Best posts made by Asgardian02
I dont understand why when your at the blacksmith all items are listed into different catogories which makes it easy to broawse, yet in your own inventory everything is placed without any order.
Also why is the inventory so small when there is plenty of space on the screen??
The inventory could easily be as big as the red square in aboves screenshot. Or make the icons smaller cos you dont see stats on them anyway, only when your mouse is on the icon.
So i visit the forums daily and i like to interact, but i have noticed that the ppl keep posting the same stuff over and over.
I figured it might be better if someone from Ubisoft made this thread a sticky one, and then ppl can just reply here over an dover and thus keep the discussion going.
Would be nice to not hate on each other as everyone has a different point of view anyways. There are plenty of ideas that i don't need but wouldn't harm me either, same goes for someone else,
that might think i dont need a super hard mode, but why hate on that cos i still get to play on easy, if you catch my drift.
So here is my list:
- A better reward system, which in short means better loot from enemies that are suiting. Bring back the random gear drops from odyssey. getting flowers from enemies feels totally weird.
- Armory racks in the longhouse to display gear you not wearing
- give us 1handed swords
- A toggle to remove the slowmo finisher moves, seeing the same one ones over and over gets boring super fast and it slows the combat flow down so much.
- Give the bird the abilities it had in Odyssey
- bring back the transmog system
- Let us remove points from the skill tree and spend them into mastery system instead. There are so many skills i dont need for my playstyle and it clutters my screen to see an 'E' to a place a trap, or an 'F' to carry a body away etc
- make auto loot actual auto loot. Now i still have to run around sometimes to find the guy that dropped tungstun for example
- Make the hardest mode in the game actually hard. Ppl (myself included) that select this setting want an actual challenge.
- Can there be a toggle to have more enemies in the world?
- Let us further customize our settlement, with colors for the houses or small stuff.
- Let us upgrade the fishing line just as other weapons to make that part of the game more time efficient
- let us bring back gear from Vinland
- More shield oriented abilities would be nice. The shield is iconic for that period, yet in the game it slows you down a lot and has no benefits whatsoever in its current status.
- add more replayable content. make it so that you increase difficulty and then be rewarded for that as you complete that. As a reference dungeons
- More armor slots would be nice to be able to make special and cooler builds: boots, pants, belt, chest, gloves, wrist, shoulder, head, armband, necklace. This also ties in nice with transmog system
- add more tats and let us tatoo legs
- more hair and beard styles
- Currently only a few shops serve a purpose in the settlement, whats the point of the rest, can you come up with something to let us interact with the rest as well?
- dont punish us for killing civilians, we are vikings and should be able to be either gentle and nice, or be brutal if we like.
- decrease fall damage, climbing down from high fast travel points over an dover again takes up unnecessary game time.
- Bring back the merc system, let the zealots keep the order or something, it was a great system in Odyssey
- let us customize our mount, i mean give us an upgradable saddlebags that we can work on, to get more inventory or something. Then us change the looks of the mount and such, that would be cool with different slots even
- enable horseback fighting again.
- More high lvl areas
Thats most of my list and what i have seen other share.
Let us discuss in a civil manner and share and add your suggestions and feedback.
So fishing is just another activity thats to be meant as a time sink. A massive at that.
Not only does it take quite some effort to even get 1 fish (50-100 space smashes is pretty common), in addition to that the line just breaks for no reason, adding further to the frustration.
Then also fish constantly move away from your shadow or something. So once you have spotted some fish after one throw of the line, all the fish are gone. Making fishing even further frustrating.
In every area there always multiple different fish sorts including small, regular and big ones. So getting the ones you need is already plenty hard.
But the fact that they all move away after even 1 throw is seriously a bad design. Then i have to row in a boat which is another pain as that is a total bug fest. When ever i Press E to start moving a small boat Eivor just grabs his bow instead
Then when i finally am in a good spot once more i have to press C in order to start fishing, but due to my movement most fish are once more gone. Then pressing N doesnt give me my fishing line right away, no i have to literally press N several times before i can cast a line.
So i ask you ubiosft, where is the fun in all this. Some simplification for fishing would be appreciated. If at least the fish didnt kept moving away, then it still a challenge enough for all the above reasons.
Once your entire quest-log i empty to only way to gain xp is to kill enemies, yet there are almost none...
