ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 808 posts
    @n3mb0t

I can imagine how frustrating can be at times...
    I was lucky to have mostly good experiences. But some times, I can't make any sense on what some people do (or not do).
    The most "[censored]?!" for me is when I say "I'm dropping some gear for you" and the agent erratically runs away. By the time I finish sharing, the agent is two blocks away, still running like a chicken without the head. If this was once, okay, but happened several times with different people... so, [censored]?!

from doing this so much i started to develop some almost fail safe ways of engaging with every new player so i can predict what is going to happen and ease down on my pain.

most important one is to say hi in the chat as soon i get near them ,if i get no response i can almost for sure know i wont be getting anything else besides the auto endorse so i start clearing stuff fast and dont take a moment to share or teach anything , this alone saved me a lot of time and grief.

if the player says hi back then i act diferently , i let him take his time , teach him all i can and share stuff , because i know i can talk to him and get a response in the end when i ask for my endorsement.

but even with this some people are absolutely clueless , they seem too have no chat , no game sense , not even the awareness that they called for help , already had two acting as they dont even see the chat but stopping by me ,going idle and start trying on apparel stuff after the request for the endorse ... and im just there asking for the thing and seeing them not responding but changing their trousers , their hats... i just wish i could punch this ones in the face before i leave.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@n3mb0t

Hahaha! Yeah, I forgot about the ones that don't even realize they called for backup, or what it means.
    The clueless "mutes" are the most annoying, I give you that.

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

@n3mb0t Probably in the clueless group by your standards. Although I'm not in chat rooms & no clue where they are. I actually ( for real ) called for back up once then realized I did not know how to communicate. He had a mike & we devised gestures. Anyway it worked & I appreciated his effort. I have mistakenly called for backup. Really I do not remember how but it happened yesterday. I knew when I heard I was promoted to group leader. Aw crap, I was going to just sign out but I was testing a build improvement at the history museum. Never had a problem, and was near the finish. Then someone showed up. Once again no mic on & I would not have known how to use it anyway. Sometimes I wear one for better sound definition/direction. I do not know how to use chat but there are a couple of chat symbols lower left. How they got there (brace for it) yep no clue.

Game, mic instructions & chat icons is not exactly spewing info on ubisoft forums. Now if the powers that be or someone were to provide some generalized assist that would be helpful. As far as help or backup, typically I'm fine with accepting a wipe, restarting & moving on. I actually hate it then eventually accept it. So clueless may be likely but I am appreciative where I can express that or not. Oh the person that helped yesterday, just took off at the end. No idea if he/she had a mic or just wanted something to do.

• the_Kettle
    216 posts

@rodnaz If you're on PC, just tap 'enter' to bring up the chat window, type out your message and hit 'enter' again to send (it'll default to your current group if you're not solo). No clue about consoles though - I guess they mostly use mics, and if you look in the game settings it should let you pick between 'push a button to talk' or just auto-detect when you're speaking.

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

@the_kettle The chat icon is already out, I think. I must have hit enter by mistake some time ago. Sounds simple enough. I check out the mic in settings just in case I call for unneeded help again.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@n3mb0t

I jinxed myself - this evening suuuuuuucked!!!
    The same scenario three times in a row - respond, revive, clear the objective, 2 seconds later "you are no longer in a group". So disappointing.
    I did not respond to any calls after that.
    Also, got abandoned mid-mission by some high-score bros after they rushed fwd and went down.
    From a "social" perspective, not a great evening at all...

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@rodnaz

I think I ran into you once... I don't recall you being clueless.
    I could also confuse things...

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

@aspoiu Only on occasion, but I'm the one counting☺

• HonestlyOK1986
    147 posts

There lies the problem, you help someone and they just ignore the endorsement or are so new they dont understand what it is. Im not a fan of jumping into someones game to find out i can smash everything with 1 shot. Its no fun for the person helping out, ita ok for speeding through content if they've made a 2nd char etc but overall its still pretty dull.

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) you help someone and they (...) are so new they dont understand what it is. (...) i can smash everything with 1 shot. Its no fun for the person helping out, (...)

Sorry for crippling your post, @HonestlyOK1986 , but those are the most important parts for what I want to add: I think that a lot of agents confuse the "call for backup" feature with regular MM – or misuse it on purpose without being aware of the impact this might have on their gaming experience.

If agents really only called for backup if they are in need of backup, that would solve a lot of problems here. Additionally, a bit of MM-logic could also help this feature a lot. Or any kind of options that either lets you choose the power level of your requested backups or lets you set a powerlevel of your incoming requests.

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 808 posts

its just a temporary position , getting there

• hralex1951
    118 posts

@n3mb0t You are doing some excellent Shepherding. I am currently level 49 looking to best my previous level 57, and you make me look like a piker. For me, the positive totally outweighs the negative, the appreciation is often and sincere. Also, many callouts are for heroic activities and they are a lot of fun. The last part of the Bank mission on heroic is really chaotic.
    Keep up the good work. I am inspired to do more.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@n3mb0t LOL @ the rank 😋

Nice work. It takes a lot of patience to shepherd, and anyone who does so should be applauded.

Suggested Topics