Quick Suggestions

• 127 Likes/578 Replies/44374 Views
    HieromAlex
    40 posts

@aleplay
    yep. you have the same experience as I have since day one

• AlePlay
    701 posts

after finishing odyssey now i'm on origins as soon as I returned to Valhlalla, the difference is perceived in an ABYSSAL way ...

• AlePlay
    701 posts

I can't understand what could have "destroyed" the sound so much,

bad recordings could be one cause, but I doubt that Ubi can't afford great audio recording studios

so, I begin to suspect, that the problem could be the "environmental" algorithm that should simulate the proximity of the voice based on the diffusion position to the listening position.

another thing Important: In the audio menu I can't find any configuration: stereo speakers / headphones etc ...
    considering that we do not all use the same tools for listening, it would be appropriate to give this possibility to the user

(I mean, you have entered 100 options to calibrate stealth difficulty, reveal delay and parry)

when maybe it was better to focus on more important problems ..? 

• Hunncas
    1 posts

Hello,

I just bought and installed AC Valhalla, PC, as of 19/12/2021. The audio being horrible was the first thing I noticed. I don't have an audiophile headphone, nor do I nitpick about such things but this is very blatant.
    I was playing Dishonored, a 2012 game and the sound was completely fine on that...
    Some things I noticed/did:

1. Every character speaks with a slight echo at the end, very distracting.
    2. The music gets completely drowned out. I remedied it by setting the SFX to about 60% just so I could hear the song. This should have been default. Reminds me of the car in Cyberpunk, making it impossible to hear the radio in earlier versions.
    3. The enviroment sounds are weird. They sound distant, compressed, low quality. I've tried to turn up the sound all the way up to fix but even then it's unbalanced.
    4. I've tried every setting under the moon now. With/without enhancements such as bass boost or virtualization on my headphones, but it doesn't fix it.
    5. Verified my game's files. No avail.

Honestly, I'm considering a refund. This is apparently not a new problem and still no fix, no communication for months.

And let me just say. If you buy it in Epic Games Store, it doesn't work. You have to manually go and install the Ubisoft Launcher for the game to work. I didn't expect to have to go through so much busy work to play a game...
    AND THEN, I'm greeted with 6 unskippable videos every time I open the game. Had to go and manually remove each file...
    What a painful experience, honestly.

• HieromAlex
    40 posts

@hunncas
    you should get a refund. the devs said that they won't fix it because they have more important things to do...

• Benson.-.
    1 posts

I decided to reinstall the game again from ubisoft launcher to check about the audio quality . I uninstalled after 2h of playthrough , played it on launch and till now I didnt touch it.
    Nope- same cheap audio quality ... seriously ubi. such a rich studio such a rich title .. you cant even do it with a normal sound? I really dont understand how Ubisoft ignores this stupid issue.. I use Sennheiser HD6XX headphones, before that I used Corsair Void pro headphones- YOUR GAME sounds like a retro 1990s game, for real.. 128kbs audio quality!! literally unplayable .. how cant you notice such thing? why cant you just say that its too late, the game was already produced with such sound so there is no where to improve..
    Listen to your own game, compare it to other games please.. it sounds bad.. very bad!! I uninstalled the game again, I hope next AC will have a playable audio quality

• Rorschach_12
    6 posts

After correctly installing and starting the updated game Assassin's Creed Valhalla, there are problems with audio quality (game purchased in shop avaible on playstation 5 boxed version) [lack of sound detail, poor dialogue quality, audio distortions].

The rest of the games used on the console in the AV system are going perfect and with detailed sound.
    Also I tested AC Valhalla on headphones and still no change.

I am asking for suggestions and advice regarding the problem.
    Thank you in advance

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding the audio issues you've encountered in-game, as well as for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the investigation into this issue. I would like to reach out to you all with an update from the development team regarding their investigation into the audio quality reports shared within this thread.

After thorough investigation, the development team has confirmed that they will not be able to resolve these audio issues. Resolution of this issue would require an overhaul of the entire audio system from the ground up and is not feasible. As there has been a resolution for this investigation, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any impact this investigation has had on your gaming experience. Though this issue is now considered "resolved," please feel welcome to share your thoughts and feedback within this thread, and we will gladly forward these to the dedicated teams.

If you are encountering trouble with your in-game audio, we recommend enabling subtitles to aid comprehension of dialogue.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • revengefire
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the feedback. Now that we know that poor audio will not fix. Can I get a refund because the audio is as important as the gameplay for me and you admit that the game audio is just bad and does not respect what is expected for an assassin creed game.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @revengefire,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the audio in-game and would like to seek a refund. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, then you will need to open a support ticket with your refund request. Prior to opening a ticket, I would recommend that you first check the Ubisoft returns policies. All refund requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, but we are unable to guarantee your refund request will be granted if you don't meet the eligible criteria.

If you purchased your game from another retailer, then you will need to contact them for further support with this request.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 53 posts

@ubi-borealis I would be more sympathetic if this answer was given by a community representative from a small indie games company. The truth of the matter is this: Speaking from experience, in the software development world, I believe there is no such thing as "not feasible". It's about resources, time and money.

I don't work at Ubi, but it doesn't take much thought to realise that Ubi certainly has enough budget to fund the work required to overhaul the audio system. It would win a significant portion of fans back, and it would also show that the team cares about all aspects of the games they create. What is also disheartening, is that you are indirectly confirming that any future AC game using the same engine will suffer the same consequences.

Hopefully the limitations can be overcome with a future version of the engine, or something new entirely, because it is obviously being stretched to its limits.

Definitely not the update we were hoping for, but I am also not surprised given that it has been persistently getting worse with each iteration of this series.

I think it would be more accurate to label this thread as [WILL NOT FIX] rather than [RESOLVED].

There you have it folks. Nail in the coffin!

• HieromAlex
    40 posts

@Ubi-Borealis shamefull response, but I expected it considering the time it took to come back to us. and considering the fact to I suppose it would require to record all the audio files again (FX, dialogues etc).
    Please at least make sure that this problem won't happen again for the next game. that the audio engine is fixed, or that the audio files are recorded correctly.

I'm personally thinking to eventually play the game with no sound. or not playing at all. that's how bad the audio is...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @CaptainStarPaw & @HieromAlex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the outcome of this investigation. I know that you were both particularly involved in the investigation into these audio issues, and I would like to apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by the resolution. I have forwarded the feedback you have shared here with the dedicated teams, and would like to assure you that this feedback will also be considered for future titles.

If the development team decide to reopen the investigation into the current audio system, and if there are any changes made to the current system, then this information will be shared within patch notes posted in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • TheSmio
    87 posts

I never really noticed anything strange with the audio. Yes, it never felt great, but I didn't see that as an issue. However, I have finished Red Dead Redemption 2 recently and I noticed that there is a challenge in Valhalla, so I started the game up (I play on PC) and holy [censored], the audio sounds so bad in comparison to RDR that it's genuinely laughable a company like Ubisoft released this. I have been a huge AC fan ever since the first game, but seriously what the hell is this [censored]? It's like listening to a low-quality compressed MP3 via an old MP3 player, it's crazy. I can imagine that the devs did a lot of good work at recording audio, but the way the audio works in this game is just ridiculous.

I guess I never really noticed it because I never actually played much Valhalla with headphones and now that I did just that, I don't think I can continue playing. The fact this won't get fixed makes me even more angry, it's a massive issue. If anyone wants to reproduce this, then just play something like RDR2 with headphones and then switch to Valhalla. Night and day difference.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TheSmio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for including your feedback following the investigation into this issue. I'm sorry to hear that the in-game audio has impacted on your gaming experience. I've passed on your feedback to the dedicated teams.

If there are any updates made to the current audio system, then this information will be shared in patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Lann094
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for finally giving an update, as written on the wall as it was. Leading everyone on for over 2 years is absolutely poor form, when it was so painfully obvious this was never going to be fixed. This is very conveniently going to make it nigh on impossible for any of us to seek a refund for this broken product.

I've been an avid fan of Assassin's Creed since the first, but if this is now the stance of development that audio may as well be ridiculously low quality because the average player won't notice, then my time in the Animus has come to an end.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @Lann094. I'm sorry to hear that the in-game audio has impacted on your overall gaming experience whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I've shared your thoughts with the dedicated teams for further consideration.

If there are any future changes to be made to the in-game audio, this information will be published in patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

As we can confirm the development team will be unable to deploy a fix for this audio issue, we will now be locking this thread. You can read their full statement regarding this decision below:

After thorough investigation, the development team will not be able to resolve these audio issues. Resolution of this issue would require an overhaul of the entire audio system from the ground up and is not feasible. We recommend enabling subtitles to aid comprehension of dialogue.

If you have any additional feedback you would like to share regarding the audio experience in-game, then I recommend that you create a thread within our General Discussions forum.

If any changes are to be made to the audio in-game, then this information will be made available within patch notes shared in the News & Announcements forum

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics