Welcome to discussion
Best posts made by burfo_
Latest posts made by burfo_
Card view has some nice aesthetics but I don't use it because the topic cards take up so much vertical space that I find myself scrolling for days. If the area highlighted in this screen shot could be compacted a bit I'd enjoy it better. I use list view instead, but I don't like that list view excludes showing the thread author/date.
The forums do an incremental loading of more topics as I scroll down the page. However, it requires me to scroll down too far before it actually loads more topics. I am using Chrome in list view mode. Here's an example screen shot. It seems to initiate the loading of more topics once the bottom edge of the Community Details panel comes into view, but that's too far down. As a user if I see the bottom of the topic list (purple arrow) with no loading indicator and no pagination tools, I will believe that I have reached the end of all the topics in the section.
This was a bit...unexpected. I was on my horse, which was standing next to a tree. I dismounted, and ended up stuck inside the tree. I probably could've fast-travelled away, but an enemy promptly killed me first. This was in East Anglia, east of Elmenham, near the little camp with the carbon ingot.
PC standard addition, difficulties with the "The Case of the Missing Ale" quest. I got stuck at the point where I retrieved the barrel of brew but Ake wouldn't take it because "You must be anonymous". I don't know what caused the problem, but here's the awkward chain of events:
- I grabbed the barrel from Ubetech.
- I ran Westward with the barrel toward the path, then turned South.
- Along the path, I ran into the zealot Eorforwine, who was more than happy to try chopping me up.
- Sprinting ensued.
- Near the southern shore, I got hit with an attack that knocked me down. The barrel fell out of my hands at that point. Unsure if it was on the ground or disappeared.
- I kept running, past where Ake was standing. Noticed his boat, which should be on the shore next to him, wasn't next to him. Eorforwine kept chasing.
- Eventually, he lost interest and started wandering back toward where he came from.
- Then he walked near Ake and decided he didn't like Ake either, so he beat up Ake while Ake just stood there. A minute later, Eorforwine was seen non-aggressively walking away from Ake northward along the path. Unsure if Ake died and respawned or if Eorforwine just gave up.
- I went back to where my barrel had dropped; couldn't find it.
- I ran all the way back to Ubetech, found the barrel back in the hut again so I picked it up.
- With the barrel I ran back to Ake on the shore, his boat still not there, where I get the message "You must be anonymous".
- If I set down the barrel next to Ake, it creates an autosave. If I reload that autosave, the barrel is not there anymore but Eorforwine is right next to Ake and again unhappy with my presence.
I was able to "fix" this by reloading a save prior to when I initially retrieved the barrel from Ubetech, and completing it more directly.