Posts made by Bingo_McFriskin
For anyone who is still dealing with this, Ubisoft support helped me figure it out.
In my case, it was a custom port forwarding rule on my router. ACV needs TCP ports 80 and 443. I had a rule for another device set up on port 80 that was blocking the cloud save.
Hope this is helpful for someone else!
@ubikobold Thanks very much for the reply. I have tried restoring licenses on both the PS4 and PS5 since the latest update (188.8.131.52), unfortunately with no success.
Attached are screenshots showing the top of my save list where cloud icons would normally be (they do not appear anywhere on the list), along with the error message I get every time I load the game.
Thank you for your help!
Just chiming in with the same issue. AC Valhalla (v184.108.40.206 on original PS4) will not create cloud saves, so I cannot progress on PS5. I've already submitted a support case with one of my save files.
Every time the game boots on either PS4 or PS5, I see this error: "A problem occurred while trying to communicate with Ubisoft online service. Please try again later. Visit http://support.ubisoft.com If this problem persists. [0x20100501]"
The error code is the same every time.
After this error, I can play normally, save locally, and Ubisoft Connect is linked properly to my PSN account on both PS4 and PS5. But when I quit to the title screen and load a save, none of the saves have the cloud icon.
I have tried (with no success):
- Unlinking and re-linking my Ubisoft Connect account
- Erasing two older save files that did have cloud icons but were missing ~80 hours of progress
- Uninstalling/reinstalling the game on both platforms
- Loading the PS4 version of the game on PS5- progress is present only on the PS4 version
- Feasting and sleeping at Ravensthorpe and playing for an hour to see if a new cloud save is generated
In case it matters:
- I did have an issue several months ago with corrupted save files. I am not sure if this was when the cloud saves stopped updating.
- I used the "Online Save" function in Immortals: Fenyx Rising (same Ubisoft Connect account) with no issue.
You mentioned "re-sending the save files from PS4 before loading them on your PS5". I don't see a way to do this other than using the PS Data Transfer, which does not transfer PS4 progress to the PS5 version. Is there a way to force a cloud save?