Best posts made by Aloninor
While I respect that everyone has different opinions about the game, it would like to give my opinion about some of the topics of your criticism (partially agree, partially disagree)
- The bird not marking things (in camps) from my point of view only adds to the immersion. This time around you can't just fly over a camp, mark everything and now at any given time where every enemy is. Sure this is still possible with Odins sight, but this requires you to be way closer. The bird in ACV serves more the purpose of exploring and, so very fitting for a bird, providing you with a bird's eye view of the camp etc. that you are scouting.
- Gear drops in Odyssey was in my opinion, one of the worst things (gameplay-wise) in Odyssey. So often filled up inventory because every small bandit camp gives you 20 random generated, and in 99% of the time useless, items. I appreciate the new way with making gear rarer (it is really rare) which gives a whole new level of excitement WHEN you finally get a new piece.
- Abilities I do partially agree. Of the maybe 12 abilities (combined melee + range) I have unlocked so far, I only use 2. It seems that some just are stronger than others.
- Viewpoints in ACV highlight POI's, which you could also do in other ways. The increased perception was, for me, never a primary motivation as I found the synch animation + the fast travel motivation enough.
- Gear transmog, completely agree. Really miss this feature. I remember to have heard somewhere that this was planned? (Correct me if I am wrong)
- Scroll speed on PC is perfect. If you scroll on the "Scroll bar" its super-fast, and slower if you scroll "on the items", meaning you have the option depending if you just want to get to the bottom, or if you are looking for something specific. No idea how this is on console.
- Stamina I have mixed feelings about. I think it is nice that we have it in fight - prevents the infinite dodge cycles from previous games. If we would have stamina while running, we should probably also have it while climbing. This I really don't like (even though it might be considered more realistic)
- Chain assassination, well we have the axe throw. But I agree, frequently it doesn't work if target two e.g. is too close.
- Gear sets, I agree. Bonuses are not the strongest (what I have seen so far). I'm not entirely sure if I think this is good/bad.
- Lack of engravings - fine by me. Engravings without gear bonuses like in Odyssey maybe doesn't make sense?
- Bodies vanishing was in Odyssey an ability if I remember correctly. Don't mind having it or not having it, I see advantages in both. Now you can use bodies to draw attention to something.
- I am absolutely crazy about world design. Yes, it is not as colourful as Greece, but I don't see that as a bad thing. It is huge an filled with stuff to do if you ask me (35h'ish in).
- The writing, especially in the smaller world events, is really amazing. Frequently I find my self laughing in front of the screen about some of the problems/stories you encounter. This goes both for the story, as well as interesting characters you meet along the way.
- As mentioned before, I really love the new gear system. It feels like a reward and not like spam when you find gear.
- Love the focus on Lore you encounter in hidden ones bureaus!
- I am very intrigued by the reveal of the new "truth" (aka. the one Ezio encountered) through anomalies!
In conclusion. While I wouldn't say that the game is perfect - I think it is a major step up compared to Odyssey (which I also really enjoyed). This goes especially from the lore/story aspect.
My two cents on some of the mentioned points.
Sorry but calling that racist is [...].
I live in DK, we get the same game shipped (without e.g. danish language even though Jesper Kyd and both voice actors for Eivor are danish, amongst other voice actors!) as many other countries.
By your logic these other countries (e.g. most of europe) could represent us - therefore ubi is racist/discriminatory against danes?
Yep agree. I know you are not alone with the wish to up-scale all enemies to match your power level all the time. But the quick fix is simply reset your skill points and only use as many as the area recommends. Not perfect, but better then completing a level 50 area with level 180.
Well, stream a different game. Stream one of the previous games. If people consider "a seal" a spoiler, then the marketing department can not show us ANYTHING... "What ?!?!? The game is called Valhalla and includes Norway, and we play as a Viking?!?!? How dare they spoil me!!!!!" (You get the point).
Sorry to say, but complaining about a company because they choose to market a product they want to sell is just..... don't have words for it. The views on the videos speak for it self - a lot of people enjoy
ACV is, as far as I know, not released four days early. Some streamers have had access (just like on multiple occasions in the last couple of months) had the opportunity to play for a couple of hours (I think some streamers combined up to 14ish hours) showing us a small part of the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that any players currently have access to the full game, and even if - as mentioned, don't stream ACV, stream an older game if you don't want to hear anything about the next game...
