Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 262 posts

Thank you so much for those answers, HieromAlex. I'll get all of these passed along for the development team to help in their investigations. I also very much appreciate the video you provided as well!

Official Response
  • Attanno_
    32 posts

@ubi-woofer

What platform(s) do you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
    PC

Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. compression, low bitrate, poor quality).
    The audio is of bad overall quality, it sounds compressed, lots of artifacts of compression can be heard while playing such as sizzling, echo/reverb, muffled sound and this happen not only on all the voices in game but all the sounds in general such as footsteps, fighting sounds, foliage sound, wind, ambiant sounds etc

Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020?
    I play the game since day one

Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues?
    Since the very begining of the game during the first cinematic which sounded awful in quality as well as not balanced (some sounds covering the other, uneven volume for the dialogue etc.)

What is your audio set-up? What type of audio output is in use?
    I have the HyperX Cloud II. I tried the headset plugged in jack, and via USB.
    I tried the game on stereo speakers (don't remember the model)
    For every one of these tests, I tried in Windows to setup the audio output in mono, stereo and in 7.1

Provide a screenshot of your in-game audio settings
    At the beginning of the video

Provide a video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing

Notice how the sound is of very bad quality (can assure this is not due to Youtube compression, I even uploaded the clip in 2k to be sure compression won't be held against me as a justification for the bad audio), notice how it is sizzling, echoy, poor, flat and of overall bad MP3 quality.

I tried the game after every patch, the audio always sounded and still sound as awful as on launch day.

Once again I answer your questions, providing an extended review of this problematic and this time with a video uploaded in 2K, the problem still isn't corrected and still is really obvious.

I hope that soon I'll be able to stop working to fix this game and finaly be able to enjoy playing it after shelving it for 9 months now.

Thanks

• Attanno_
    32 posts

Hi guys,

I saw people on resetera talking about AC:V horrible audio quality. Their thread is still fresh and I think it would be great for all of us to inform them of the existence of this sub so they can also voice their dissatisfaction and provide tangible exemples of the issues they've been facing.

I don't have a resetera account and can't seem to be able to create one so if any of you have resetera account please use this link https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassins-creed-audio-what-the-hell.462009/ and bring those resetera guys here so they can help the cause.

Thank you in advance.

• W00P4
    2 posts

Hello everyone!

I'm amazed how Marketing team at Ubisoft does such a "good job" saying that Ubisoft "listens" the comunity and YET this HUGE issue that would take you less time to FIX is not yet FIXED!

Where are the comunity managers to help the comunity that actually cares about the experience of the game?? I mean that is all the marketing team keeps saying, "go into to the wild places of england" later "ireland" and soon to be "paris", "immerse yourself" bla bla bla. and yet you keep not fixing the most annoying problem of all for pc players that usualy play with headsets the SOUND!!! its like you dont play the game, to actually care about this small Huge problem that exists in this game, and came on the other 2 tittles. What scares me the most is the fact that you want to make a Game as Service kind of game out of Assassins Creed franshise and yet you keep recicling sounds since AC 1 and compressing them till the point it is now wich is ridiculous, how is it possible from such company to make a tittle like this and not even make possible for people to download the HD Sounds, please give us the opnion! those who have HD space issues, dont download it, those who dont mind, at least can enjoy the game to its fullest!

Dont let this thread die in vain, as it still pains a lot of players that been waiting for a solucion for well over a YEAR!

Without further ado,

W00P4

• YazX_
    162 posts

@w00p4 i hear you man, to be honest i'm not sure if Ubisoft is going to ever fix it and provide high quality sound files, usually from technical standpoint, they consider this as low priority or enhancement and not a major issue, so the dev team has a list of issues starting from major to enhancements to work on, with all the development work they have in addition to fixing the listed issues, i believe there will be no time to fix this.

keeping this thread alive will make no difference, this issue has been listed in the issues mega thread since release but its not acknowledged as a known issues so far, which means the dev team is not looking into it.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for providing us with additional reports of the audio issues you're encountering in-game. These are incredibly useful to the development team for further investigation. If you are encountering trouble with audio quality in-game, and you have not already provided us with a report, please provide us with as much as the following information as possible:

Please answer the following questions for the development team:

• What platform(s) do you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
    • Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. compression, low bitrate, poor quality).
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020?
    • Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues?
    • What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.? Please list the exact devices and their model numbers / names if possible.
      • If using a headset, do you notice any difference if you are using it wired or wireless?
    • What type of audio output is in use? (i.e. 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?)

