Best posts made by Aloninor
While I respect that everyone has different opinions about the game, it would like to give my opinion about some of the topics of your criticism (partially agree, partially disagree)
- The bird not marking things (in camps) from my point of view only adds to the immersion. This time around you can't just fly over a camp, mark everything and now at any given time where every enemy is. Sure this is still possible with Odins sight, but this requires you to be way closer. The bird in ACV serves more the purpose of exploring and, so very fitting for a bird, providing you with a bird's eye view of the camp etc. that you are scouting.
- Gear drops in Odyssey was in my opinion, one of the worst things (gameplay-wise) in Odyssey. So often filled up inventory because every small bandit camp gives you 20 random generated, and in 99% of the time useless, items. I appreciate the new way with making gear rarer (it is really rare) which gives a whole new level of excitement WHEN you finally get a new piece.
- Abilities I do partially agree. Of the maybe 12 abilities (combined melee + range) I have unlocked so far, I only use 2. It seems that some just are stronger than others.
- Viewpoints in ACV highlight POI's, which you could also do in other ways. The increased perception was, for me, never a primary motivation as I found the synch animation + the fast travel motivation enough.
- Gear transmog, completely agree. Really miss this feature. I remember to have heard somewhere that this was planned? (Correct me if I am wrong)
- Scroll speed on PC is perfect. If you scroll on the "Scroll bar" its super-fast, and slower if you scroll "on the items", meaning you have the option depending if you just want to get to the bottom, or if you are looking for something specific. No idea how this is on console.
- Stamina I have mixed feelings about. I think it is nice that we have it in fight - prevents the infinite dodge cycles from previous games. If we would have stamina while running, we should probably also have it while climbing. This I really don't like (even though it might be considered more realistic)
- Chain assassination, well we have the axe throw. But I agree, frequently it doesn't work if target two e.g. is too close.
- Gear sets, I agree. Bonuses are not the strongest (what I have seen so far). I'm not entirely sure if I think this is good/bad.
- Lack of engravings - fine by me. Engravings without gear bonuses like in Odyssey maybe doesn't make sense?
- Bodies vanishing was in Odyssey an ability if I remember correctly. Don't mind having it or not having it, I see advantages in both. Now you can use bodies to draw attention to something.
- I am absolutely crazy about world design. Yes, it is not as colourful as Greece, but I don't see that as a bad thing. It is huge an filled with stuff to do if you ask me (35h'ish in).
- The writing, especially in the smaller world events, is really amazing. Frequently I find my self laughing in front of the screen about some of the problems/stories you encounter. This goes both for the story, as well as interesting characters you meet along the way.
- As mentioned before, I really love the new gear system. It feels like a reward and not like spam when you find gear.
- Love the focus on Lore you encounter in hidden ones bureaus!
- I am very intrigued by the reveal of the new "truth" (aka. the one Ezio encountered) through anomalies!
In conclusion. While I wouldn't say that the game is perfect - I think it is a major step up compared to Odyssey (which I also really enjoyed). This goes especially from the lore/story aspect.
My two cents on some of the mentioned points.
Sorry but calling that racist is [...].
I live in DK, we get the same game shipped (without e.g. danish language even though Jesper Kyd and both voice actors for Eivor are danish, amongst other voice actors!) as many other countries.
By your logic these other countries (e.g. most of europe) could represent us - therefore ubi is racist/discriminatory against danes?
Yep agree. I know you are not alone with the wish to up-scale all enemies to match your power level all the time. But the quick fix is simply reset your skill points and only use as many as the area recommends. Not perfect, but better then completing a level 50 area with level 180.
Well, stream a different game. Stream one of the previous games. If people consider "a seal" a spoiler, then the marketing department can not show us ANYTHING... "What ?!?!? The game is called Valhalla and includes Norway, and we play as a Viking?!?!? How dare they spoil me!!!!!" (You get the point).
Sorry to say, but complaining about a company because they choose to market a product they want to sell is just..... don't have words for it. The views on the videos speak for it self - a lot of people enjoy
ACV is, as far as I know, not released four days early. Some streamers have had access (just like on multiple occasions in the last couple of months) had the opportunity to play for a couple of hours (I think some streamers combined up to 14ish hours) showing us a small part of the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that any players currently have access to the full game, and even if - as mentioned, don't stream ACV, stream an older game if you don't want to hear anything about the next game...
