Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 125 Likes/537 Replies/30262 Views
    Attanno_
    34 posts

Hi @Ubi-Woofer

Don't hesitate to give us some insight on the way this problem is being adressed by the devs or even acknowledged by them.

The situation is really frustrating, especially since I filed a ticket through Ubisoft Support FB DMs (as asked by staff of this thread) and one of the support staff came back to me saying that there was no problem and that the audio of the game was "normal".

Hope some of you guys can really hear the problem we've been talking here for so long and that it'll be adressed at some point.

Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Rest assured that the player support team are in regular communication with the development team about these audio issues, @Attanno_. Once we have any updates or new information to share from the developers, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

If you are encountering trouble with the audio sounding compressed / of low bitrate / poor quality, and you have not yet provided us with a full report, we encourage that you take the time to provide us with as much of the following information requested by the development team:

Please answer the following questions for the development team:

• What platform(s) do you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
    • Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. compression, low bitrate, poor quality).
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020?
    • Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues?
    • What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.? Please list the exact devices and their model numbers / names if possible.
      • If using a headset, do you notice any difference if you are using it wired or wireless?
    • What type of audio output is in use? (i.e. 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?)

Please provide the relevant resources below for the development team to review:

• (PC) Provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your MSINFO and DXDIAG files in a support case
    • Provide details of any troubleshooting steps already attempted, including the make / model numbers of any alternative audio devices tested
    • Provide a screenshot of your in-game audio settings
    • Provide a video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing (please upload this to an external site such as YouTube, and provide the link here in the thread)

This information is incredibly helpful for the development team as they investigate this issue further. If you open a support ticket to share your system files, please can you share your ticket number within this thread? This helps us to ensure that all of the information you've provided is forwarded to the developers.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Freeman_067
    8 posts

Answers of the following questions for the development team:

• What platform(s) do you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on ?
      • PC
    • Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. compression, low bitrate, poor quality)
      • Poor quality
      • Sound effects echo and too loud
      • The volume of sound effects associated with Eivor (breathing, footsteps in the snow, fall, escalation) are very loud and have echo compared to the rest of the game while the volume of the sound effects is at 20%
      • Note : I'm french and I play with French settings and voices
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020 ?
      • I started to play Valhalla one month after the release, in the middle of December 2020
      • I launched the game after every update to check if the sound quality is fixed
    • Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues ?
      • During the first minutes of gameplay while fighting or walking in the snow or during escalation or after falling in from high place
    • What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.? Please list the exact devices and their model numbers / names if possible.

Relevant resources below for the development team to review:

• Provide details of any troubleshooting steps already attempted, including the make / model numbers of any alternative audio devices tested
      • I tested the audio on my monitor Iiyama PL2488H, no differences

• Provide a video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing (please upload this to an external site such as YouTube, and provide the link here in the thread)
  • Freeman_067
    8 posts

@freeman_067 I also tried with English voices and French subtitles.
    The Evoir's voice and sound effects are also very strange sometimes, during cutscenes and gameplay. Here is the video :

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Freeman_067! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for providing us with such a detailed full report, as well as some videos of the audio issues you've encountered. I'm sorry that you've had some trouble opening a support ticket. Thanks for taking the time to submit your system files in a Google Drive folder, as well as including more information about your audio system and system specs. This is all very helpful for the team!

I've forwarded your report to the development team so they can use it in the ongoing investigation. If the team have any additional questions for you, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Freeman_067
    8 posts

@freeman_067 @Ubi-Borealis
    I also tried with VOSTFR and default audio settings.
    The problems mentioned (sound effects too loud, and the echo on eivor's voice) are much more visible / noticable ! Hope it will help the developers / support team !
    Sound effect too loud : All along the video
    Echo / Strange effect on eivor's voice : At the end of the video (there is an in-game dialogue)
    Here is the video :

• HieromAlex
    33 posts

@freeman_067
    yeah, Dag's voice is sometimes too low, and kind of suggest he's far away.
    and the echo on Eivor's voice, at that time of the game, I thought to myself "eh, there are mountains, there is snow, maybe the echo comes from that" ahah

• Attanno_
    34 posts

Just read the 1.3.1 patch note... Another month, another patch and still nothing about an audio fix. This is depressing and enraging.

• Freeman_067
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer Do you have any news from the development / support team about the various audio problems ?
    Could they have reproduced the problems ? Do they have any solutions, ideas, news to give us ?
    Were they able to move forward on solving the problems ?

