Welcome to discussion
Best posts made by cmhoughton
I had the problem too, I posted screen shots of my inventory list and the on Twitter, @ubikoreanbbq:
Someone posted a workaround which worked for me, but I don’t believe everyone will be able to do it. (Requires access to Vinland.)
- Equip your Hunter Bow
- Travel to Vinland.
- Shoot all arrows.
- UNEQUIP the hunter bow.
- Fast travel back to England.
- Capacity should be back to what it was, in my case it was 30/40/15
This worked for me, but didn’t work for my sister. She only got up to 20 hunter arrows even though she had a 30 arrow capacity before.
Here is the page that had the workaround originally, the author says you need to buy arrows from the store in Ravensthorpe after step 5 above, but I checked the inventory after equipping my bow and the upper limits were back to 30/40/15, so I don’t believe that’s necessary.
Yeah, I’m having the same issue. Xbox One X, most recent update. I drink and never get drunk. I tried to get drunk doing the drinking game which is kind of close, but Eivor sobered up on the walk over before trying to talk to the pig. It’s the last mystery for me in that area, so I would like to see this fixed.
Thanks for the earlier info for small sturgeon. I found some close to the bridge ruin near Rouecistre Fortress.
I’ve been unable to reel in Big Flatfish, though I did catch a couple, but they glitched (for the lack of a better word) & got away.
I’m on X-Box One.
Here are the spots I tried today after the update (I used to be software tester/lead tester, so I can be a tad verbose):
- in the little inlet SW of the Rochestre fort (in the shallow area where you can use your spear)
- In the river just Southwest of that blockade, near the bridge ruin on the West Bank of the river, though I got Bream, Grey Trout, and Sturgeon now that I don’t need them
- I ‘caught’ one Big Flatfish there today, in the middle of the river’s mouth fishing from one of those little fishing boats, but it glitched & I couldn’t reel it in. It swam all around me, coming so close like two or three times I thought I got it, but it only pulled away or circled the little boat before the line broke
- in the tidal pool on the West side of the Brimcliffe Monestary on the Southern coast of Suthsexe, though I got Big Bream and a Big Sturgeon there, I think only two small flatfish.
- near the Roman ruins on the Isle of Wight, got bream and smaller flatfish
- the fishing pier on the Southeast side of the Isle of Wight, though I got bream and sturgeon there
- at the mouth of the Embert River, where the city of Porchestre is
- I ‘caught’ one Big Flatfish there today, but (like the spot near the Rochestre Blockade) I couldn’t reel it in. That one took a lot longer before the line broke or whatever happens when the fish gets away.
Hope this helps, but it would probably be easier to use arrows to shoot fish. Using the line is WAY too time consuming when I’m catching dozens and dozens of fish that aren’t what I’m looking for.
Is there any way the Odin’s sight can light up prey and bad guys longer than it’s currently doing? That would help.
Or, it would be nice if there could loot dots on arrows that miss, more like that worked in Odyssey, so Eivor could at least retrieve some of them.
Or maybe if there could be some way to craft arrows, like in Odyssey?
Or maybe let Eivor swim with a spear or a sword? That would make fishing more fun, nothing like swinging around a weapon when you’ve had a bad day...
Latest posts made by cmhoughton
I still get this problem, I got it today in fact. I thought there was a known issue post about it but I couldn’t find it so I’m replying here.
I started out in Ireland, but there was only one quest available, Lost Books.
So, I didn’t pick it up and went back to England hoping to get two.
And two quests were listed, Man-eating Animal (or Man-eating Menace, I didn’t get a capture) & The Phantom.
I picked up both, but only The Phantom shows up in Quests.
Why we don’t get more daily quests? Odyssey worked better in that. The weekly quests were more challenging as well, as much as I disliked the naval ones.
I still don’t have the opals on the map like I should have...
I purchased the map packs and I started a new game primarily to workaround the main storyline quest to not get the final order member, so I know there should be a lot more opals on the map that I’m not seeing. The only ones I could pick up with the new game were the ones that were previously unable to pick up, like the one on the shelf in Walden and the stream running through Jorvik.
Are the opals tied to my username or to the specific game?
Thanks, @stevez_pun. I did not see that before posting, obviously (though I did look around about it before posting and didn’t see anything specific) so thanks!
Glad it’s getting fixed, just got a ton of decorations to burn up the Festival tokens and silver and wanted change stuff around...
Although, I must say the crashes haven’t improved much since they did that. I crashed three times yesterday in the settlement before I gave up and did something else.
I was able to do the the Ostera Festival Redecorate Quest, I don’t recall the name, but now a day or two later I can’t use the decorations I recently got.
I did not get a screenshot, but there is nothing where the interaction ‘station’ (or whatever you call it) is for each spot and no decoration itself.