Best posts made by Asgardian02
So i visit the forums daily and i like to interact, but i have noticed that the ppl keep posting the same stuff over and over.
I figured it might be better if someone from Ubisoft made this thread a sticky one, and then ppl can just reply here over an dover and thus keep the discussion going.
Would be nice to not hate on each other as everyone has a different point of view anyways. There are plenty of ideas that i don't need but wouldn't harm me either, same goes for someone else,
that might think i dont need a super hard mode, but why hate on that cos i still get to play on easy, if you catch my drift.
So here is my list:
- A better reward system, which in short means better loot from enemies that are suiting. Bring back the random gear drops from odyssey. getting flowers from enemies feels totally weird.
- Armory racks in the longhouse to display gear you not wearing
- give us 1handed swords
- A toggle to remove the slowmo finisher moves, seeing the same one ones over and over gets boring super fast and it slows the combat flow down so much.
- Give the bird the abilities it had in Odyssey
- bring back the transmog system
- Let us remove points from the skill tree and spend them into mastery system instead. There are so many skills i dont need for my playstyle and it clutters my screen to see an 'E' to a place a trap, or an 'F' to carry a body away etc
- make auto loot actual auto loot. Now i still have to run around sometimes to find the guy that dropped tungstun for example
- Make the hardest mode in the game actually hard. Ppl (myself included) that select this setting want an actual challenge.
- Can there be a toggle to have more enemies in the world?
- Let us further customize our settlement, with colors for the houses or small stuff.
- Let us upgrade the fishing line just as other weapons to make that part of the game more time efficient
- let us bring back gear from Vinland
- More shield oriented abilities would be nice. The shield is iconic for that period, yet in the game it slows you down a lot and has no benefits whatsoever in its current status.
- add more replayable content. make it so that you increase difficulty and then be rewarded for that as you complete that. As a reference dungeons
- More armor slots would be nice to be able to make special and cooler builds: boots, pants, belt, chest, gloves, wrist, shoulder, head, armband, necklace. This also ties in nice with transmog system
- add more tats and let us tatoo legs
- more hair and beard styles
- Currently only a few shops serve a purpose in the settlement, whats the point of the rest, can you come up with something to let us interact with the rest as well?
- dont punish us for killing civilians, we are vikings and should be able to be either gentle and nice, or be brutal if we like.
- decrease fall damage, climbing down from high fast travel points over an dover again takes up unnecessary game time.
- Bring back the merc system, let the zealots keep the order or something, it was a great system in Odyssey
- let us customize our mount, i mean give us an upgradable saddlebags that we can work on, to get more inventory or something. Then us change the looks of the mount and such, that would be cool with different slots even
- enable horseback fighting again.
- More high lvl areas
Thats most of my list and what i have seen other share.
Let us discuss in a civil manner and share and add your suggestions and feedback.
I am so confused right now, it says you need to lvl 408 to be able to go on river raids.
No i am lvl540 and i play on drengr so i am like, yeah lets do this.
Then instead of getting some decent loot i get minor runes?? [censored] is that? Normal chests hold only 60-70 leather and iron instead of 150, so thats a bummer.
When raiding a fort of monastery, the enemies dont even come towards you to attack you. My Jomvikings kill then with 1 hit.
This a joke really and no challenge at all.
Now all that we can work for are some cosmetics, why would we care for that? I dont care for cosmetics to my ship nor some more tatoos.
I hoped there would at least be various difficulty stages as it said in the patch notes, but i guess i got fooled once more.
Nothing is mentioned on how to upgrade Jomsvikings either and such.
Pre river raids, i farmed tugnsten of which i have over 250 bars, so getting 1 from a river raids is far from rewarding
Then the new set within the river raids is just a reskin of the Thegn set...
Meanwhile all my gear has ben reset some even to bronze (i had everything maxed out) and my pants are still not fixed, as in it drops below my butt :((
To start with i didnt expect much. I just dont understand how Odyssey had such an awesome transmog system and then in their next installments of the series its absent only to later be added and once more be a massive downgrade instead of upgrade
So in odyssey you had a ton op options and many of these had to be unlocked through out the game giving you multiple options: leather/iron/bronze/copper etc various looks of the same item.
This is not the case for valhalla.
Also when changing items you see an empty model making it super hard to properly mix and match gear as you cant see how it all matched together until you have left the blacksmith. Why have they done this?
Seriously how will i know if certain pants will match the chest piece and or a cloak and what not if the model displaying the new gear is totally blacked out and shows only the items your about to change????
Also they charge 50 silver for every single change you apply.
Once your entire quest-log i empty to only way to gain xp is to kill enemies, yet there are almost none...
By the time your quest-log is empty your well over lvl400 and yet the only high area is lvl340 with just a few patrols in it.
Most of the big forts and encampments that could hold enemies were part of the main story and once conquered they are now being held by allies.
I tried returning to a few forts to find some enemies but there seemed to be just a fraction of what was there during the story mission.
Sure it took me 200hours to get everything done and one could argue you've got your moneys worth, but like games then keep me busy for much longer.
i dont like starting new games over and over.
So i cant help but think whats the purpose of this big world? Why wasn't it made much smaller if in the ned the size of this world doesnt add up to give the player more stuff to do...
As i mentioned before riverraids arent fun, its a tedious chore of repetitive copy and paste content that offers no reward and no challenge.
Even those the content f eels like a total chore and is sluggish as hell, i thought somehow that once i completed everything maybe some new possibilities would open up?
Well it doesnt. It took me roughly 6-8hours to complete everything and then there is nothing to do once more.
Three complete maps with empty content that serve no purpose whatsoever.
Why couldnt they just repurpose the excisting forts and monasteries within England for these events? Once the mainstories are finished they serve no purpose either.
Instead of making new maps that way at least you do some stuff within England.
suffice to say this is such a massive let down.
Great way to start the new content
My spartan bow has been reset to bronze with just 1 slot filled.
Many other items although still mythical have lost all their bars, that a sick amount of leather and iron that i grinded for.
I maxed out all my gear, not only to mythical but to filled all the bars too. Guess i did all for naught
This really sux!!
I dont understand why when your at the blacksmith all items are listed into different catogories which makes it easy to broawse, yet in your own inventory everything is placed without any order.
Also why is the inventory so small when there is plenty of space on the screen??
The inventory could easily be as big as the red square in aboves screenshot. Or make the icons smaller cos you dont see stats on them anyway, only when your mouse is on the icon.
Just watched this video:
And its crazy the amount of ship cosmetics, armor gears, weapons, more mounts and raven variations that Ubisoft is bringing to a game where nothing can be done.
So many items and meanwhile in the game all we get is reskins.
Granted i am no fan of MTX's but if at least the game itself was super awesome and had all its feature that should be in the game working and what i could care less about the Helix store,
This is just mind blowing though.
So fishing is just another activity thats to be meant as a time sink. A massive at that.
Not only does it take quite some effort to even get 1 fish (50-100 space smashes is pretty common), in addition to that the line just breaks for no reason, adding further to the frustration.
Then also fish constantly move away from your shadow or something. So once you have spotted some fish after one throw of the line, all the fish are gone. Making fishing even further frustrating.
In every area there always multiple different fish sorts including small, regular and big ones. So getting the ones you need is already plenty hard.
But the fact that they all move away after even 1 throw is seriously a bad design. Then i have to row in a boat which is another pain as that is a total bug fest. When ever i Press E to start moving a small boat Eivor just grabs his bow instead
Then when i finally am in a good spot once more i have to press C in order to start fishing, but due to my movement most fish are once more gone. Then pressing N doesnt give me my fishing line right away, no i have to literally press N several times before i can cast a line.
So i ask you ubiosft, where is the fun in all this. Some simplification for fishing would be appreciated. If at least the fish didnt kept moving away, then it still a challenge enough for all the above reasons.
Latest posts made by Asgardian02
honestly this wont ever happen.
!st they kept saying they couldnt release the transmog system just yet because they wanted to make it special. Then they release it in the state as we have now, which is total garbage compared to Odyssey.
Not user friendly at all in any way. What armor we have looks horendous in the 1st place.