It's been a few months since the problems have been reported and the next patch is fall 2021.
    This silence leads us to think that all our messages are ignored or not taked in account by the development team, and that these problems will never be fix (that's the feeling i have).

Don't hesitate to keep us informed !

• Freeman_067
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 477 posts

@freeman_067 Hello!

Thanks for reaching out for an update on this. At the moment the team are taking in additional reports to help with investigation and replication of the issue.

I can see that you've already supplied this information and I can confirm that this data has made its way to the team. Apologies for any disappointment caused due to the sound not being listed in the patch notes for 1.3.1.

Official Response
  • Attanno_
    34 posts

@ubi-nacho Please be aware that I do not want to be disrespectful towards you or any member of the support team with this response.

How is the team "taking in additional reports to help with investigation and replication of the issue" ? There is no need for replication of the issue because the issue is always there. It's not like the audio issues only appear in certain situations, it is noticeable all the time because the audio as a whole is compromised.

If the problem was really investigated on, one should not have any difficulty to acknowledge it, as one only have to play the game with sound on to notice the problem.

After the game being out for more than 10 months and this thread open for 9, I truely believe that you guys can't even hear the problem we're discussing here. The only thing that Ubi knows is that hundreds of people are displeased with the state of the audio as it is now, but they will not or cannot do anything because for Ubi there is no problem.

I truely can't believe that you cannot find any audiophile or competent audio designer to acknowledge the problem and finally start working on a solution instead of "trying to replicate the issue".

I may sound harsh but I think that I own the right to be harsh as it has been almost a year since I've been shelving the game, that I paid full price on release, because the state of the audio as it is now makes it unplayable for me. Also, it seems that I've been losing my time checking this thread everyday, reviewing the issue and answering all of your questions, I'm kinda [censored] I admit.

By the next update the game will be out for a year or so and the issues will still not be corrected. I feel disrespected.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns with us, @Attanno_. As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Nacho, the development team are still investigating the reported audio issues at this time. The reports that you have taken the time to share within this thread have been very helpful during reproduction and testing.

As they continue to look into these issues further, they have asked for players who have not already to continue sharing their reports, as these can be used in the investigation. For players who have not yet shared their report with us, I encourage you to do so using the full template I will provide at the end of this reply.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all regarding for these audio issues. I understand that this is not the update you were hoping for following the release of TU 1.3.1, and would like to apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. I'd like to assure you that the team are investigating the reports that have been shared with us, and that the player support team are checking in with the investigation regularly. As soon as we have any new information available to share, we will let you know within the forums.

I have passed on your feedback to the dedicated team. In the meantime, please feel welcome to continue sharing your experiences within this thread, as well as any questions or concerns you may have.

If you have not yet shared a report with us, please can you take the time to answer the following questions for the development team:

• Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. compression, low bitrate, poor quality).
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020?
    • Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues?
      • If using a headset, do you notice any difference if you are using it wired or wireless?

• (PC) Provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your MSINFO and DXDIAG files in a support case

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • ShakyDoehl
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I bought the game on release and started my first run on that particular day...sadly mit GPU was too bad at that time to get to 60fps, so i stopped until yesterday and had the same sound issues i had at the start, which i wished to be fixed by now.
    So as i want this to be solved, cause i want to enjoy the game, i provide as much information as i can.

I play on PC

I got Echoes on basically everything, mainly in dialogues and people speaking in the environment as well as to loud audio in conversations. Sounds sometimes are a little too high pitched as well.

I started playing before the 1st update.

Realized the sound issues right from the start, first scenes i can remember, were on the way to the first village we get to back in Scandinavia. Back there i already tried every setting i could, switched language, dynamic audio, switched to speakers and so on.

I am using a wired HyperX Cloud Alpha on Stereo (i think)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Nvidia GTX960 in November, now Nvidia RTX 3060TI, 16GB RAM, Mainboard by Gigabyte Mortar 560 i think,

I reinstalled the game, installed every update to this point, updated my graphics drivers, direct x any headset drivers. Speakers are some old Wavemaster shinanigans.

Cant do a Screenshot, but my Dialogue Boost is off, switched Dynamic Audio from full to night, collisions off, language german.

If you cant hear the echo, turn up the volume a little, it is there, i promise 😉

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ShakyDoehl! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your full report with us, and for including a video which demonstrates the echoes you're encountering in-game. I've taken a look at your video and I can hear the echoing sounds you're describing. Thank you for letting us know more about your audio set-up as well as what troubleshooting steps you have tried to alleviate the issue. I'm sorry to hear that the audio issues persist for you.