(TL;DR. Don't blame companies for presenting some of the game for marketing purposes. If you, consider even the smallest details a spoiler, avoid those streamers/channels that present them - don't outsource your responsibility for own media consumption)
@madness3v3 but is this really necessary... in the old forum (with way above 100posts) was reaching the point were it wasn't a discussion, but just a lot of people stating the same complaints about the lack of 1h swords... I think Ubi has (by now) seen that people would like 1h swords, no need to start the endless complain about it all over again.
@madness3v3 What answer do you need that hasn't already been posted on countless twitter, forum, reddit or youtube posts?
As of now - there are no 1h swords. Keeping the permanent complaints coming is just a sign that people don't like the answer, not a sign of the lack of one....
@torfinr Not very likely, as I read the email this was simply to inform that preload will start today and that the game is playable at midnight on the 10/11/2020.
So no link or anything connected to your specific account - just keep an eye out when the "Coming soon" text changes to "install"
Depends on if you like the game to be somewhat challenging Many gamers, including me, play on the hardest difficulty for a reason, we want as much challenge as possible. Being overpowered by being power level 150 in a power level 90 area makes the game somewhat easy , aka. this reduces the joy of a challenge.
@thegardener25 lets wait with the harsh judgement until we at least have given the new forum a chance. Switching from a known platform to something new obviously requires some "getting used to" time.
Youtube + google is more than enough to get all news about AC that are worth noting. Even without the forum - I would go as far and say that Ubisoft official news sites put together with youtube probably are the most comprehensible outlets for news (not for discussions).
@ville457 Certainly, we have already seen some in the Ubisoft Connect video (unfortunately copy paste doesn't work for me in the new forum, so no link) you find a picture of 4 rewards in the Ubisoft Connect video at 0:42 sec. So far we know of: A weapon, A horse skin, a raven skin, a tattoo set.
I think the "problem" with this in ACV is simply the fact that you can do so many things in so many orders. If you just go for the story, you might not become too over leveled at all, but the fact that different people can do a different amount (and different) side activities, makes it really impossible to have a system that won't make some people over level.
As far as I see it, there are only two solutions to this:
- Make enemies scale to your current power level at all times
- Give players the option to remove skill points to make sure that you are not OP the entire game (which can be game breaking)
Ubisoft here settled for Option 2 which, while not my preferred of the two, totally does the job. I reset when I enter a new area, and don't use any skill points I earn until I enter the next (higher PL) area. So it's really just 1 respec every few hours, depending on area size.
Already now I can see several advantages of the new forum:
- awesome notification system which makes it easier to keep track of posts
- way higher responsiveness
- beauifull new wysiwyg editor
It's probably a good thing
(Especially if it also helps to prevent bots and spam in general!)
Definitely possible. If you open the Ubisoft Connect App, they published an article 2h ago called "Everything you need to know about cross-progression nad cross-play with Ubisoft Connect. They confirm it there for the following games (Ps4 and Ps5 cross-progression):
- Immortals Fenix Rising
- Riders Republic
- Hyper Scape
- Watchdogs Legion
- Rainbow Six Siege
Hope that answers the question
Yep, especially the removal of the large nodes make you less overpowered. Just the one node that lets you throw pack every projectile = god mode. With just that you can kill level 190 roaming bosses as a power level 20 character
But yeah, I think it improves the challenge, I currently have roughly 70 skill point that I haven't used to prevent going full god mode.
Well yes, you have to avoid some streamers and youtubers for 4 days if you don't want to see any content that you don't yet have access to that is true.
I do not quite understand what the Ninja (Yes I know him) example has to do with this? If you want to play the game you watch streams of or not was never the issue was it? Further, you state that you usually (ACV seems to be an exception?) don't stream games that you are interested in, but that is not the case here?
One solution to the problem could simply be for the next 2 days (until release) to switch to streaming e.g. Ninja or some gamer who does NOT stream ACV - problem solved I guess.
In the end we are of course entitled to our own opinions. As I have stated previously, I do not have a problem with a few (compared to the size of the AC community) streamers having early acces to the game, I simply see this as marketing. But yes, it is true that you have to be a bit more critical of what media you choose to consume, in order to prevent spoilers. But this is, in my opinion, not Ubisoft's responsibility but every individuals own responisbility.