Posts made by basti-cool
we experience the same issue with all DLCs after the GU14 release.
To the questions you have asked (answers in bold)
- if you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer
- if you (or one of your partners/opponents in multiplayer) uses the Steam version of the game (1 steam, 1 ubi)
- if you notice the issue appearing when building something specific, i.e. lots of ornaments, a huge fleet, certain building types etc. (lag gets noticable after approx. 10 minutes and gets worse over time)
My Hardware specs:
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
- 32GB RAM DDR3
- Windows 10 Pro - 20H2
- Asus RTX 2080 Ti
- Only HDDs
The parts of my game partner:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
- 32GB RAM DDR4
- Windows 10 Pro - 21H2
- RTX 2080 Super
- Game is on HDD
We already examined the RAM in the task manager because it felt like a stack overflow error. Here we observed that the RAM grew up to approx. 10GB and then dropped to approx. 5GB (garbage collector?). It was around this time that the lags in the game became noticeable. Of course, this could just be a random collection. The lags become more and more severe over time, even without a specific action. After about 30 minutes, the ingame time dropped to a third (10 ingame seconds to 33 RL seconds) and the game stuttered so badly that it was no longer playable. The frames are still high, as e.g. steam shows 30-60FPS as always, but the internal clock is slow. We have also tried playing the game with minimal graphics settings, but even then face the same problem after the same amount of time.
Sometimes after the game start (2mins in) we also face a game sync error. If it does not happen in the beginning (works 9 out of 10), it will never happen in this session. This is also new since GU14 and may be related to this problem or somthing different.
With our knowledge in the IT sector, it feels like a hash map is not cleared or something is swapped out (there is still enough space in RAM).
We will gladly provide you with our game saves if there is any interest.
No lag on game start:
Massive game lags after 30 minutes:
Thank you so much for the investigation. We sadly have to play some other game until fixed.
After applying the steps below, always the radius of the first public building is shown. So clicking on a different public building will still show the radius of the first public building. This is not breaking as all buildings work as expected but it is a visual bug and cause confusion for the player.
The bug was tested on 2 different machines on a multiplayer session with all 3 season passes.
Steps to Reproduce
The building/islands in [square brackets] are the ones we tested the bug with. With my tech background I think it also applies to other buildings as well.
- Click on a public building [palace] in a specific island [Crown Falls] and check the range.
- While the building is selected change to a different word [Num1 on the keyboard for the old world].
- Move back to the first island [Num3 on the keyboard for Kap].
- Select a different public building [e.g. bank or oil power plant].
You can see that the radius of the initial building [palace] is still shown on the road markings. This is persistent no matter if you change worlds again or select/deselect different public buildings.
How to fix (Workaround)
- Select the inital building [palace] and deselect it without changing the world.
- click on a different public building on the same island and everything should work now.
I can imagine that changing the world without deselecting the building properly cause the initial building not being deselected properly. So clicking on a different building makes the road markings think it is still the previous building.
Game Update 14 is approaching. Let's hope for the best. It really disrupts the gameflow and is very annoying....
@ubi-milky This bug still exists in GU13. It now occurs 9/10 times. I open the trade route menu with the shortcut T. See also this topic.