Please provide the relevant resources below for the development team to review:

• (PC) Provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your MSINFO and DXDIAG files in a support case
    • Provide details of any troubleshooting steps already attempted, including the make / model numbers of any alternative audio devices tested
    • Provide a screenshot of your in-game audio settings
    • Provide a video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing (please upload this to an external site such as YouTube, and provide the link here in the thread)

@HieromAlex - Thank you for taking the time to provide answers to the questions asked by @Ubi-Woofer! Would you also be able to provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your system files (MSinfo / DxDiag) in a support case. Once you have opened a support ticket, please can you share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure these are included in your report to the development team.

@Attanno_ - Thanks for sharing your report with us as well! We've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at the information you've provided, as well as the video. Would you also be able to provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your system files (MSinfo / DxDiag) in a support case. Once you have opened a support ticket, please can you share your ticket number within this thread so we can ensure these are included in your report to the development team.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Hubris423
    2 posts

After seeing the last update the only fix for audio was adding missing sound fx, I dont think they will ever fix it, by doing so they would have to redo all the audio sound FX in the game. And that would cost a lot of money and time. AC has always had bad audio, I think its their studio that they use isnt a triple A studio. So to that I vow to never buy another AC until they fix this. So good luck to you all. And support me in this stand.

• HieromAlex
    32 posts

@ubi-borealis
    ticket number: 15098876

• Attanno_
    32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Attanno_
    32 posts

@ubi-borealis

Was able to fill a ticket via Ubi Support FB DMs.

Ticket number : 15097208

Also here are my specs : 

- Windows 10 x64
    - AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X 8 core
    - NVIDIA RTX 3070
    - 16 Gb of RAM
    - Game installed on 1Tb NVME drive

• caosck
    452 posts

Hello everyone

what do you think of the sound effects of valhalla in this video

does it sound bad?

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 262 posts

@HieromAlex and @Attanno_ Thank you so much for those updates. I recommend keeping an eye out on your individual tickets for updates and additional questions / steps!

@Herman_vd_Dool There should be an option to adjust ambient noises, and to adjust dialogue. Is Eivor too loud when speaking? Or when moving around and doing things in-game?

@caosck The video sounds good to me! The voices sound a bit echo-y, is that what you're referring to?

Official Response
  • caosck
    452 posts

@ubistorm
    I'm the only user who has never complained about poor sound ..!
    indeed I'm curious to understand why all these users are unhappy, so I want to collect feedback to get an idea ...

I want to understand the judgment of these users

• Attanno_
    32 posts

@caosck

To me the sound is quite muffled in this clip. The sound is super flat, there's not depth and a lack of impact. Also some of the sounds are echoy. Overall the sound is poor and scratching like a 128 KBPS MP3.

@UbiStorm were you able to notice the issues we're talking about while listening to the other videos we provided ?

For all of you who are not convinced by the videos we provided as you think the sound might be overly compressed by Youtube, there's a gaming website hosting non compressed videos it's called Gamersyde. Here's a clip from AC: Valhalla from them : https://www.gamersyde.com/video_assassin_s_creed_valhalla_ps5_gameplay_4k_-45444_en.html the artifacts of compression can truely be heard throughout this clip.

• Attanno_
    32 posts

There is like a veil on the audio, the whole thing sounds verry messy.

• caosck
    452 posts

@attanno_
    ok, can you link me a video of a previous AC, where do you think the best audio?

may i know what you use to listen? possibly brand name model

• Attanno_
    32 posts

@caosck well the purpose of this thread is not to say how the game audio used to be better or not with previous installments but more to say that AC: Valhalla's audio quality is very bad compared to industry's standards, that the source of this problematic is identifiable as well as identified and that it should be corrected.

The audio issues are horrendous and shall not be overlooked.

As for my personal set up I don't really understand how it will allow you to help me facing the audio issues, but so be it : I have a Hyper X cloud II 7.1 Headset.

• caosck
    452 posts

@attanno_
    ok,
    I want to understand your way of listening
    can you please link me an example of acceptable audio in your opinion? video link pls

I'm interested in understanding what you use to listen I am a sound engineer, so even just for personal culture, it is my explicit curiosity to understand what makes you so unhappy! 🙂

statistically I understand that most of the users who have complained of poor audio use headphones or earphones.. Interesting...

(where are you from?)

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 50 posts

@caosck There is a very simple reason why people here are unhappy, and a sound engineer is not required in order to come to the same conclusion. AC:Valhalla sounds like Napster-era garbage. To answer your question previously, I am a Sound Engineer that has worked in the industry, and I have studied for both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in the field. I work with audio on a daily basis, but stating this is superfluous.

Facts are facts, and even though there is a small degree of subjectivity concerning audio quality (age and equipment are a factor), our ears do not lie.

You seem to be personally interested in the people posting comments here, and honestly, I find that peculiar.

People need to stay on-topic and provide Ubi with exactly the information they have requested, and in a concise manner.

• caosck
    452 posts

@captainstarpaw
    ok, post a video to understand your opinion of "quality audio" on the video game

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics