ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RockSteel141
    Original poster 6 posts

Please stop buffing the AI and their guns. In the past 3 weeks I am starting to get wiped out a lot faster by the enemies. Challenging is turning into Heroic .

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    786 posts

@rocksteel141 Pretty sure they aven't updated the game in months and many people are actually angry due the lack of updates

• Metal_Greg
    139 posts

@xcel30 The devs have been known to implement changes to difficulty without telling anyone before.

• Metal_Greg
    139 posts

yeah, i've noticed that too on heroic. I was wondering if it was just me. still tho, there's no way to tell for sure. I wish the devs would actually acknowledge these posts and give some actual confirmation on the subject.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@metal_greg

That's not true. In fact, they've stated multiple times that if changes to AI are on the table, they would tell us about it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulHardMonkeyDogFace

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@sevennvd Out of curiosity, would changes do damage or accuracy of NPC weapons fall under AI?

And would the calculations of how PLAYER incoming damage were somehow altered, would that likewise fall under "NPC balance"?

• Imagine_Brata
    491 posts

@rocksteel141 Normal to challenge does not need to buff . But Heroic needs an enemy buff. Because they have nerf it to the ground

• xcel30
    786 posts

@sircowdog1 Well the dev quote from the clip is about NPCs values for balancing that includes changing their health and damage values. I made this joke before but unless devs put a goddanm asterisk for crazy people in every maintnance post that says they didn't touch NPCs values there will always be people going "sToP sHaDoW bUfFiNg NPCS". Can it happen with a big update? definetly and people have been right before,but in every goddanm maintnance is a bit much

• Metal_Greg
    139 posts

@sevennvd Hmmm, ok then maybe it's a bug like world difficulty stacking with mission difficulty or something.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@metal_greg I'm not denying people feel something is different. It can have a different explanation, like connections or bugs. All I'm saying is there are no intentional changes, or stealth changes just for the sake of messing with us players.

I'm not ruling out that NPCs behave more aggressive or passive based on how quick they are able to locate your position. That means, connection and ping matter and can vary per session. I'm no expert and have no clue if what I'm saying make sense, but in my head this is way more plausible than developers stealth changing code just to annoy us.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@sircowdog1 Yes, I think they mean all changes. Like I said in my other post, I think there could be other explanations why it sometimes feel like NPC'S act differently.

• Metal_Greg
    139 posts

@sevennvd well, i guess i just assumed they were making stealth changes without thinking of there motives. Now that I am thinking about it, you're totally right.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

I already know the response from a few. Is it possible that there is some variable that affects the game for some and not for others? Recently building up my mules. I have noticed as my gear gets more powerful, the NPCs have stopped charging me and now I have to chase them to get them to engage.

• SevenNVD
    87 posts

@yodaman3d

That's what I'm saying, and it wouldn't surprise me if this is the case. If the AI is programmed to, for example, accuracy to player is high when near and low when far away, and the server can't properly locate the player due to bugs or server connection, then some players will have a different experience over others. It could even vary per session for players in different regions of the world due to server density or something.

I'm in no way an expert in this stuff, but this sounds way more plausible to me then stealth changes.

• YodaMan3D
    0 posts

@sevennvd

So by design, it could appear to the player as a stealth nerf? For some time I have been under the belief this has been happening. The haters refused to believe, cause it wasn't happening to them. They was demanding proof. Even though update after update more players was coming forth and saying the AI was behaving different.

• alwaysblazed82
    11 posts

I think seven and yoda are on to something. Lately I've been using the deflector shield alot as a way to mix things up, but in doing so I have noticed that elite npc headshot accuracy is off the charts no matter how close or far away they are. Elite npc's are able to headshot me from across the room with an smg and not miss a single shot. I think that seven is right about the servers not being able to pick up the players position in relation to the npcs and it just defaults to the maximum accuracy values for each type of npc as a result.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

Erm.... "PLEASE BUFF THE AI AND THEIR WEAPON DAMAGE IN THE OPEN WORLD" or give me a Legendary open world... pretty please with sugar on top?

I love this thread, I love it after every tuesday schedule and after every TU and every other time it comes up. Nope, they did not stealth buff NPCs to give you a bad day; you just had a bad day.

• DIDJAMOM
    10 posts

@sevennvd What they say and what they do are 2 completely different things.

• RockSteel141
    Original poster 6 posts

To add to this thread, I have experienced it taking me 45 minutes to clear a Challenging level 3 Crash Site. AFTER the attempt to take over the CP a Elite Patrol, Elite Supply Convoy and 2 regular Convoys all arrived in a matter of 15 minutes . The magically appearing enemies suddenly appear 50 feet from where you're at while fighting off enemies. It gets utterly ridiculous in comparison to some Missions that don't take more than 20 minutes to complete. There is no question about it in my opinion the enemies are tougher now than they were 3 and 2 weeks ago. More enemies , more aggressive and some of the enemies taking Bullet King rounds to the face from 20 feet away still throwing a perfect grenade toss .

Something else I have recently turned on 5 directives in Challenging the only benefit is XP the loot is no better with Directives than it was without them.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@rocksteel141 I think directives improving loot drops only applies to The Summit and that it only increases the chance of a drop rather than its quality as quality is determined by how high up you go. On the seemingly chaotic nature of the open world, yeah it can get that way some times, but if it does it's usually because I forgot to clear the surrounding area or check the map for nearby activity -- not always as I have just been dumped on by this game many times.

Suggested Topics