By the time your quest-log is empty your well over lvl400 and yet the only high area is lvl340 with just a few patrols in it.
Most of the big forts and encampments that could hold enemies were part of the main story and once conquered they are now being held by allies.
I tried returning to a few forts to find some enemies but there seemed to be just a fraction of what was there during the story mission.
Sure it took me 200hours to get everything done and one could argue you've got your moneys worth, but like games then keep me busy for much longer.
i dont like starting new games over and over.
So i cant help but think whats the purpose of this big world? Why wasn't it made much smaller if in the ned the size of this world doesnt add up to give the player more stuff to do...
yeah i dont understand it either.
There is a massive open world yet very limited typs of enemies. At lvl90 i already unlocked all enemy types, that made me really sad.
But also the fact that enemies or even bosses dont drop awesome loot.
The fact the order members dropped awesome loot in odyssey made me actually chase them
In valhalla i havent made any effort for that yet, cos yeah they drop stuff also u can one shot them expect for the zealots.
After having played well over 190 hours i am getting pretty annoyed by the super slow finsher moves which are the same over and over.
It really brakes the flow of combat and sometimes you cant even evade an incoming attack afterwards.
In odyssey at least we have different finishing moves based upon the weapon we wielded, here however they are the same based on enemy type.
Anyway i would really like such a feature.
Spear dudes get impaled,
fat guys get choked with their flails
fast moving guys get a knife in the head
Then u have chopping off head with an axe of some curved knife
Lastly a knife into the chest.
Just the same over and over
Speeding the animations up would be fine too.
People are different and everyone has different point of reference and view.
Also by giving suggestions and feedback you enable a studio to improve, and isnt that important as well?
Nothing in this world is ever 100% good, there is always room for improvement.
By pointing that out and having an open minded discussion you can actually improve.,
whereas with only praise ppl get lazy. Who does that benefit?
I am happy for you that you liked the game, that doesnt give you the right though to act entitled and say the rest should shut up.
Jorraptor himself is in fact part of the problem.
Not only does he makes content highlighting every single store item but also does he buy every single item.
With such behavior and the amout of followers he has, he stimulates other ppl to also purchase these items.
A better option would be if no one buys the in store crap that would send a better message, but as long as loads of ppl purchase these items as well as gets ultimated or higher edition then the standard ones you give ubisoft no excuse to stop.
Latest posts made by Asgardian02
i am with you. Most of its core mechanics are about combat: runes, gear, skilltree, abilities and so yet there is almost nothing to combat in the game.
Whenever you do get a chance to slay a few enemies the entire combat is slowed down with the annoying finishers moves
Odyssey had similar issues where i was missing more enemies at once, but sure you had greece/spartan battles and arena and other stuff.
I mostly wish when you select a harder difficulty setting that the entire world would be more hostile towards you and that there would be more enemies.
you seriously like that tv show?
I found the main character (girl) annoying AF.
Me and wife couldnt continue watching that show, also its heavily targeted towards children as an audience.
Nothing wrong with of course, but as an adult i prefer tv shows that are more mature and not afraid to show some blood and stuff.
dude i played Diablo3 for 3000 hours over the course of the last 10years.
It is still a fantastic game, sure sometimes i skip a few seasons, but every season is just a fresh start and always fun.
There is so much great stuff there that ubi could really learn from.
As for the monasteries, you can raid them if you want, the enemies respawn, but whats the point. lvleing past a certain threshold doesnt do anything for you.
I play on drengr, unfortunately it isnt difficult in any way and thats sad.
Not sure what your beef with me is aside from the fact that my opinion differs from yours?
Certainly thats no reason for hate or to psuh at me, even so i can handle it but i always try to be civil and neutral.
Yes i have strong feeling about this game, but why shouldnt i voice them? In the end its with the hopes that there will be improvements within this lifecycle or for the next installment.
However since each installment is worked on by another studio, giving feedback hardly seems to have an effect. Since only support staaf seems to comment and they will only report back to th eones that made this game.
I wonder if the studio from next game ever sifts through all the content from the previous installment.
its quite simple, a lot of ppl have complete the entire content a lot faster then you and are disappointing there is nothing left to do but wait till who knows when.
Those ppl myself included would have liked it if they could do replayable content till the time that whatever fresh content is coming.