I've passed on your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. I can see that they're still investigating this issue further, and we haven't yet got any updates to share with you all regarding the audio issues you have reported. As soon as we have any new information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SHADOW2KK
    3 posts

Been playing since release on PC.

Specs are Ryzen 5900 X, RTX 3080 OC, RAM 32GB @ 3600 MhZ, and for months I have watched with growing annoyance that so many people have reported issues with sounds and yet still nothing has been done about it, despite numerous official replies that it is being worked on, when, if ever, is the ETA for sound issues being fixed?

My personal issue, although some of the sound issues are annoying, but not anywhere near as annoying as being on a raid and barely able to hear the rousing music by Einar from Warduna, I wonder if Einar is aware that many people on all platforms can barely hear his music, when that is the whole point of the immersion building on the raids, to hear the music, and roar with bloodlust and storm the AO.

I have been trying to use Peace to try and get something to work with, and it does make a little difference in terms of quality, but still not ideal, now the point is, that is not our job to come out with many workarounds to actually hear the music properly in game, but the responsiblity of Ubisoft to provide decent quality sound, like pretty much every other game in the universe, and considering the length of time this has been dragging out for, how hard can it be?

Now pardon my frustration, I have tried to reach out to Support, but lo and behold the vast majority of the time it does not work, I have tried to reach out via Discord to Ubisoft about this issue, and no reply.

Now personally i love Valhalla, always wanted a Viking related game that I can get into, and this is it, but nothing is more frustrating that being unable to hear raid music properly, not to mention a number of crashes since latest patch.

I mean seriously, what is it you guys do? ignore billions of posts on forums and numerous bug reports, yet still do nothing to sort the audio issues?.

I mean, I am sorry, there is just so many times that an official response saying the teams are looking into it blah blah blah will carry on for, people who purchased your game want results, considering the music was fine months ago not long after release IMO, in the essence I could actually HEAR the raid music properly, and tried everything from my end to alleviate this frankly annoying issue.

Please for the love of Odin fix this.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hey there @shadow2kk - welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us about the audio issues you have been experiencing, and please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience or disruption caused by these. I can fully appreciate how you would want to enjoy the background music and sound effects to the full extent, and fully immerse yourself in the game world.

You have already provided parts of the requested information, but I would like to ask that you fill in the following template in full so that we can pass forward a comprehensive report from you:

Please answer the following questions for the development team:

An ETA for a fix is not something that we are able to provide, as the audio issues have proven to be complex for the developers to investigate, and particular issues have not been able to be reproduced while others have. We will continue to update threads like this one with any news we receive, but for the moment, the latest update we have is that additional reports and system files would be appreciated for the team to investigate as they continue to diagnose the causes of these audio issues. Please rest assured that the team are not ignoring reports such as these, and neither are we on the side of support; you are always welcome to reach out to us here on the forums for further assistance, or else in a support case or Live Chat. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • SHADOW2KK
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer

No offence matey, but I am pretty sure I already detailed my specs in my post and it is obviously on PC.

And I had already detailed my issues with the horrific sound quality on raids.

This is using 7.1 Surround Sound wired headset, Logitech G35 to be precise.

The quality of the music is abysmal, and it seems to be a generic issue with audio across all Ubi games on my account, every other game etc works absolutely fine in terms of audio.

This has been a ongoing matter for months and months, I must admit, bluntness aside, I have noticed a number of Ubi peeps say that the devs are aware of the issue, but to be honest, that might be the case, but I am not interested in whether the devs are aware, i am interested in whether the absymal sound quality is ever gonna be fixed, and maybe in the future for any game release by Ubisoft, stop messing with people and actually include decent audio experience for all.

Every other game and varying devs can manage, why on earth cant you lot?

And in terms of trying to supply my specs via MSINFO and DXDIAG, it simply does not work.

The audio for me anyways was fine long ago, not long after game release, then you guys messed it up with a patch and has been terrible in terms of audio quality ever since.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 51 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I know this is off-topic, so please accept my apology for bringing this up here; but is there an ongoing issue with the forum? I've been meaning to send some audio analysis samples to a fellow forum user on this thread, but I noticed that I am unable to send private messages. Are you able to look into this for me? Thank you.

• x_Raziel_x
    1 posts

I have just started to dig into the game. I have been enjoying it so far. BUT, the sound is indeed terrible. This is the worst quality sound I've heard in a game in years! Not only is the sound incredibly low quality/compressed but the mixing is a mess too. Come on Ubisoft, just be upfront that you know the sound quality is bad and provide a higher quality audio pack for us to download.

Suggested Topics