Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ravenstar1968
    Original poster 6 posts

Is Ubisoft going to look into the graphics glitching that appears when playing The Division 2

An example is here

Once it appears it's initially distracting and then gets worse over time.

Running Acer Predator Helios 300 Windows 10 Home
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.59 GHz
    Ram 32GB.
    nVidia Geforce RTX 2070 With Max Q design 8GB VRAM

Things I've tried so far.
    Verifying game files
    Updating nVidia Drivers to latest game ready drivers
    Turning off Geforce Experience Overlay.

Thanks in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@ravenstar1968 Hey there! We certainly will. Can you let me know if you recently updated your Nvidia graphics driver? Please let me know the driver number you're at as well.

Official Response
  • AU_Nexus691
    8 posts

I thought I was the only one with this problem , I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail but I turned the setting in Nvidia experience from quality to preference and it seemed to fix it

• Ravenstar1968
    Original poster 6 posts
    @ravenstar1968 Hey there! We certainly will. Can you let me know if you recently updated your Nvidia graphics driver? Please let me know the driver number you're at as well.

The driver is 471.11 dated 06/22/2021

• Ravenstar1968
    Original poster 6 posts

@au_nexus691

Are you able to be a bit more specific about the actual option used?

• Ravenstar1968
    Original poster 6 posts

@au_nexus691 - Never mind, it's actually Performance vs Quality.

Moving it down to Performance does indeed do away with the glitch appearing. However I'd still have to ask why the graphics are OK for the first 10 minutes and then the problems suddenly appear?

Tim

• hralex1951
    62 posts

@ravenstar1968 I had to roll the Nvidia drivers back to previous release (461) and that fixed it. However, this needs to be fixed in their next update.

• Ravenstar1968
    Original poster 6 posts

@hralex1951
    I can confirm that rolling back to the 461.71 drivers fixed my issue.

However I only consider this a workaround. Normally later driver versions are supposed to bring improvements. Therefore Ubisoft and nVidia need to work together to fix the issue. Certainly the latest nVidia drivers still have the issue.

• Joker.729
    3 posts

I can confirm that this issue continues with the newest Nvidia driver (471.41) that came out this past July 19th. So for now, the only way to run without the glitched rendering appears to be running with the 466.77 driver set from early June. I've noticed several folks posting about this. Also my friend tells me this is also being reported on their reddit forums. So I'm hopeful this is something they are now actively looking into.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

Hey folks! Thanks for sharing your findings on this thread. I've reported this issue to the team and that the newest Nvidia driver, 471.41, as well as the 471.11 driver appears to be causing issues with the game's graphics.

Official Response
  • linebacker14R
    2 posts

I am having this same problem with Nvida driver 471.96...will try and roll it back ri see if that will fix issue.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@linebacker14r Thank you for the information! Please let me know if rolling back the driver helps.

Official Response
  • XxSHADOWCOMMAND
    11 posts

Getting same thing. game just crashed

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@xxshadowcommand I am sorry that rolling back the driver did not help. Thank you for giving that a try! Would you also be willing to please verify the game files and give this troubleshooting guide a try to test if helps resolve this for you?

Official Response
  • Styxs_NL
    1 posts

@ubisushivamp I also got these glitches and i just reinstalled the game again, so fresh start.

Also, am not gonna roll back my drivers because i play other games also so dont want them to have trouble just because you guys F up again.

ps. its been 2 months since this glitch been found, what have you guys been doing since then?!?

• linebacker14R
    2 posts

@ubisushivamp cant tell you as nvida's web site says I'm not allowed to download drivers directly from nvidia...my GPU is an EVGA FTW3 2070 Super...

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@ubisushivamp
    @ubi-froggard

Thanks for closing my thread. A classic Player "Support" move.

The issues are the same have been for the last 4 months - various artifacts.
    Here is the note from the driver 472.12 release notes under Issues: Tom Clancy's The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. [200754013] 
    While the notes only mention D2, artifacts are present in D1 as well.
    This is the 5th driver release since the issue appeared, and still no fix.

I started the new thread to raise awareness, again. There are a lot of reports, screenshots, videos, additional information in older threads which got no real response.
    What about, for once, you provide some support and tell us what's happening and what's being done about it?

• Adrian-11
    798 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1109 posts

Hey everyone,

We are aware of this issue still and we have already reported it to the dev team, but unfortunately we don't have any further information on the investigation into this at the moment. I apologise for any inconvenience but we will share any information on this topic when we do have some from the devs to share.

We are also aware that rolling back drivers isn't a fix, and it is just a workaround and it is also annoying to have to keep doing this, especially if you play multiple games and need to keep reverting and upgrading when switching between them, but this is the only workaround we have found to work for most players having the issue for the time being.

@adrian-11 Thanks for posting here. Your other thread was just locked because it only mentioned having issues with new drivers and didn't specify what the issues were, but I could tell you must have been referring to something that is already an ongoing issue, so it's just better to try to keep as little threads as we can to keep people informed than lots of threads all over the forums.

Official Response
  • Manimal666
    5 posts

Same issue here on 3080Ti so please get this fixed ASAP as i really dont want to keep rolling back drivers.

Suggested Topics