Best posts made by Acdcwrocker
Ok, so i got it to work, for those who are confused try this.
- Download and install the file included in @Redlight post
- In your OS drive (usually your C : drive) create two folders one for the videos and one for the sound files.
- Open the ACV folder and keep them next to each other.
- Drag all the files and folders from the video and sound folder in the corresponding C : folder (cut and paste don't copy them.)
- Right click the sound folders and select "pick link source" then in the empty original ACV folders right click and "Drop as" - "Symbolic Link" (make sure you do this for every file, and yes you can batch it with selecting all the files.)
- Do the same again with the files in the video folder. Note Do not try to batch link the folders as it wont work and you have to do each one individually but instead select "drop as" - "Junction"
- You can delete any language files you don't want in order to save some space.
If you make a mistake don't worry just delete the .sym file or the junction and do it again.
Launch the game and give it a min or two and you should be good to go.
Thanks again @Redlight for the post. I'm gonna put on a brew now. Got a long night ahead!
If you are stuck just mention me i will have it open on my phone but i'm not techy so i was free balling it but can parrot what i figured out
Edit: The C : was coming up as a emote aha
@redlight I don't understand the whole creating symbolic link files. Is there a video that explains it. Or can you give me a very basic 101? Apologies I didn't expect to have to do this but I appreciate you posting to help everyone
Edit: and to clarify its more that I don't understand if symbolic links replace the original files in the installation folder and then you keep the originals on the main drive.