    ( = one of the "etc" ) has a great, great chance to be misleading ...
    The fear people here have this topic beeing ignored is easily understandable.

Nice day to you and to all 🙂

• Raski0611
    107 posts

The only fix i found was, i deleted ac valhalla and play cyberpunk(audio good).

50€ and zero fun with valhalla, so far only anger and desperate hope.

• NachtEuleX
    1 posts

Still no fix after 3 or 4 Patches idk what to say. thanks ubisoft
    im done with ubisoft see ya

• AstroCat
    17 posts

And another update to the Known Issues list, not a word on sound or audio of any kind! Such a bummer, is AC:V audio broken forever?
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-22?lang=en-US

• Shuar
    34 posts

@astrocat Yes

• xolom112
    1 posts
    And another update to the Known Issues list, not a word on sound or audio of any kind! Such a bummer, is AC:V audio broken forever?
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-22?lang=en-US

This is so sad, i don't want to believe it. It's such a simple thing to provide not highly compressed audio (maybe additionally if you may want to save space?). It would make many of us happy, but it looks like that it's not their goal to make us happy. These times only money is the goal. Almost every game suffers from that philosophy these days. Really sad and it makes me angry too.

• azullFR
    1031 posts

@xolom112
    Their next annual financial report is for march 30 2021 .... about 68 days... they need cash :))

• deelee24
    1 posts

I've played the Assasssin's Creed series for years and was always blown away by the quality and composition of the soundtracks. I find it really immerses you in the atmosphere of the game, gives a feel of the time period you are playing in as well as the emotion and tone of the storyline and for me is a crucial part of game enjoyment. I have barely been able to hear or discern any music in this game. The only soundtrack I've heard is what I have listened to on Spotify. Very disappointing.

• Attanno_
    32 posts

@astrocat I fear that if the audio issues are adressed (and that's far from being certain) it'll only be once the "game breaking" and most visible bugs are corrected.

To me the bad audio is the most annoying thing in the game but it seems like most of the people don't care about it (just look at how none of the major reviewers ever mentionned the poor audio quality).

Would be nice to soon have feedbacks from a Ubi official on this forum.

• rmcmahon876
    1 posts

@theaffs I'm genuinely really worried that this won't get fixed, ruining the experience and I really like the game

• HieromAlex
    32 posts

@UbiQuB3 @Ubi-Woofer
    can we have some updates about the situation please ?

• vizionblind
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer any updates to share? in the upcoming patches page there is NOTHING about audio fixes.
    @UbiQuB3 

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics