ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

i had a more definitive proof that dificulty is indeed weird this season , the hunters on floor 100 , i did them countless times before and behaviour was more or less the same , this last time i REALLY noticed how much more agressive they are now , its like night and day , i guess someone is pushing updates with older builds of the game where you can clearly notice that some of the NPC behaviour that was adressed in the past like the pin point nades and senseless rushing is back in full force.

this clearly isnt one of those cases where players are just having bad days .

• the_Kettle
    264 posts

@richardoshea Directives do increase the probability of targeted loot drops in the open world (albeit only slightly) but as you say it only improves the chances of a drop happening, not the quality of the loot.

I've also had some instances of increase NPC aggressiveness recently, but it's really hard to tell if it's mostly just confirmation bias (I'm noticing it more because I'm looking for it) or if there's really a change in the average. I'm definitely not finding enemy grenade accuracy to have changed, they (black tusk excepted as usual) still miss more often than they hit at the longer ranges I usually play at. (And I remember pre-patch when every grenade thrown was guaranteed to land exactly where you where.)

I did notice some apparent increase in NPC aggro (hearing?) range the other day, doing a couple of different bounties in familiar locations but enemies from the next area were aggroing me and heading in my direction before I'd reached their area, catching me in 'transition' areas with little cover.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@the_kettle I was ignorant of that little extra info re open world drop rates, so thanks for that info. Oh boy.. remember when those grenades were heat seeking too and would follow you mid flight. That sort of thing can still happen though, they can be very accurate and very coordinated still so if you leave a drone op, grenadier and a car op to their devices they absolutely will coordinate their attacks and then it feels like you just got beemed by 5 drones, 3 grenades, a couple cars and the partridge just craps on you too as it flies by!

I kill that type of enemy as soon as possible because they can be way too much trouble -- the garage in DUA Legendary has so many blind spots and if you let them hide it gets gnarly.

I can't say I've noticed a difficulty change or harder hitting NPCs. I usually put that stuff on me and assume I just played poorly for it to have happened. I know I have some truly embarrassing moments when playing or just plain old suck for a day. It happens.

• Metal_Greg
    155 posts
    @the_kettle I was ignorant of that little extra info re open world drop rates, so thanks for that info. Oh boy.. remember when those grenades were heat seeking too and would follow you mid flight. That sort of thing can still happen though, they can be very accurate and very coordinated still so if you leave a drone op, grenadier and a car op to their devices they absolutely will coordinate their attacks and then it feels like you just got beemed by 5 drones, 3 grenades, a couple cars and the partridge just craps on you too as it flies by!

I kill that type of enemy as soon as possible because they can be way too much trouble -- the garage in DUA Legendary has so many blind spots and if you let them hide it gets gnarly.

cluster seekers are good for keeping those guys on their toes. cus while it may not even hit em it will keep em from sittin in cover and throwin out drones and such. I think this is what the devs had in mind for seekers, more of a CC thing that can also kill pretty good.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@metal_greg CC is what you'd use for that and the airburst seeker is far more effective at pushing something out of cover. Blinder is better at it too as they literally stand up and aimlessly wander slowly, foam pins them stood up, shock trap same, fire turret pushes them away, stinger makes them go around etc. The most effective of all for stopping that tech is the jammer and when in Eclipse Protocol build it can shut all tech down for the length of the battle.

Things that go boom are for killing. Seekers should kill more often than they do after the nerf around TU6-8. It won't change though. Even in a maxed out high ex build they're kind of meh now.

• ociwap
    8 posts

@rocksteel141 I confirm. A month ago, it rarely happened that during an attack on CP, there was a patrol, supplies, etc. Now it is the norm for me. I almost always encounter elite supplies or patrols. Or the usual supplies. I had two stacks and an elite patrol three times. It doesn't help to look at the map before the attack. It's clean, no enemy forces are around, and after a minute I have an elite patrol or supply behind me. After all, supplies don't come out of a sewer or some house. It moves from point A (eg CP) to point B. It should be on the map.

• Metal_Greg
    155 posts

@richardoshea Yeah but clusters are just a lot more versatile than all those, except for jammer.

"things that go boom are for killing" but there IS a CC aspect to em, especially if you can send em out every 10 seconds or less. cus they can basically make NPCs roll around and get distracted by trying to dodge the seeker, at a press of a button. The devs knew this and that's probably the main reason for the nerf, cus they realized that you could get enemies out of cover and rolling around which allows your teammates to be able to shoot em AND they do massive damage. Personally tho, I don't think they were really that OP and the fact that the tech actually downgrades from one game to the other is just horrible.