(TL;DR. Don't blame companies for presenting some of the game for marketing purposes. If you, consider even the smallest details a spoiler, avoid those streamers/channels that present them - don't outsource your responsibility for own media consumption)
@madness3v3 but is this really necessary... in the old forum (with way above 100posts) was reaching the point were it wasn't a discussion, but just a lot of people stating the same complaints about the lack of 1h swords... I think Ubi has (by now) seen that people would like 1h swords, no need to start the endless complain about it all over again.
@madness3v3 What answer do you need that hasn't already been posted on countless twitter, forum, reddit or youtube posts?
As of now - there are no 1h swords. Keeping the permanent complaints coming is just a sign that people don't like the answer, not a sign of the lack of one....
@torfinr Not very likely, as I read the email this was simply to inform that preload will start today and that the game is playable at midnight on the 10/11/2020.
So no link or anything connected to your specific account - just keep an eye out when the "Coming soon" text changes to "install"
Latest posts made by Aloninor
Ubi is currently giving away free stuff every day, stil a couple of days left, yesterday they gave the Bayek outfit as well as settlement cosmetic pack So even without having watched the twitch stream everyone could now get it.
But sorry to hear that you still haven't received it
Not quite as far with the game as you are (just short of 70%) but same experience, playing on PC - game is beutifully optimized (avg. of 61fps, which is my cap due to 60fps monitor with everything on ultra), and not a single "serious" or game breaking/halting bug so far. Most complaints, correct me if I'm wrong, that I have read on this forums about bugs seem to come from PS4 - but I might be wrong with that impression.
Only major concern I have about the horses in ACV compared to the last two titles, is the limitations of jumping down of a small cliff. Even if it just a meter, the horse makes a full stop and refuses to jump down (sometimes it works).
Other than that I hink horses are quite nice.
Note: The horse can sprint for several minutes, in contrast to OP "run out of stamina in seconds" comment which simply is not true.
How do you mean ?
My reference to them not being the big bad wolf was in this context a reference to the posters implications that Ubi censored complaints in the forums by deleting complaint posts. From looking how many complaint posts we have, we can see that this is not the case
(Especially in the concrete case from brightlightw, who just couldn't find the thread I linked to earlier - which is NOT the same as "it was deleted by Ubisoft")
I do agree, I have watched all Ubisoft forward events but still haven't gotten the Bayek Outfit (while I have the Axe).
But it wouldn't be the first time that AC games have rewards that (after the initial activity, here UbiForward) can't be obtained. Lets wait and see.
Well, I don't know how far you are in the story, but I have found several items, such as chests and KEYS, that were not lootable. This was not due to a bug, but because they simply were tied to a quest - so the key could be looted after I progressed further in the story. If your case really is a bug... then this sucks obviously.
Well your save games might just as well, which I think is more likely, have been accidentally overriden when you swapped save folders around (as described by you here)... At least I haven't heard of save game loss from anyone who didn't touch the game files.
Further, no they are not treating us like children... in the old forum there was a lot of discussion because people didn't felt comfortable with (primarily) blood, beheadings x-ray assassinations and gore in general. Ubisoft reacted to those complaints and released the game with the options to disable these things. While I personally haven't disabled them, it doesn't hurt my gaming experience that other people CAN disable them. So no this has nothing to do with Ubisoft patronising us or treating us like children. The same me goes for nudity, you get the amount that is in the game, but if you find that this is too much you can disable it. (Sorry you actually feel the need to count breasts)
And lastly - No Ubisoft is not the big bad wolf trying to burry or censor your complaints... You find your complain post here.
Well that has been the same for previous games? Since Origins you where not able to get everything from day 1 unless you had twitch so nothing new
The Bayek outfit also don't required twitch, you just follow along on Ubisofts on webpage an simply log in with your Uplay account, so no twitch needed this time around (also its free).
But, on the bright side, it MIGHT be that these items will be available at a later time for Uplay points.