• ociwap
    8 posts

You have noticed that some factions (eg Hyenas) use equipment from the Black Tusk fraction or the New York fraction. It happened to me while hunting. They threw grenades to weaken Black Tusk or used bombing drones or launchers with black sticky slime.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@metal_greg Sure, I'm not outright disagreeing with you here as they certainly have the effect you describe. They absolutely do the things you say. Personally, I'd achieve that goal via a different method but if it's working for you then I'm not about to criticise you or the method. What works, right?

I have a maxed explosive damage build and I've not seen them go higher than 7.5m for cluster and that isn't even taking down an elite in Heroic. It'll take out a purple if it takes the full blast which they generally do not as they roll or run out of the centre AoE point a lot. Once their armour is gone explosives work great for sure but their armour is gone so most things do. I dunno, I remember the day when they killed immediately but now it's a rare sight for me. They were never OP if you were the only one running them, but the game went through a phase where everyone wanted to run them and four seeker builds... yeah room clear one press. So they got nerfed and I'm still a little sad about that to this day 😐

*edit A quick edit before someone mentions artificer hive: halfing skill output to increase a single skill damage might buff a seeker to the point of instant kill but it also halves your offensive capability so I don't run that.

• Oatiecrumble
    642 posts

Only thing i noticed is a change of enemies being in a different spot, example would be the CP in WoNY, the CP where there is a song playing that sounds like a christmas song, i noticed that there was quite a few enemies on the building just south of the main building where all the enemies usually are, it's where i normally go to start the CP but this time there was atleast 3-4 enemies on the balcony.

Never seen that before and they was not a roaming patrol.

There has been a lot of things i have noticed that is different, not that i'm moaning.....i do like a change, it mixes things up.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

The only thing I've really noticed is that LITERALLY every time I start a CP, there will be a resource convoy that pops up about halfway through. Every. Time.

I guess I could chalk it up to as a weird string of RNG. But it's very odd behavior for CPs to have it happen every time for like 10 in a row now.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

Impossible to show hard proof, but I do perceive the NPC moare aggressive and it seems to be more of them in the streets.
    As for CPs, I agree things get messy almost all the time, either with convoys or patrols ambushing me from behind.
    All perception, no hard proof tho.

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

NPCs are more agressive at times but typically I think its situational. However its been some time since a patrol, convoy or drone etc has not shown up at a CP take over. That was not the norm a while back but it is now. Its also the reason I avoid some CPs.

• tcarlisle2012
    192 posts

I personally have not noticed the things described in this thread, and I seriously doubt they have resources allocated to what we are playing right now.

One thing I would throw out there is that the game plays very differently from one build and play style to another. When I used to play a build that was best experienced by taking control points from a distance and drawing them out, I would always experience patrols spawning behind, resource convoys approaching from behind, etc.

But playing a build that is best experienced by taking CP's by running well into teh CP and fighting up close, the random patrols and resource convoys are a lot less frequent.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

I hate to be that guy, but I think it's now warranted...

In the light of the new Marauder persistent new "bug" that showed up from nowhere, I believe it's clear that even though there weren't any new updates on client side, someone is tinkering with the server side, and they are not doing a very good QC, if any at all. There is simply no other explanation.
    What's more annoying part (again) is the lack of any communication or mere acknowledgement of this very clear problem...
    Now I'm leaning on the side that says that changes are happening on server side and we are just not told about them.
    Corporate crappy behavior at its best.

• Sircowdog1
    77 posts

@aspoiu Marauder bug? What?

• the_Kettle
    264 posts
    @aspoiu Marauder bug? What?

I take it you didn't attempt the daily project yesterday (or the weekly project or weekly legendary either yesterday or today).
    Take a look in the support forum, there's a whole bunch of threads about it.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@sircowdog1

People talked about it here, but there is more on Twitter and Reddit.
    Long story short, engaging any Marauder triggers repeated delta errors. Since Friday.
    People can't finish missions (Liberty Island, Pentagon, any open world Marauder encounter), even though some were dailies.

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

@aspoiu

my guess is that dificulty is being constantly tinkered up to try and keep the new players engaged for longer, i´ve been sheperding a lot lately and walking around with people that are still under rank 30 in story mode i can seriously tell how hard it is for them to play alone vs how hard it was for me when i did it or even right before they went silent about the game updates.

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

@aspoiu

on that note , not everyone is having that stress , i can assure you i killed quite a few aerial drones in the LZ and missions , namely the pentagon at least 3 or 4 times, since friday and never had one single delta , lag or anything related, i must be a lucky one.

not doubting many people are suffering with this , the reports are more than enough to realize this is a very widespread issue.

Suggested Topics